Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,215 members, 7,867,541 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:04 PM

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread - Phones (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread (423115 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by olamikhx(m): 10:31am On Nov 22, 2013
...but Nairaland and other web pages are loading on mine using both mobile and wifi network...I hope mine won't stop working soon too...

marcjoe: MELTING ROCK 3 GET SERIOUS BUGS OOOH....CANT ACCESS NAIRALAND OR OTHER WEBSITE ON MY PHONE SINCE 4 DAYS AGO...I WAS THINKING IT WAS NETWORK PROBLEM......AM BACK ON THE BEST MELTING ROCK 1
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2013
for you to get the good flow of melting 3 is to flash melting 2 first then clear it and flash the melting 3, that's wat i did and mine is running smoothly with battery life extended more
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2013
After the disappearing of my Md5 I did a trick style and restore my custom rom back, and move a head and flash again, details coming soon
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by seunpayne(m): 10:58am On Nov 22, 2013
For those of you having bugs on mr3.
Normally I just ignore posts about bugs because most people use the word without even knowing what it means.

There are instructions and proper procedures. Follow them.
Do factory reset and wipe cache
Wipe System... Wipe it again
Wipe Dalvik
Install rom
Wipe Dalvik for extra measure
Install your apps the normal way (don't restore) you can save the apk somewhere
Then use titanium backup to restore only data.
All the problems you have is caused by incompatible settings restored on the rom.

Finally, it's really not by force to use a custom rom. But if you choose to then do so and accept that it won't be perfect.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 22, 2013
marcjoe, I think the bugs u encountered in melting 3 due to tatanium backup restored, what i notice is whenever u finish flashing don't restore through batch action just do it manually,cos if you restore automatically it'll bring back network search data back to melting 3 and jamm so u will nod be able to browse even the network will be flaunting
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by tomzman: 11:21am On Nov 22, 2013
D.Mungai:

am using MeltingRocks III and it has no bug what so eva it has astonishing download speeds.
Ok. I would follow the procedure you posted earlier and try it out. If anything happens to my a+, I go hold you responsible o! grin cool

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2013
melya: marcjoe, I think the bugs u encountered in melting 3 due to tatanium backup restored, what i notice is whenever u finish flashing don't restore through batch action just do it manually,cos if you restore automatically it'll bring back network search data back to melting 3 and jamm so u will nod be able to browse even the network will be flaunting
Absolutely correct. I was tryin to figure out the problem n I think you have said it. ALWAYS WHEN RESTORING APPS NEVER RESTORE SYSTEM APPS IT MIGHT CAUSE FORCE CLOSE OR TOTAL UNRESPONSIVENESS, ONLY RESTORE USER APP.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 11:41am On Nov 22, 2013
tomzman:
Ok. I would follow the procedure you posted earlier and try it out. If anything happens to my a+, I go hold you responsible o! grin cool
Follow the instructions correctly and do as the my comments before this post, when using titanium backup restore only user apps
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2013
D.Mungai:

Absolutely correct. I was tryin to figure out the problem n I think you have said it. ALWAYS WHEN RESTORING APPS NEVER RESTORE SYSTEM APPS IT MIGHT CAUSE FORCE CLOSE OR TOTAL UNRESPONSIVENESS, ONLY RESTORE USER APP.

i am back on melting rock 3....i created a new acess point myself and now its working.......i was inspired to port back cos u r staying in KENYA and d rom was already configured with a default NIGERIAN apn....i just hope i dont experience that blank screen when i lock....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2013
tomzman:

EVERYTHING IS NOW WORKING FINE BRO...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 11:54am On Nov 22, 2013
I present to you guys Melting Rocks v4

Features:

* Improved location/weather accuracy

* Changed time zone to Africa/Lagos

* Improved functionality

* Added some cool apps

PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you just downloaded Melting Rocks v4 by Coolstan Hackwares and you're feeling fly?

Well here are a few things you should know.......

Firstly

I will not be held responsible for any bio hazard, natural disaster, nuclear war, disease outbreak or even in the event World War 3 begins from the use of this ROM.

2ndly

Credits go to Muntazir Abbas for the Awesome Melting Rocks ROM

Dont forget to visit his XDA Melting Rocks thread and press thanks!

