Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,907 members, 7,844,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread - Phones (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread (421638 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Palimaster: 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
shogz89:
Thanks tomi . I've gotten it
abeg forward it to me i av not received mine, my email is pali4all@yahoo.com... Thanks man
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Mikados(m): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
koolvin12:

Pls how do I solve this problem now? Am back to Tecno ROM.thanks for ur help
use mobile uncle tools to back up ur imei to ur mmc so u won't fall victim of invalid imei o.
follow the steps to flash MR 3
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
for those who are having a blank screen after flashing melting rock here is the solution, cos i encounter the same, what i did is wiped every thing and flash again
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Mikados(m): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
koolvin12:

Pls which of d disablers did u flash in Recovery or cwm Pls explain more on how I can solve this problem..thanks for ur help
I don't think u need those anymore since u r back to techno ROM. just follow the normal steps of flashing a arom
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ohdahphae: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Bro after porting how much internal memory was left? I'd appreciate a screenshot
Mikados: Fellas, if una neva port to Melting Rocks 3, you are on a very very looonnngggg thing o. grin grin grin
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by tomzman: 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
Palimaster: my guy i av just check my mail, i have not seen anything like that .. Pl send it again... Tanxs
I have resent it. Let me know when you see it.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by tomzman: 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mikados: Fellas, if una neva port to Melting Rocks 3, you are on a very very looonnngggg thing o. grin grin grin
All this melting rocks 3 u guys are talking about, me I no understand o! Abeg can you, marcjoe or anybody help me outline the steps to take after rooting, down to porting to this melting rocks 3. Abeg!
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by davetwitzy: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
tomzman:
All this melting rocks 3 u guys are talking about, me I no understand o! Abeg can you, marcjoe or anybody help me outline the steps to take after rooting, down to porting to this melting rocks 3. Abeg!
have you flashed cwm recovery
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by thunder74(m): 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
tomzman:
I have resent it. Let me know when you see it.
I need it too at niceme07@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Brunel(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
tnx to Seunpayne, Marcjoe, Dmangai and odas who hav in one way or d oda contributed in adding value to ppl lives.........ppl u may neva get to meet.......im grateful because my getting my first andriod was hinged on this thread........u guys r d bomb.........big thumbs up.....

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by dazzy4real(m): 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
dazzy4real: pls guys how do i install an adriod app on pc to phone? do i need any andriod pc app

Somebody shud help me na pls ... Where do i go to download andriod app from on pc abi google play get pc app ?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by tomzman: 9:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
davetwitzy: have you flashed cwm recovery
No, how will one go about that?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Mikados(m): 12:07am On Nov 22, 2013
ohdahphae: Bro after porting how much internal memory was left? I'd appreciate a screenshot
1.6gb and 0.98gb for ur apps. if u use app back up&restore all apps u back up will be stored on ur internal memory. otherwise u will need to use a file manager to move items into that memory space. note that 1.6gb is the leftover of the 4gb d fone came with
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ineriteitee: 12:57am On Nov 22, 2013
Sorry o, all these things u guys are talking abt here will they work 4 A2 and pls do u guys advice me 2 buy it over A+?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by varicszoe: 4:20am On Nov 22, 2013
[quote author=koolvin12]

u did not back up ya stock rom dats is bad...@marcjoe can help u on steps to unbrick...sori. i feel ya pains
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by hermic4eva: 5:45am On Nov 22, 2013
Abeg personnwey feel say e no d steps to porting to m.r.3 without problems make em post am here 4 us learners Na ....abi she I Na only una wan dey enjoy am? @marcjoe Abeg wen u go post am here Na...like Hw u do m.r 1 & 2 smiley
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 6:22am On Nov 22, 2013
HOW TO INSTALL CWM
It is imperative to note that while cwm isnt a must, if you ever
plan to root your phone and enjoy its benefits then you must
accept the fact that something might go wrong along the way.
with that in mind i usually recommend this step immediately after
rooting. if you wont flash cwm, then i will advice against rooting
also.
1. Go to playstore on your phone and download "mobileuncle
tools" (you must be rooted for this app to work).
2. once it is installed, download the cwm from here
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5j_NCLhSSvISG5tSlRwYTQwc3M/preview?pli=1
3. now put the image inside your memory card directly (not in a
folder) and open the mobileuncle tools and choose the Recovery
Update option. It would be the first one you see on the list.
4. select it and say yes to all it asks..(it wont take advantage of
you, I promise).
5. It should reboot into recovery. which is a dark screen with blue
text. (in the future, use the power button + volume up button to
enter recovery mode)
Now lets back up your phone.
1. you will need at least 2GB free to back up as well as at least
50% bat3. Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down and the
power button to make selections.
2. once you are in recovery mode, scroll down to backup and
restore and select it. next choose the backup option which is
usually the first option. Sit back and relax cuz it takes a while.
Once that is done, scroll down to go back and den select the
reboot phone option to turn your phone back on
So now we have rooted and backed up our phone.....

HOW TO PORT TO MELTINGROCKS III.

Download MeltingRocks III zip from here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5j_NCLhSSvIaE5QVDljUlBRSEU/preview?pli=1
Place it on root of SD card.
Go to recovery mode.
Wipe : cache,, data,, factory reset,,, Dalvik Cache,,,, system (if possible try 2 times).
Scroll to install zip from SD card.
Say yes, wait for the phone to do the magic.
When complete reboot the phone.

