Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,076 members, 7,863,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread - Phones (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread (422873 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
gideon243: I am instrested
good thing
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 4:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
MTN NETWORK TOO POOR....FIRSTLY, LETS TALK ABOUT HOW TO ROOT OUR ANGELINA JOLIE....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by hustla(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
Coolstan: you sure say no be your sexy apps dey restart your phone?

Maybe ooooo
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
BENEFITS OF ROOTING.. .

Automate Everything

You've probably heard of Tasker or greenify, the awesome app that automates just about anything on your phone. You don't need to root your phone to use it, but if you're rooted, it can do a whole lot more. Certain tasks, like toggling 3G, GPS, changing CPU speed, turning the screen on, and others require root access. So, if you want to get the full benefit of an app like Tasker or du ba3 saver, you'll defintely want to root your phone.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
Boost Your Phone's Speed and Battery Life

You can do a lot of things to speed up your phone and boost its battery life without rooting, but with root—as always—you have even more power. For example, with an app like SetCPU you can overclock your phone for better performance, or underclock it for better battery life. You can also use an app like Greenify to automatically hibernate apps you aren't using—perfect for those apps that always want to run in the background when you're not looking

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
Block Ads in Any App

Look, we of all about advert in some app esp when u r using d ord version of some app like mx player,sybla tv e.t.c ads can get in the way and use up data. If you want to block ads in certain apps or on certain devices, rooting is by far the best way to do so. AFTER ROOTING GET SOME APP LIKE AdFree, AdBlock Plus, and Ad Away to block those advert....YET ANOTHER BENEFIT OF ROOTING....MORE LOADING....

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
Back Up Your Phone for Seamless Transitions

When you move to a new Android device—or restore your device to stock for any reason—you can make your life a lot easier by backing up your apps,contacts, messages, and settings first. That way, you can get your entire setup back in just a few taps. If you aren't rooted, you can back up a few things like apps and data, but you won't necessarily be able to backup system apps and their data, or automate the entire process as well as Titanium Backup can.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
Remove Preinstalled Crapware e.g OOBE, ASSISTANT, WONDERZOO, E.T C

Titanium Backup is good for more than just backups, too. It can also uninstall that annoying, battery-draining, space-wasting crapware that comes preinstalled on so many phones these days—and, sadly, this feature is root-only. Freeze them first to make sure your phone operates normally without them, then delete them completely to free up that space. You'll be glad you did.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
Flash a Custom ROM - THAT IS ACTUALLY WHERE WE ARE HEADING TO... smiley

Okay, so you probably already know about this one—but it's one of the best benefits of rooting. A custom ROM is basically a custom version of Android, and it truly changes how you use your phone. Some merely bring a stock version of Android to non-stock phones, or later versions of Android to phones that don't have it yet. Some add a few handy features, some add lots of really unique features, and some change your operating system from head to toe.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
Truly Own Your Device

In the end, all of this boils down to one thing: you own your device, and you should be able to do with it as you please. Certain manufacturers and carriers try to keep that from happening, but with root access, you truly own your device and open yourself up to all the possibilities other parties try to block. Sure, there's some risk involved, and we don't usually recommend rooting other people's phones, but in the end, you can't put a price on true openness and control.

SO LETS QUICKLY TALK ABOUT HOW TO ROOT TECNO PHANTOM A+....FOR NOW I WOULD TALK ABOUT TWO METHODS ON HOW TO ROOT BUT D 2 METHODS WOULD B BASED ON USING A PC TO DO D ROOTING..

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by gideon243(m): 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ride on
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Abbeyme: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
Guys, I truly need to know if I can use a handsfree Bluetooth device with this phone. I can't seem to be able to connect the device. Place help out here.
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
[b]FIRST METHOD....

Requirement

1. Computer with internet connection
2. [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ttz1bv3hsfslg03/PdaNet%2B%20V4.12.zip?token_hash=AAEljkfDqgXxBo9_TInrslEk18fENwIvRMuzeikHEC8_CA&dl=1]PdaNet+[/url]
3. eroot
4. USB to connect your device to the computer
5. ur brain.. tongue

DOWNLOAD THE PDA.NET AND EROOT ABOVE THEN FOLLOW THIS STEPS...

1. Connect your phone to your PC

2.Enable USB debugging on your Android phone in
Settings > Applications > Development. ( if u cant find usb debugging mode on ur phone goto settings>about phone > then keep on tapping build number like 8 times b4 u can c d option....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1306413_IMG_2013090257721_jpgb303f36b022a1ed608251bc276095e24

3. Install the PDA.net you downloaded earlier on your PC.

4. During the installation you'll be prompted to select your cell phone manufacturer and also connect your device via USB.