Also to Rishabh Raj for his help

and finally....

To me for porting...

Don't just say thanks buy me credit...i use all networks

Ok enough of the long talk

NB:The keyboard might force close on startup but its nothing serious just go to settings>>>>Device>>>>Apps>>>>swipe to All and find "Android Keyboard" and disable it.
Make no changes to Android keyboard (AOSP)!

Reboot and i promise you will be fine henceforth!

Heres how to install:

Copy to SD Card

Boot into recovery
(Cwm)

wipe data

wipe cache

wipe dalvik cache

format system.

select install from internal/external SD card and watch the show!

DOWNLOAD LINK

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
i dont knw why mine keeps showing the blank screen..
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
marcjoe:

i am back on melting rock 3....i created a new acess point myself and now its working.......i was inspired to port back cos u r staying in KENYA and d rom was already configured with a default NIGERIAN apn....i just hope i dont experience that blank screen when i lock....
Didn't know about apn, but I ope everything is fine, I think if u experience blank screen, try using xblast tools and gravity box module's to do the lock screen tweaks.. It might help
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
tomii: i dont knw why mine keeps showing the blank screen..
Blank screen how and when? We try to help you. Mine is working fine
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
koolvin12:
Bro,were u able to solve this problem?? If yes,pls how did u solve it?am having d same problem...my phone sleeps and never wakes up....if a call comes in,the screen will be blank...I won't get to know who's calling me
i havent solved it...its still happening to me..had to revert to backup..
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
D.Mungai:

Blank screen how and when? We try to help you. Mine is working fine
i dont knw why it shows blank screen....if u touch it the fone wld vibrate bt wld nt show anything...it wld only wen u long press the power button to off the fone and if u press back it wld nt show anything again...bt the fone is running..the problem starts from the beginning...wen samsung shows at first, samsung is still meant to be there even wen the samsung tune is soundin bt thats wen the screen starts the blank tin... bfor porting, i cleared and wiper evrrything 3 times. bt still the same thing. note, the fone is still running even tho it is blank.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
tomii: i dont knw why it shows blank screen....if u touch it the fone wld vibrate bt wld nt show anything...it wld only wen u long press the power button to off the fone and if u press back it wld nt show anything again...bt the fone is running..the problem starts from the beginning...wen samsung shows at first, samsung is still meant to be there even wen the samsung tune is soundin bt thats wen the screen starts the blank tin... bfor porting, i cleared and wiper evrrything 3 times. bt still the same thing. note, the fone is still running even tho it is blank.
Please be more clear.. If I get u correctly it blanks when the phone is on and operational? If it's that u can n change that by using Gravity box module by changing lock screen delay time and select no delay time p.. If it's when your booting the phone then the possible thing is the boot.img is corrupted, if you want you can overwrite the boot.img you are using now with the one which you saved while backing up(from the previous ROM). GOOD LUCK BRO

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by hariorh: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
MarcJoe,
I sent u a mail... Do check it wink
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by tomzman: 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
D.Mungai:

Follow the instructions correctly and do as the my comments before this post, when using titanium backup restore only user apps
Is backing up using titanium still necessary after the normal backup you posted earlier? I mean the backup after cwm.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
tomzman:
Is backing up using titanium still necessary after the normal backup you posted earlier? I mean the backup after cwm.
There are two types of backups..
1. Backup of ROM which can only be done when one is in recovery mode, which in this case is in CWM.
2. Backup of applications (downloaded or system app which comes with the ROM) here importantly one saves the applications data let's say you had FIFA14 game backed up after flashing the ROM you restore it, you will go to the same tournament or next game you were to play. So titanium backup is crucial to restoring your phone to its previous state before flashing. NB. Don't restore many systems app restore only user apps I.e those downloaded from play store
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Palimaster: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
tomzman:
I have resent it. Let me know when you see it.
tanks man... U do wel
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by tomzman: 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
D.Mungai:

