Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Desmond Tutu: 'i'd Pick Hell Over Homophobic Heaven' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Desmond Tutu: 'i'd Pick Hell Over Homophobic Heaven' (463 Views)

Desmond Tutu's Daughter Weds Her Lesbian Partner & he Was there (Pics) / Desmond Tutu Celebrates 60th Wedding Anniversary / Church Sign Has A Message For Homophobic Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Desmond Tutu: 'i'd Pick Hell Over Homophobic Heaven' by prymesolution: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
South Africa’s iconic retired archbishop, Desmond Tutu, said on Friday that if he had his pick, he’d go to hell before heading to a heaven that condemned homosexuality as sin.

“I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this,” he said, by way of denouncing religions that discriminate against gays.

He added: “I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place.”

He made the remarks during the United Nations‘ launch of its gay-rights campaign in Cape Town.

Mr. Tutu also likened equal rights for gays to the fight for equal rights for blacks.
“I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid,” he said. “For me, it is at the same level.”

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/07/desmond-tutu-id-pick-hell-over.html
Re: Desmond Tutu: 'i'd Pick Hell Over Homophobic Heaven' by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
arch bishop, let it be unto you according to your heart desire. You choosed hell? Ok go there.

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Lawyer Suing State Of Israel For The Unlawful Cruxification Of Jesus / The Influencial Power Of A Tongue-talking, Holy Ghost Filled Believer / ADAM & EVE Were Cars!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.