Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (77415 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / Best 5 Cars For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by knotty(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
jodeci:

Just wish michelin is this cheap in PH. They gave me the tires R18/265/60 for 46k each.

I wonder o.
Where will you get Michelin tire for 10k
Abeg, budget 60each for a good tire.
Other than that you will have to settle for Korea.
Whatever you do, do not touch Used Tires.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Observator: 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2013
Your choice of Tyre should consider safety as the primary focus. Many Tyres are good but you must beware of imitations. Hence, you must buy from credible source. cheers
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by horlabiyi(m): 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
I no get car. Nothing to say
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Geomac: 4:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
jodeci:

Either tyre or tire is correct bro.

Thanks
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by JaaizTech: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Michelin, Pirelli are some of the best quality out there. If you want something cheaper, you may try maxxis, I bought it sometime ago and it was quite impressive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by profola2be(m): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Aromas:

Bros u get car?
Honestly,I doubt it if he has Bicycle or Okada!
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by churific(m): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
For Nigerian roads, you'll need all resistance, heavy duty metal tires.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by ray502(m): 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
I recently bought tracmax tires for my 2003 camry.they are quite cheap.I don't knw about about the quality though.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by sayso: 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
person wey get SUV dey look for Tyre to buy.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
jodeci:
Peeps,i intend to change the four tires of my SUV.I actually have in mind to go for michelin or pirrelli.

But someone suggested i could get same michelin/pirelli tire quality at less cost.

Please can u suggest alternatives and possibly cost range.Thanks.

i use goodyear cargo tyres...
You can try firestone or bridgestone. Go for any tyre labelled ''CARGO''. They last long.

1 Like

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by jodeci(m): 5:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
sayso: person wey get SUV dey look for Tyre to buy.

for lack of what to say? hungry man.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
At present, I use michellin on my SUV, its good. And I love the silence, grip and its durability but I'm not trying to advertise any company. OP, Do a thorough research,and consider factors such as the terrain in your locality (snowy, muddy, sandy, rocky, loosed gravel or tarred roads), frequency of driving, load such tyres will have to bear, your intended speed, the climate of your locality.based on this, consider the type of construction of the tyres, date of manufacture, intended terrain of such tyres, intended vehicles such tyres would be mounted upon and target climate of such tyres. When you have these data, you can go and buy your tyres but DON'T even look at TOKUMBO or inferior quality tyres.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by jodeci(m): 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
churific: For Nigerian roads, you'll need all resistance, heavy duty metal tires.

you got me laughing.

1 Like

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by erico2k2(m): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
Buy tokumbo tyres
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2013
You just exposed yasef.

Adrenaline123: Michelin. New one not less than 10k
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by badmuspeace(m): 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
grin grin grin
I nofit grin grin o,,,,10k?
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by tankwa: 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
Jodeci, what do you mean by 'Nigerian Roads'?. Is there anything wrong with Nigerian Roads? Is it different from roads in other countries. You are to explain why you should not be sanctioned for using that phrase 'Nigerian roads' in what you posted before the close of business today.

1 Like

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
this is the best tire for Naija roads grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by gulfer: 6:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
jp philips: any japanese manufacturer is ok, no korea or european
word, try Falken tyres, been using mine ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̶̲̥̅̊ two years plus Ω̴̩̩̩̥αw. Japan tyres aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ good.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by antartica(m): 6:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
I am sure uncontrolled speed contributes highly to the melting of tyres on baking nigerian roads that almost always result to ghastly accidents.

Speed kills.In a country where there is no speed limit,no roads and hardly any driving training for drivers,you have to use your common sense.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by FlyboyZee: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
jodeci:

Just wish michelin is this cheap in PH. They gave me the tires R18/265/60 for 46k each.
You are absolutely correct. I bought the same tyres for Toyota Prado SUV at N45K each. Four tyres cost a whooping N180K at Olusegun Obasanjo Way in Port Harcourt sometime in April, this year.

