Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Importing Auto Parts From The United States - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Importing Auto Parts From The United States (729 Views)

Genuine Car Spare And Replacement Parts From Europe / Get Your Clean Cars From The United States / Order Your Original Car Parts From Empirical Logistics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importing Auto Parts From The United States by neuronin: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
I had asked some auto parts sellers on Nairaland how I could import auto parts for personal use but I could afford neither the cost nor the terms so I decided to try on my own.

The purpose of this thread is to document my experience in the hope that it helps some people (this is my first time of importing auto spare parts).

In case I am just carrying coal to Newcastle, somebody should let me know but I did search through the site for info of this nature but got none.

Hopefully my (success) story would spur others to try; especially those who, like me, prefer OEM parts to the Ladipo used ones.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am not a dealer or auto parts seller, no! However after making my purchases the warehouse asked me to join a customer loyalty programme in which I get a discount on my subsequent purchases if any customer buys from them on the strength of my referral. But please YOU DO NOT HAVE TO buy from the same place I am buying from! The sole aim of this thread is to pass across helpful information.
Re: Importing Auto Parts From The United States by neuronin: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
Okay, the car is Volvo V40, 2001. Tokunbo.
Just as part of preemptive maintenance, I had decided to change the timing belt, belt tensioner, fuel filter, air filter and oil filter.
I called a couple of sellers on Nairaland but I was concerned about the following:
1. High price
2. Long waiting time
3. Uncertainty of product delivery after payment especially because they wanted money upfront. Well, this is naija ooo!
4. Possible mismatch between what I want and what they supply.

Since I'm no novice to online transactions, I decided that if I had the right information I could do this on my own.
So I started about four days ago.
Re: Importing Auto Parts From The United States by jaybee(f): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
@op Well, i appreciate your concerns. but you did not provide any information on your experience on the concerns you highlighted in your post, viz:

neuronin: ... but I was concerned about the following:
1. High price
2. Long waiting time
3. Uncertainty of product delivery after payment especially because they wanted money upfront. Well, this is naija ooo!
4. Possible mismatch between what I want and what they supply...

Was your adventure worthwhile? did you obtained lower prices? was the waiting time any shorter? how did you pay for the parts; online, wire transfer, debit card, credit card, paypal etc. ? did you pay for the parts before or after delivery? did the pats match as desired? any warranty? what is the return policy of the warehouse? what if the parts did not match?

so many questions needing answers. please narrate your experience it may be helpful.

I'm personally contemplating buying a ECU for my dodge caravan in the US but I'm weighing the shipment option and the cost of returning it in the event that it did not match.
Re: Importing Auto Parts From The United States by doncharlesdee: 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2021
Hello lovely people.I am in the United states,States, New York to be precise. I have had some experiences in auto spare parts(used) before I left nigeria.For some time now,I have been seeking for some specific advice and clues on how to import some used spare parts from America.Although I have the knowledge and possible movable spare parts to get.And giving that the price of parts changes over time in relation to the exchange rate,I decided to seek for more guidance on how to go about the importation process.
My main focus is to import spare parts of some america cars and foreign cars via handcarry instead of the regular container shipping.
Questions:
1.How much would the cost of buying some parts and sending them in a hand carry method be.Does it require certain amount.?
2.Do you think I can realize or make good profit importing a hand carry spare parts that are hot cake in the market.?
3.Is there an estimated amount of money that is required to start up...please if there's any advice on amount of money that would make up a good hand carry,please specify.
I am in New york,York, and if u have some1 here in NYwho does this type of business.Kindly let me knw so I can borrow some ideas from him,and inquire where he gets those parts at cheaper rate,and the over all tips to getting what goes with the demand in nigeria.
THANKS FOLKS.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toks Toyota RAV 4 (2007). 08188015880 / A Neatly Used Toyota Landcruzer 00/01 Model 4sale In PORT HARCOURT @ 1.450k / TOKS1992 Model Mitsubishi Bus Forsale.......................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.