HOW TO GO BACK TO STOCK ROM.

You did the backup when installing CWM, Yes..
Go to recovery mode.
Scroll to backup and restore, press restore either from internal or SD card.
You will find the folder of your backup.
Restore it by pressing ok.
Wait for restoration.. It might take some time because of checking MD5 sum be patient it will wil be over within 5 minutes.
Reboot device, back you are in previous ROM.

Any issues encountered please say we try to help.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by thunder74(m): 7:26am On Nov 22, 2013
hermic4eva: Abeg personnwey feel say e no d steps to porting to m.r.3 without problems make em post am here 4 us learners Na ....abi she I Na only una wan dey enjoy am? @marcjoe Abeg wen u go post am here Na...like Hw u do m.r 1 & 2 smiley
I had issues too while porting to MR 3 from MR 2 but i later discovered that: 1, My new memory card of 32gg was bad or the phone can't run it smoothly. 2, the MR 3 rom i downloaded was not complete even though it was 380 mb when i downloaded it with my A+ ucweb and said completed but i later redownload it on another system and it is abt 386.7 or thereabout and followed the installation instruction on how to install MR 2 since it is well explained there and MR3 rom is beautiful.

But while going through aall these, I first restored my custom rom.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ohdahphae: 7:59am On Nov 22, 2013
thats sweet! compared to stock rom that will chop all the space before you start downloading apps sef angry
Mikados:
1.6gb and 0.98gb for ur apps. if u use app back up&restore all apps u back up will be stored on ur internal memory. otherwise u will need to use a file manager to move items into that memory space. note that 1.6gb is the leftover of the 4gb d fone came with
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ohdahphae: 8:01am On Nov 22, 2013
y'all should tryout SHADOWGUN the game is too balm!!
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2013
MELTING ROCK 3 GET SERIOUS BUGS OOOH....CANT ACCESS NAIRALAND OR OTHER WEBSITE ON MY PHONE SINCE 4 DAYS AGO...I WAS THINKING IT WAS NETWORK PROBLEM......AM BACK ON THE BEST MELTING ROCK 1
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Mikados(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2013
marcjoe: MELTING ROCK 3 GET SERIOUS BUGS OOOH....CANT ACCESS NAIRALAND OR OTHER WEBSITE ON MY PHONE SINCE 4 DAYS AGO...I WAS THINKING IT WAS NETWORK PROBLEM......AM BACK ON THE BEST MELTING ROCK 1
I don't think so bro. na which browser u dey use? cos I dey access any site with ucweb & opera mini
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by corinefire(f): 9:05am On Nov 22, 2013
the Battery Capacity isn't enough, only 2100mAh. i prefer a smartphone with the large enough Battery Capacity like [url=http://www.funbookes.com/goods-127-Xiaomi-M3-18GHz-Quad-Core-MIUI-V5-Smartphone-50-Inch-FHD-Screen-130MP-Camera-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-%28Black--Silver%29.html]xiaomi mi3[/url], the most powerful
smartphone with 3050mAh Battery Capacity.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2013
Mikados:
I don't think so bro. na which browser u dey use? cos I dey access any site with ucweb & oREENni

i had to create a new access point...and its now working ...but i experienced the problem of locking and d screen not coming on unless u do a battery pull....
Someone using a+ even came to my place yesterday, when i flashed d melting rock 3 at first it was showing a BLACK SCREEN, unless u press d power button thats when it would show....so i installed melting rock 1 first for d person and wiped again b4 it worked.....

WELL THE MELTING ROCK 3 ROM IS FAST, SMOOTH , AND LESS BATTERY DRAINER....BUT I CANT WITHSTAND DAT BUG OF LOCKING MY PHONE AND WHEN I TRY TO OPEN IT BACK IT WOULD NOT RESPOND AGAIN....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2013
corinefire: the Battery Capacity isn't enough, only 2100mAh. i prefer a smartphone with the large enough Battery Capacity like [url=http://www.funbookes.com/goods-127-Xiaomi-M3-18GHz-Quad-Core-MIUI-V5-Smartphone-50-Inch-FHD-Screen-130MP-Camera-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-%28Black--Silver%29.html]xiaomi mi3[/url], the most powerful
smartphone with 3050mAh Battery Capacity.

Wow, thats a great phone.....but its not in NIGERIA yet...i would really go for it if its truely 3050mah ba3....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by davetwitzy: 9:49am On Nov 22, 2013
marcjoe: MELTING ROCK 3 GET SERIOUS BUGS OOOH....CANT ACCESS NAIRALAND OR OTHER WEBSITE ON MY PHONE SINCE 4 DAYS AGO...I WAS THINKING IT WAS NETWORK PROBLEM......AM BACK ON THE BEST MELTING ROCK 1
are you using internet.ng.Airtel.com
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by tomzman: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2013
I just flashed cwm now and was about to port to the melting rocks 3 when I saw this. If a whole Oga marcjoe could say this, then I no de port again o! Abi is there anyone using the melting rocks 3 without any problems?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2013
tomzman:
I just flashed cwm now and was about to port to the melting rocks 3 when I saw this. If a whole Oga marcjoe could say this, then I no de port again o! Abi is there anyone using the melting rocks 3 without any problems?
am using MeltingRocks III and it has no bug what so eva it has astonishing download speeds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (216) (Reply)

#UNIVERSAL GSM CODES# / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. / 2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.