5. Click on Ok and allow to install

6. Extract and run the ERoot downloaded. Ignore the Chinese Language displayed.

7. A root button would appear. If it doesn't, close the pda.net running from your system tray.

8. Click on the root button and your phone would be
rooted in 10 seconds.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0Rez7YfTV5M/UeZhpyVxHzI/AAAAAAAAD5o/FyiaoyZwfRs/s280/rooting+4.jpg[/img]

9. Disconnect your phone from your pc or laptop.Goto your menu and you will find superuser installed.

10. Reboot your Tecno Phantom A+ or F7,Congratulations your phone is now rooted

[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by gideon243(m): 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
Tanks man...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Silas0(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
marcjoe: [b]FIRST METHOD....

Requirement

1. Computer with internet connection
2. [url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ttz1bv3hsfslg03/PdaNet%2B%20V4.12.zip?token_hash=AAEljkfDqgXxBo9_TInrslEk18fENwIvRMuzeikHEC8_CA&dl=1]PdaNet+[/url]
3. eroot
4. USB to connect your device to the computer
5. ur brain.. tongue

DOWNLOAD THE PDA.NET AND EROOT ABOVE THEN FOLLOW THIS STEPS...

1. Connect your phone to your PC

2.Enable USB debugging on your Android phone in
Settings > Applications > Development. ( if u cant find usb debugging mode on ur phone goto settings>about phone > then keep on tapping build number like 8 times b4 u can c d option....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1306413_IMG_2013090257721_jpgb303f36b022a1ed608251bc276095e24

3. Install the PDA.net you downloaded earlier on your PC.

4. During the installation you'll be prompted to select your cell phone manufacturer and also connect your device via USB.

5. Click on Ok and allow to install

6. Extract and run the ERoot downloaded. Ignore the Chinese Language displayed.

7. A root button would appear. If it doesn't, close the pda.net running from your system tray.

8. Click on the root button and your phone would be
rooted in 10 seconds.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0Rez7YfTV5M/UeZhpyVxHzI/AAAAAAAAD5o/FyiaoyZwfRs/s280/rooting+4.jpg[/img]

9. Disconnect your phone from your pc or laptop.Goto your menu and you will find superuser installed.

10. Reboot your Tecno Phantom A+ or F7,Congratulations your phone is now rooted

[/b]
I got so much respect for u bro cos of ur dexterity in dishin out wonderful tips unconditiønally just 4 sack of makin our phantom enjoyable@ Marcjoe...without u and coolstan this thread won't be complete.Respect large to the gurus.where do u reside bro? @marcjoe

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Silas0: I got so much respect fosru bro cos of ur dexterity in dishin out wonderful tips unconditiønally just 4 sack of makin our phantom enjoyable@ Marcjoe...without u and coolstan this thread won't be complete.Respect large to the gurus.where do u reside bro? @marcjoe

i reside around agege environs in LAGOS.....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
SECOND METHOD OF ROOTING DIS PHONE ON D WAY....MTN NETWORK BAD DIS NIGHT SHA...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
SECOND METHOD

DOWNLOAD SEUN PAYNE ROOTKIT FROM THIS LINK

THEN FOLLOW D BELOW STEPS...

1. plug your phone to a windows pc via USB and let the drivers install
2. go back to settings --> developer options,make sure the usb debugging box is ticked.
3. after downloading extract the files in a folder on ur PC
4. right click on the run.bat file and run as administrator and follow the on screen instructions. once done your phone would restart and you would be rooted. congrats once again.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2013
SECONDLY, I WOULD TALK ABOUT BACKING UP UR ROM INCASE U DONT LIKE D NEW ROM WHICH I KNOW U WOULD LIKE AND HOW TO RESTORE IT BACK INCASE OF......

B4 I GO INTO BACKING UP OF STOCK ROM I WOULD LIKE US ALL THAT WANNA PORT TO DOWNLOAD TITANUM BACKUP (PRO) SO THAT WE CAN DO A THOROUGH BACKUP OF ALL OUR APP B4 PORTING TO THIS NEW ROM ...

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by IdeeEsperanza(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
Nice work marcjoe. I'm taking note of all those because I'm likely to get my Angelina Jolie anytime soon.
Amenam tutu (you don do well) smiley
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
LEMME STOP AT DIS POINT...to b CONTINUE 2MORO.....NETWORK Zap D HELL OUTA ME TODAY..

PLS LETS FEEL FREE TO DROP ANY QUESTION AND ADD ON TO MY TUTORIAL...FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION B4 I CONTINUE TOMORROW IF U R STILL NEW AROUND ANDRIOD....