I know made in Korea 'Achilles Platinum' tyres of the same specs goes for around N28K.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Adrenaline123(m): 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
Some people no dey understand english. (NOT LESS THAN) N10,000.

Okey. Mathematically,
if michelin is not < 10k,
therefore it is > 10k.

7 Likes

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by greggng: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
I bought 4 bran new gt tyres for my camry and I was lucky to come back home a life from a trip . Recently a neigbor introduced me to tokunbo which I got at 4k each and I never regretted following his advice. Must new tyres re fake . If you can get original once pls buy but if u can't go for first grade tokunboh
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by john650(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Observator: Your choice of Tyre should consider safety as the primary focus. Many Tyres are good but you must beware of imitations. Hence, you must buy from credible source. cheers

That's right, safety should be the operative word when shopping for a tyre. Things to lookout for is the date of manufacture, tread wear number, temperature resistance, speed symbol, maximum load capacity and traction.

The date of the manufacture is important for the buyer to determine its expiry date, which is normally four or five years depending on the brand. The manufacturing date is represented by four figures on the side wall of the tyre. The first two digits indicate the week of the year while the last two digits stand for the year. Tread wear number indicates the tyre’s wear rate. The higher the tread wear number is, the longer it should take for the tread to wear down. For example, a tyre graded 400 should last twice longer than a tyre graded 200. The temperature resistance, which is represented by letters “A,” “B “or “C,”indicates a tyre’s resistance to heat. Letter “A” is suitable for hot climate. Letter “B’ is meant for normal weather areas and while “C” is for cold areas. M+S is used to indicate that a tyre is suitable for mud and snowy terrains. It is popular in Nigeria and the SON said that it is appropriate for the Nigerian roads.

For brands and more information, please visit the following site: http://consumernewsng.com/2012/09/18/how-can-you-tell-a-good-tyre/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Goddex: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2013

Guy, you funny die, seriously.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by phayvoursky(m): 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
wetn concern me? GO USE OKRIKA TYRE. Nairaland be like mechanic workshop? abi u de sleep?
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by jodeci(m): 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
john650:

That's right, safety should be the operative word when shopping for a tyre. Things to lookout for is the date of manufacture, tread wear number, temperature resistance, speed symbol, maximum load capacity and traction.

The date of the manufacture is important for the buyer to determine its expiry date, which is normally four or five years depending on the brand. The manufacturing date is represented by four figures on the side wall of the tyre. The first two digits indicate the week of the year while the last two digits stand for the year. Tread wear number indicates the tyre’s wear rate. The higher the tread wear number is, the longer it should take for the tread to wear down. For example, a tyre graded 400 should last twice longer than a tyre graded 200. The temperature resistance, which is represented by letters “A,” “B “or “C,”indicates a tyre’s resistance to heat. Letter “A” is suitable for hot climate. Letter “B’ is meant for normal weather areas and while “C” is for cold areas. M+S is used to indicate that a tyre is suitable for mud and snowy terrains. It is popular in Nigeria and the SON said that it is appropriate for the Nigerian roads.

For brands and more information, please visit the following site: http://consumernewsng.com/2012/09/18/how-can-you-tell-a-good-tyre/

Quite educative,merci beacoup
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
Adrenaline123: Some people no dey understand english. (NOT LESS THAN) N10,000.

Okey. Mathematically,
if michelin is not < 10k,
therefore it is > 10k.

Stop fooling yourself . Is there any new tyre of any brand that is even 10k ?

Well call your dealer and let me know if I can get a R16 225 55 for 11k !
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by tucker12(m): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Try dunlop south africa tyres. It was recommended where i do my wheel balancing.
Re: The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads by Mubby4luv(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
U might want to try Winda, its good too or forcecum.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Innoson Unveils Tricycle Ambulance For Quick Emergency Response / Don’t Throw Away Those Old Tyres. See What You Can Use Them For (PHOTOS) / Six (6) Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.