Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread - Phones (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread (612806 Views)

Gionee M3 Discussion Thread / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by aia99: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kaycee7: A beg no yab. How do you do a benchmark?
just go to playstore or google search for the latest version of ANTUTU BENCHMARK download it,install it,after that click on test score,wait for some minute for it to do dat, after dat u can easily check gpu,cpu,RAM,internal memory,compare the phone and all dat e.t.c (u will need internet to perform some of the task) u will do me a favor by uploading the screenshot where the gpu is written on it (maybe it PowerVR,Mali,Adreno followed by d model number)

1 Like

Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by Kaycee7(m): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
aia99: just go to playstore or google search for the latest version of ANTUTU BENCHMARK download it,install it,after that click on test score,wait for some minute for it to do dat, after dat u can easily check gpu,cpu,RAM,internal memory,compare the phone and all dat e.t.c (u will need internet to perform some of the task) u will do me a favor by uploading the screenshot where the gpu is written on it (maybe it PowerVR,Mali,Adreno followed by d model number)
Thanks man. Let me get data.
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by aia99: 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kaycee7: Thanks man. Let me get data.
u ar welcome ok
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
I thought somebody already ran the bench mark for my baby M3, why are people still asking for bench mark?
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2013
rapeest: Oya
bro have you Rooted yours?
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by aia99: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
ZesusHVWritter: I thought somebody already ran the bench mark for my baby M3, why are people still asking for bench mark?
yeah bro bt we hav nt seen the actual gpu d device is running on all d answers i see here ar based on mere assumption nt practical
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
okay I just tried Skype video calling, though say na flash I flash oh, but I see the front camera come into use.
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
aia99: yeah bro bt we hav nt seen the actual gpu d device is running on all d answers i see here ar based on mere assumption nt practical
you won't see it, but maybe am wrong because the GPU is embed in the CPU and the GPU is Mali 400
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by rapeest: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
ZesusHVWritter:
bro have you Rooted yours?
no
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by rapeest: 2:01pm On Aug 12, 2013
ZesusHVWritter: okay I just tried Skype video calling, though say na flash I flash oh, but I see the front camera come into use.
wit YM sef
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by aia99: 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
ZesusHVWritter:
you won't see it, but maybe am wrong because the GPU is embed in the CPU and the GPU is Mali 400
hav u run a benchmark on urs and pls how do u know the gpu is mali 400
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by biomedixexcel(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
Tecno L3 for sale @ 8k
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
rapeest: no
so those games work without rooting cool,
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
aia99: hav u run a benchmark on urs and pls how do u know the gpu is mali 400
no I have not, but I have seen screen shots of the bench mark result. would have loved to run it for you but I don't have enough data, the Mali 400 is embedded in the CPU MT6572E.

1 Like

Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
rapeest: wit YM sef
I don't' understand you bro..
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by Michealeni: 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kaycee7: REVIEW
Design
The Tecno M3 is a nice & sleek phone with a good feel. It has the usual 3 real buttons & 3 virtual buttons. The difference with M3's virtual buttons is that the options & return keys have switched positions with the options key on the right & the return key on the left.
The display is splendid. Crispy clear with sharp graphics.

Camera
The camera is indeed 5mp but the flash ain't LED unfortunately. It tries but it could have done better. The camera makes up for this by taking neat and clear pics in bright environments. So the pic quality is satisfactory in daytime.

Apps
The phone comes preloaded with a lot. Facebook, Whats app, Opera, UcBrowser to name a few. Also there's a folder tagged Assistant that contains uninstalled files lyk Instagram, Battery saver, Google plus, Angry Birds & other stuff.

Connectivity
The M3 has WiFi & 3.75G. I haven't had the chance to check out the WiFi yet. The 3.75G is WOW. Loads a 100+kB page @ 7 secs, downloads a 15mb file in 2mins. Its wonderful.

Battery
While the 1400mAh of the M3 is no match for L3's 2400mAh, it tries a lot. lasts 6.5 hours under heavy usage & 8.5 hours under mild usage. Still think it should last longer with the dual core though.

