Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert (8450 Views)

NIS Recruitment: Why We Halted Presidential Order On Employment Offers / Nnpc Text Through Phillips And Co On Employment / Etisalat Info On Employment. Hurry Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by mrking3(m): 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
Shut up your mouth ... If you've got nothing reasonable to say!
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by realbomax: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
d same ascon was contacted to handle recruitment in osun state some mths ago and d result of d test was cancelled due to irregularities experienced during d conduct. jamb was later given d job to do and despite dat,d state only charged applicants #1000 dey paid for d form dey bought. why d difference in ogun?
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by 1miccza: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Yeye talk *oro po ninu iwe kobo*thrash and absolute rubbish!!!!!*snoring with eyes open*
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by jaybee(f): 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
Brimmie: MY TAKE:
In Human resources, when you want to attract talents you spend money, that money is an investment towards the talents you seek to acquire. When you ask people to pay 12k Naira for an Exam they are not sure to pass, a Job they are not sure to get then something is wrong.

What if the best talents cannot afford the money?

The idea or this recruitment drive is laudable if only there was no fee attached to it. I wish Mr Governor will use some of his security vote to offset this for at least 2000 candidates.

You have valid points here.

Besides, it looks the scam that it is.

Why conduct this exam outside the "normal period?; it appears the govt officials will bargain for their "cot" (commission on transaction) on the "extra cost" to be borne by the applicants.

a shameless unconvincing weak and lame excuse for a criminal act.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Exponental(m): 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Virtually all exams we write, we pay for them, pls flash back. Days of waec, jamb, post jamb......just name them. Some of them give certificate while some do not.
Those already in civil service wont mind paying N20k cos of d worth d exam. I have people who got jobs through it n also av those who regretted they missed d last opportunity. It is only a priviledge for new entrants.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by fortune1968: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
if an unreasonable demand like this can come frm a nigerian govt ;why then should we blame BRITAIN demanding £3000 to admit nigerians to their country ? useless ACN ! useless govt
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by MARKREN: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Your comment is so wrong. How can you justify paying for "employment forms" citing WAEC & JAMB. In standard HR practice, Job exams are used for promotion & confirmation of new hires. In Nigeria we know how to turn good concepts into avenues for exploitation. And for the record pls give us names of the people who you claim have gotten jobs through this means......... If this is waht ACN is going to sell to us through their "APC", I think we are better off with "PDP"..................................

Exponental: Virtually all exams we write, we pay for them, pls flash back. Days of waec, jamb, post jamb......just name them. Some of them give certificate while some do not.
Those already in civil service wont mind paying N20k cos of d worth d exam. I have people who got jobs through it n also av those who regretted they missed d last opportunity. It is only a priviledge for new entrants.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by afunmmy: 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
There papa yansh
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by kunleee(m): 6:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
last year,it was 10k. I strongly advised a frnd against obtaining d form last yr,bt he did obtained and never made it pass d 2nd stage exam.
They will just slot-in thr pple and used d masses to gather salary for them.
I pity my fellow ogun graduates.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Sinbad2007(m): 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
The small one wey I still the manage after service, na em they one com collect. what if I don't pass the exam?

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 31, 2013
jydemmie: Now we all come together to drop all forms of comments. U claim to b a graduate yet u can't thnik thru.
No one was forced to buy bt I bliv a rite thinkin person shld read btw d line. I can't fall 4scams lk dt.
Wise up graduates

You're right there.. 1. Ascon's exam 2. Commission's exam 3. Interviews...! & did I read som1 wrote no. 1511 (2wiks ago). Its goin 2b a pity dt only 50 wil b employed.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by tolasa(f): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
Dee'aba:
1200 ke,as at d time I bought the form I was number 1511 and that was two weeks ago.
pls,where is the venue for d exam?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Deeaba(m): 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
tolasa: pls,where is the venue for d exam?
Don't know yet. Someone told me Abeokuta Grammar school but i'm not really sure about that but the exam is on the 29th and 30th of mnth. Wishing us the best of luck o. Aw var with the premise and conclusion section. Any clues to that.cos i'm having a hard time with dat aspect. A simple explanatn will go a long way.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Deeaba(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2013
Dee'aba:
Don't know yet. Someone told me Abeokuta Grammar school but i'm not really sure about that but the exam is on the 29th and 30th of mnth. Wishing us the best of luck o. Aw var with the premise and conclusion section. Any clues to that.cos i'm having a hard time with dat aspect. A simple explanatn will go a long way.
The venue is MAPOLY.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by itunuelijah: 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2017
Brimmie:
Ogun State Government has explained that the advertisement placed by its Civil Service Commission in which applicants were requested to pay examination fees had been grossly misunderstood by those criticizing the policy.

