Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website (1781 Views)

Has Anyone Experience Hacking Of His Website, After Using A Cracked Theme? / A Client Is Forcing Me To Use Asp.net For His Website Project. / Did Nairaland Just Dump Google Adsense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by coolguy2002: 8:41am On Apr 24, 2012
This is the question I always ask myself everyday. There are a lot of Nigerians forums out there which has sleek design but people don't go there often like Nairaland. Again. Just wanna know how did Nairaland had or gets their traffic. How did Seun do it? Was it by advertising, spamming or what. LOL. Just want everyone to drop his suggestion but especially Seun.
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by chrishenzo: 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2012
There are things that affect Seun traffic
1.) The Site Age
2.) Number of Nigeria Forums existing before Nairaland was launched
3.) It topics

As you know, more than 70% of Nairaland users stumbled on the website through organic traffic example google or yahoo. They might be searching for something regarding Nigeria and Nairaland came up.

1 Like

Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by coolguy2002: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2012
some website are more than 10 years but nairaland gets more traffic than them. explain that
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by yamakuza: 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2012
coolguy2002: some website are more than 10 years but nairaland gets more traffic than them. explain that

simply put:

Content is King !
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by yamakuza: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2012
^ i think its more of mass appeal than fortune.

Fortune is highly probabilistic while mass appeal/fads can be programmed.
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by ahmsta(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by coolguy2002: 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
ahmsta: * Age
* Content
hey whats up ahmsta. u were in the list i was talking about. phreaks. lools. no offense... ok i understand. but sometimes is just the matter of letting the website known to people and provide best service to them that any competitor cannot provide
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by Seun(m): 9:58am On Apr 25, 2012
When pressed, I always tell people that content is the key thing, but unfortunately, nobody ever believes me.
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by ahmsta(m): 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
coolguy2002: hey whats up ahmsta. u were in the list i was talking about. phreaks. lools. no offense... ok i understand. but sometimes is just the matter of letting the website known to people and provide best service to them that any competitor cannot provide

Yeah.. 9japhreaks is just few years old.. And theres been changes. (just building new contents and stable members)
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by coolguy2002: 3:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
ahmsta:

Yeah.. 9japhreaks is just few years old.. And theres been changes. (just building new contents and stable members)
yeah i started my first forum just before you but i run out of capital and i closed it. loooooooools. but just started a new website all together still drawing plans for it.
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by ahmsta(m): 3:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
shocked ah! So your are the one spamming my forum... That wont promote your site...you know?
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by coolguy2002: 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
ahmsta: shocked ah! So your are the one spamming my forum... That wont promote your site...you know?
nah is not me. but i believe is someone different. i have never spam on your website...... when did this hapapen
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:52am On Apr 26, 2012
Seun: When pressed, I always tell people that content is the key thing, but unfortunately, nobody ever believes me.

That's it bro. When your site is rich in content, especially local content, the search engines will be in love with your site, hence you wont have to be spamming or get involved in some shits just to drive traffic to your site.
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by Peterson1993(m): 7:51am On Apr 26, 2012
@Jide the bloger and Seun.... Hmmm. "Content is the key"...hmm am surprised hearing that. I never knew just content was they key. K lets go updating our website with gabages and get cool SEO.lol google go flog ur page rank. U guys forgot to add quality contents.... I think nairaland is rather fortunate with the kind of members it gat. Hardly u see a nairalander copy pasting which is more detrimental to a website's progress cos google always have a way of seperating the abumen from the yolk.. I see some bloggers and site owners copy pasting articles word for word and not knowing the demage they giving to themselves and their page rank. For the case of nairaland, u always see members typing competing to give out the best taugh. That has help nairaland all along.
@thread owner. I believe the answer is not only content moi.. First check out for the total reg members. Getting closer to a million. That one no be joke. That clearly indicates that time has been a key factor. Getting good SEO is also key. Only a blogger can use content cos they in chrage of everything posted in their blog. Unlike webmasters where they mostly not aware of the source of contents from the members
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by Frosti(m): 9:18am On Apr 26, 2012
I believe in Seun's case, luck was more of a deciding factors.

There were ofcourse other smaller factors at play.
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by BigStar1(m): 10:34am On Apr 26, 2012
I beleive he's just fortunate.

For cheap bulk sms visit www.smsparo.com
Call 08060678106
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by Seun(m): 3:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
U guys forgot to add quality contents
I think this is obvious to everyone.

I see some bloggers and site owners copy pasting articles word for word and not knowing the demage they giving to themselves and their page rank.
Good point, and it just re-emphasizes the fact that content is the most important thing.

I believe the answer is not only content moi.. First check out for the total reg members. Getting closer to a million. That one no be joke. That clearly indicates that time has been a key factor.
The total number of registered members isn't important; only active members matter. But you have to ask yourself what attracted all those people to sign up on Nairaland in the first place. There's no doubt that time is a factor, but Naijaryders and some other Nigerian forums preceded Nairaland. What was different about Nairaland? I believe we were the first Nigerian forum to take content seriously.

1 Like

Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by Peterson1993(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2012
Seun:

There's no doubt that time is a factor, but Naijaryders and some other Nigerian forums preceded Nairaland. What was different about Nairaland? I believe we were the first Nigerian forum to take content seriously.
YoYoYo. I just checked out the naijaryders. Created far way back 2000 and not even among the top 400000 websites in the world... Hmmm i think it is not just being a site owner that matters but being a successful site owner. Intelligence from the site owner plays a huge role.. Just reading about SEO yesterday, and i across a pargraph that interest me Saying " a website design can as well affect SEO". Nairaland i believe is not the most beautiful website in terms of design but i believe it design is inline with SEO requirements" and u can easily get the gist. @thread owner SEO is almost the biggest factor. I registered in this site early 2011 only this month i started finding myself as an active member. I had fogot the existence of nairaland until i found it top in one of my google search early this month. Just maintain a page rank of 5/10, and u are good to go

1 Like

Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by 365naijanews(m): 11:40am On Sep 16, 2012
Nice thread i like the way is going on here. Am a site owner too.

I think seun is not only lucky but bless. Becos everythng he put is hand is alway the best Oh.

For those asking how he did it.
The answer is very simple HARDWORK, PASSION, DEDICATION, ZEAL and above all God.

If you can do this the world wil be suprise at ur jet growth oh.

Am out of to work on ma own too oh.
Re: How Did Nairaland (Seun) Gets Traffic To His Website by Ogundale(m): 7:00am On Sep 17, 2012
Content is the secret.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Forum Website / I Need Real Web Traffics For My Blog Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo / Get $150 In Free Adwords Credit When You Spend $150.*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.