Conclusion
The Tecno M3 is one of few Tecno phones that can be said to have it all. Delivering a lot for little seems 2 be Tecno's motto & days y we love them. If you want the best of low budget Tecno, then go 4 Tecno M3.
brother any thing about GPS and A-GPS may be it present on the device
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by aia99: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
ZesusHVWritter:
no I have not, but I have seen screen shots of the bench mark result. would have loved to run it for you but I don't have enough data, the Mali 400 is embedded in the CPU MT6572E.
Bro u shud hav known tecno with the habit of giving out wrong specs,the Chipset of this phone can never be MT6572E because dat Chipset supports only edge network,I shud hav called it MT6572 which i found out dat it supports both edge and 3G coupled wit Mali 400 and 1.2ghz dual core cpu underclocked to 1ghz,bt from the benchmark pasted by a guy here i saw its cpu to be dual core MT6589 which is similar to quad core 1.2ghz MT6589 which comes wit powerVR SGX544MP GPU.Also remember dat tecno erroneously stated the chipset of phantom A plus to be MT6577 which is a dual core cpu which they hv called a quad core bt running a benchmark on it,it result is dat its chipset is MT6589 Which is actually quad core, try to run a benchmark on urs so that we wud clear all dis doubt,also remember dat am not trying to say u are totally wrong
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
aia99: Bro u shud hav known tecno with the habit of giving out wrong specs,the Chipset of this phone can never be MT6572E because dat Chipset supports only edge network,I shud hav called it MT6572 which i found out dat it supports both edge and 3G coupled wit Mali 400 and 1.2ghz dual core cpu underclocked to 1ghz,bt from the benchmark pasted by a guy here i saw its cpu to be dual core MT6589 which is similar to quad core 1.2ghz MT6589 which comes wit powerVR SGX544MP GPU.Also remember dat tecno erroneously stated the chipset of phantom A plus to be MT6577 which is a dual core cpu which they hv called a quad core bt running a benchmark on it,it result is dat its chipset is MT6589 Which is actually quad core, try to run a benchmark on urs so that we wud clear all dis doubt,also remember dat am not trying to say u are totally wrong
I will as soon as I can bro.
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by tical(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
how gud is M3 5pixel camera compared to L3 3pixel *which is poor in picture quality* ?
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by UncleTosin: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
I go buy this phone by wednesday

2 Likes

Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by Seyilome(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
aia99: hav u run a benchmark on urs and pls how do u know the gpu is mali 400
If you check MTK's chipsets on wikipedia u shall see MTK's chipsets and their gpu running on each.
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ediddem(m): 5:28pm On Aug 12, 2013
This is the benchmark results

Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ediddem(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
Tecno should have launched this phone first instead of N3, to me, they have tried even though the benchmark test reveals some lies in their ranking.

Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by rapeest: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
ZesusHVWritter:
I don't' understand you bro..
yahoo messenger
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by OCTAVO: 6:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
I just snapped with this phone in the dark, the flash is a lot better than previous tecno phones' flash.

1 Like

Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ediddem(m): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
OCTAVO: I just snapped with this phone in the dark, the flash is a lot better than previous tecno phones' flash.
you are right man, i just love the camera, better than N3,P3 and L3
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by Seyilome(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
ediddem: Tecno should have launched this phone first instead of N3, to me, they have tried even though the benchmark test reveals some lies in their ranking.
atleast the GPU is Mali 400. Yeah! Am going to get this phone latest next weekend.amen.
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by aia99: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
ediddem: Tecno should have launched this phone first instead of N3, to me, they have tried even though the benchmark test reveals some lies in their ranking.
oga u too much more power to your elbow,instead of Tecno to write gpu:Mali 400mp they ar writing embedded
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by Elemona94: 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
Just bought mine. Am now a member of TM3.
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by Youngtekkey(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
Olamyyde:
don't waste your time it only works on android 2.3
maybe u don't read the second part of the post there is way u can do it and it will work on any other version currently am rocking it wella
Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
rapeest: yahoo messenger
no, infact I downloaded a new yahoo messenger as the one on the assistant app store keeps saying "unfortunately messenger has stopped" the new one solved that issue but is like yahoo are having issues because I can't login via messenger or via opera mini.

1 Like

Re: TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread by rapeest: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
ZesusHVWritter:
no, infact I downloaded a new yahoo messenger as the one on the assistant app store keeps saying "unfortunately messenger has stopped" the new one solved that issue but is like yahoo are having issues because I can't login via messenger or via opera mini.
d video call works wella

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (399) (Reply)

New Release Tecno H6 - The Spec And Price Will "Wow" You / Tecno N3 Discussion Thread / How To Access Facebook Desktop Version On Mobile Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.