In a statement by the Commission’s Chairman, Chief (Mrs) Ronke Folarin, the government stated that the application fee was a regular requirement which had been part of the procedure for recruiting University Graduates into the professional cadres in the Public Service since the inception of thestate.“The prescribed fee in the advertisement is examination fee anda sundry, as the examination is being handled by the Administrative StaffCollege of Nigeria (ASCON), Badagry. The examination is meant for University Graduates aspiring to join the Professional Officer Cadre of The Civil Service andit is done to set the standard for new entrants.

The present examination is aspecial one as it is being done outside the normal period of January, hence theseemingly extra cost’', Folarin stated.

While insisting that the examination fee has nothing to do with generation of funds, she said the payment of fees for the ASCON Examination was not peculiar to Ogun State and neither is it new.

She noted thatover the past 30 years, Graduates who want to join the Professional Cadre of The Service have had to pay for the Examination while officers in the service,who plan to convert to the Professional Cadre, also need to pay and sit for theexamination. She said the payment for ASCON Examination is the normal practice in The Civil Service in most States of the Federation and that the difference in the exercise is that Ogun State has been advertising the processing the last Two Years now, a measure taken to ensure Transparency and making the opportunity available to all and sundry.

She added that the recruitment process was a rigorous one andis in Four Stages, including Written Examination to be conducted by ASCON, which will hold for Two Days, a written test to by conducted be the commission, Four-Day Interview to be held by Consultants, and the Final Interview to be held by the Commission.“The Administration of Senator Ibikunle Amosun has employed over 15,000 people into the Civil Service. The form for the Rapid Employment Generation Programme, through which applicants came in, was distributed free. The Government cannot be a party to exploitation of the Citizenry as is being Portrayed in some reports on this issue,” Folarin added.

Source: Senator Ibikunle Amosun Page On FaceBook
[b]
Brimmie:
Ogun State Government has explained that the advertisement placed by its Civil Service Commission in which applicants were requested to pay examination fees had been grossly misunderstood by those criticizing the policy.

In a statement by the Commission’s Chairman, Chief (Mrs) Ronke Folarin, the government stated that the application fee was a regular requirement which had been part of the procedure for recruiting University Graduates into the professional cadres in the Public Service since the inception of thestate.“The prescribed fee in the advertisement is examination fee anda sundry, as the examination is being handled by the Administrative StaffCollege of Nigeria (ASCON), Badagry. The examination is meant for University Graduates aspiring to join the Professional Officer Cadre of The Civil Service andit is done to set the standard for new entrants.

The present examination is aspecial one as it is being done outside the normal period of January, hence theseemingly extra cost’', Folarin stated.

While insisting that the examination fee has nothing to do with generation of funds, she said the payment of fees for the ASCON Examination was not peculiar to Ogun State and neither is it new.

She noted thatover the past 30 years, Graduates who want to join the Professional Cadre of The Service have had to pay for the Examination while officers in the service,who plan to convert to the Professional Cadre, also need to pay and sit for theexamination. She said the payment for ASCON Examination is the normal practice in The Civil Service in most States of the Federation and that the difference in the exercise is that Ogun State has been advertising the processing the last Two Years now, a measure taken to ensure Transparency and making the opportunity available to all and sundry.

She added that the recruitment process was a rigorous one andis in Four Stages, including Written Examination to be conducted by ASCON, which will hold for Two Days, a written test to by conducted be the commission, Four-Day Interview to be held by Consultants, and the Final Interview to be held by the Commission.“The Administration of Senator Ibikunle Amosun has employed over 15,000 people into the Civil Service. The form for the Rapid Employment Generation Programme, through which applicants came in, was distributed free. The Government cannot be a party to exploitation of the Citizenry as is being Portrayed in some reports on this issue,” Folarin added.

[/b]
Brimmie:

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by itunuelijah: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
pls help. I need as on past questions and answers .itunuelijah@gmail.com
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by nathskib(f): 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
Did anyone pass the ascon exam

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wema Bank Fresh Graduate Trainee Recruitment And Experienced Hires 2011 / 2012 / 2014/2015 Nigerian Agip Exploration Postgraduate Scholarship Award / Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.