Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

When Nature Limits Us - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Nature Limits Us (727 Views)

Anti Success Symptoms That Limits Our Progress In Life / Dating A Friends Ex -- Off Limits Or Just A Matter Of Time? / It's Not What You Don't Have That Limits You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Nature Limits Us by Serendipity: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is not to discourage anyone.
I have always been a realist. One of the snags I have with motivational speakers is that they say innumerable things which are at best chimerical and illusory.
=
They will see a dumb person and encourage him that he be an orator; they will see
dwarf and urge him to become a basket ball player.
They never agree that any form of limitation exists. This to me is the acme of foohardiness.
=
In reality, THERE ARE LIMITATIONS nay natural limitations. For example, if you are impotent, deaf or dumb, or have any form of impairment, you cannot be say a priest. You have been limited by nature.
Again, if you are below a certain height, you cannot be a member of say, the armed forces. These are some of the ginormous examples if natural limitations.
=
It is, however, counselled that one be working with the air that there is no limitation as this will make one exert oneself hence achieving ones maximum potentials.

AT ANY RATE, it is politic to accentuate and dwell on ones 'selling points' and achieve success with it .
Cheers.
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
I disagree with you on some points...In life, A man is only limited by his mind and thoughts but, I agree with you on the fact that that somethings are physically impossible.

The secret is creating a balance between reality and fantasy.
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Serendipity: 9:35am On Jul 30, 2013
mitwitdot: I disagree with you on some points...In life, A man is only limited by his mind and thoughts ...
Sounds obtainable only in alice in wonderland world.
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
Serendipity:
Sounds obtainable only in alice in wonderland world.

Dude, the mind has a very powerful force that is still not comprehensible to advanced science. The potentials possessed by the mind can only be limited by an individual...I guess you must have come across this sentence "as a man thinks in his heart, so is he".

Please, I reiterate, anything is possible If you believe BUT balance is key.
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Serendipity: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
R
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Empedocles(m): 12:16am On Aug 02, 2013
[i][/i]firstly i would like to say dat d veil btween fantasy is indestructible........secondly most pple project their DREAMS into fantasy.....which makes their dream dead from d very onset.....thirdly d power of d mind is undisputably enourmous and enigmatic but it as well as limits .....jst like d first speaker as said even d statement "if u ve faith u can move mountain" the"mountain" is nt mountain u knw wot i mwean

1 Like

Re: When Nature Limits Us by Serendipity: 8:16am On Aug 08, 2013
Empedocles: [i][/i]firstly i would like to say dat d veil btween fantasy is indestructible........secondly most pple project their DREAMS into fantasy.....which makes their dream dead from d very onset.....thirdly d power of d mind is undisputably enourmous and enigmatic but it as well as limits .....jst like d first speaker as said even d statement "if u ve faith u can move mountain" the"mountain" is nt mountain u knw wot i mwean

Bonzer
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Serendipity: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2013
Serendipity: This is not to discourage anyone.
I have always been a realist. One of the snags I have with motivational speakers is that they say innumerable things which are at best chimerical and illusory.
=
They will see a dumb person and encourage him that he be an orator; they will see
dwarf and urge him to become a basket ball player.
They never agree that any form of limitation exists. This to me is the acme of foohardiness.
=
In reality, THERE ARE LIMITATIONS nay natural limitations. For example, if you are impotent, deaf or dumb, or have any form of impairment, you cannot be say a priest. You have been limited by nature.
Again, if you are below a certain height, you cannot be a member of say, the armed forces. These are some of the ginormous examples if natural limitations.
=
It is, however, counselled that one be working with the air that there is no limitation as this will make one exert oneself hence achieving ones maximum potentials.

AT ANY RATE, it is politic to accentuate and dwell on ones 'selling points' and achieve success with it .
Cheers.
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Serendipity: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2013
mitwitdot: I disagree with you on some points...In life, A man is only limited by his mind and thoughts but, I agree with you on the fact that that somethings are physically impossible.

The secret is creating a balance between reality and fantasy.
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Serendipity: 9:02am On Sep 01, 2013
Some will ask a fish to climb by faith
Re: When Nature Limits Us by Serendipity: 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
Serendipity: R

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why You Didn't Get A Job / 10 Common Cover Letter Mistakes To Avoid / New Job Openings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.