There are two types of backups..
1. Backup of ROM which can only be done when one is in recovery mode, which in this case is in CWM.
2. Backup of applications (downloaded or system app which comes with the ROM) here importantly one saves the applications data let's say you had FIFA14 game backed up after flashing the ROM you restore it, you will go to the same tournament or next game you were to play. So titanium backup is crucial to restoring your phone to its previous state before flashing. NB. Don't restore many systems app restore only user apps I.e those downloaded from play store
Thanks. So that means I would still need to backup using titanium before porting to melting rocks 3?
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
tomzman:
Thanks. So that means I would still need to backup using titanium before porting to melting rocks 3?
Yes
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by koolvin12(m): 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
D.Mungai:

Please be more clear.. If I get u correctly it blanks when the phone is on and operational? If it's that u can n change that by using Gravity box module by changing lock screen delay time and select no delay time p.. If it's when your booting the phone then the possible thing is the boot.img is corrupted, if you want you can overwrite the boot.img you are using now with the one which you saved while backing up(from the previous ROM). GOOD LUCK BRO
Am having the same problem. Have successfully solved the blank screen issue. The problem am facing now is that my phone sleeps and never wakes up. It happens occasionally. I have checked gravity box but I don' t seem to find screen delay time u talked about.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by koolvin12(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
Am just wondering what I did wrong in here yesterday to deserve a ban
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
Coolstan: I present to you guys Melting Rocks v4

Features:

* Improved functionality

* Added some cool apps

PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you just downloaded Melting Rocks v4 by Coolstan Hackwares and you're feeling fly?

Firstly

I will not be held responsible for any bio hazard, natural disaster, nuclear war, disease outbreak or even in the event World War 3 begins from the use of this ROM.

2ndly

and finally....

To me for porting...

NB:The keyboard might force close on startup but its nothing serious just go to settings>>>>Device>>>>Apps>>>>swipe to All and find "Android Keyboard" and disable it.

Heres how to install:

Copy to SD Card

Boot into recovery
(Cwm)

wipe data

wipe cache

wipe dalvik cache

format system.

DOWNLOAD LINK

coolstan nawa ooh v4..... cheesy....make i go do v5 then...na joke ooh... cool cool cool..nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by DMungai: 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
koolvin12:
Am having the same problem. Have successfully solved the blank screen issue. The problem am facing now is that my phone sleeps and never wakes up. It happens occasionally. I have checked gravity box but I don' t seem to find screen delay time u talked about.
Check gravity box lock screen, then enable menu key to wake up your phone. Reboot the device. Try and see if it helps bro good luck
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by davetwitzy: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
tomii: i dont knw why it shows blank screen....if u touch it the fone wld vibrate bt wld nt show anything...it wld only wen u long press the power button to off the fone and if u press back it wld nt show anything again...bt the fone is running..the problem starts from the beginning...wen samsung shows at first, samsung is still meant to be there even wen the samsung tune is soundin bt thats wen the screen starts the blank tin... bfor porting, i cleared and wiper evrrything 3 times. bt still the same thing. note, the fone is still running even tho it is blank.
make sure your automatic brightness isn't on
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by davetwitzy: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
ATTENTION, NEVER USE AUTO BRIGHTNESS ON MR3
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ohdahphae: 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
do you mean after installation of mr3 we should wipe dalvik again??
seunpayne: For those of you having bugs on mr3.
Normally I just ignore posts about bugs because most people use the word without even knowing what it means.

There are instructions and proper procedures. Follow them.
Do factory reset and wipe cache
Wipe System... Wipe it again
Wipe Dalvik
Install rom
Wipe Dalvik for extra measure
Install your apps the normal way (don't restore) you can save the apk somewhere
Then use titanium backup to restore only data.
All the problems you have is caused by incompatible settings restored on the rom.

Finally, it's really not by force to use a custom rom. But if you choose to then do so and accept that it won't be perfect.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by ohdahphae: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
bro does this rom have samsung boot logo??
Coolstan: I present to you guys Melting Rocks v4

Features:

* Improved functionality

* Added some cool apps

Firstly

2ndly

and finally....

To me for porting...

Heres how to install:

Copy to SD Card

Boot into recovery
(Cwm)

wipe data

wipe cache

wipe dalvik cache

format system.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 9:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
ohdahphae: bro does this rom have samsung boot logo??

Surely...it comes with a samsung boot logo

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (216) (Reply)

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. / 2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.