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by hustla(m): 12:31am On Sep 15, 2013
Is the titanium backup on googleplay?
Considering a switch to this custom ROM.. My phone is rooted..
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 6:41am On Sep 15, 2013
hustla: Is the titanium backup on googleplay?
Co[quoteing a switch to this custom ROM.. My phone is rooted..

yeah....it's on google play ...but they sell d pro version.. .would upload my pro version for u guys today...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2013
OOOK...IT'S TIME TO FINISH D TUTORIAL...
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2013
[b]INTRODUCING TITANUM BACKUP(PRO)

titanium Backup is the most powerful backup tool on Android.
You can backup, restore, freeze (with Pro) your apps + data + Market links. This includes all protected apps & system apps, plus external data on your SD card. You can do 0-click batch & scheduled backups.

Backups will operate without closing any apps (with Pro). You can move any app (or app data) to/from the SD card. You can browse any app's data and even query the Market to see detailed information about the app.

PRO FEATURES ADDED:
Multiple backups per app
0-click batch restore
Multi-user support for some apps! (eg: games)
Batch verification
Backup apps without closing them!
Restore individual apps+data from CWM backups!
Restore individual apps+data from TWRP backups!
Hypershell speed
Migrate system data across different ROMs
Market Doctor (relink apps to Market)
"Destroy all Market links" feature
Apps freezer (incl. batch support)
Market "auto updating" manager
Convert user apps <=> system apps

Encryption
Unlimited schedules
Sync to/from Dropbox (manual/scheduled)
Sync to/from Box (manual/scheduled)
Sync to/from Google Drive (manual/scheduled)
Load/Save a Filter and use it in Widgets/Schedules
Protect backup against deletion
Send backup by e-mail
Backup→Verify→Un-install an app in one shot
Freeze/defrost/launch apps in a single click
CSV export any app DB (e-mail or Google Docs)
Brand the app with your name
Bloatware Melter (experimental)
Convert app data to/from faster WAL DB format
MORE MEMORY:
Dalvik cache cleaner
Integrate system app updates into ROM
Move apps into ROM
Integrate Dalvik cache system elements into ROM
Can specify power conditions on scheduled jobs.
Added initial support for Android 4.3.
Added data exclusion for Media Storage (ie: gallery cache) (enabled by default).
Fixed "convert to system app" issue on Android 4.2+ (some converted apps failed to work).
Fixed issue with XML call log restore: the names weren't getting restored on some platforms (eg: HTC One).
Fixed Android 1. support (was broken in TB 6.0.5.1).

[url=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xowguf9n7otd0tg/TitaniumBackup%20pro_6.1.0.apk?token_hash=AAEWpjYC_Iogl7687VtQaXPD6r4HmDwldm6qhSkJT7z07g&dl=1][size=18pt]CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TITANUM BACKUP PRO[/size][/url][/b]

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2013
i wish to thank members of the tecno discussion group for their wonderful reviews and hints about the phone. i was the only complaining about the battery draining fast after charging. at one point,i almost went back to CV to lodge a serious complaints about defective phone accessories being sold.
a member of this group actually advised me on switching off GPS, which i never knew was on the first place.the difference was so clear. now my phone can last a day and a half before it drains completely.

this is a must follow to anyone with a tecno phantom A+ or wishes to be a tecno owner. TECNO RULES!

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2013
adeniyisavage: i wish to thank members of the tecno discussion group for their wonderful reviews and hints about the phone. i was the one complaining about the battery draining fast after charging. at one point,i almost went back to CV to lodge a serious complaints about defective phone accessories being sold.
a member of this group actually advised me on switching off GPS, which i never knew was on the first place.the difference was so clear. now my phone can last a day and a half before it drains completely.

this is a must follow to anyone with a tecno phantom A+ or wishes to be a tecno owner. TECNO RULES!
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 10:41am On Sep 15, 2013
[b]BACKING UP

Lets assume that you have installed Titanium Back up (PRO) and that you now need to make your first system and user apps back up. Then open the app and then press the icon at the top right of screen which looks like a page with a tick mark on it,

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1307204_IMG_2013091517875_jpg4268bc76e5e5f84f6a442724430d50a1

then choose "Backup all user app + system data" from the list and hit the "RUN" button to the left of it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1307203_IMG_2013091532191_jpgc1b55519be4ef824a1bacd827df6ff60

for backing up you are now done. (Note that if you are a frequent ROM flasher then you might only want to ever back up the USER APPS and data as restoring System apps across ROM is the main culprit of errors from using TItanium Backup. If you decide only to make user app back up then follow this by selecting the "Backup all system data" and on the next screen select the "Deselect all" button, next go through the list of system apps and select only the green coloured items.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 10:51am On Sep 15, 2013
[quote author=adeniyisavage][/quote]

i am happy for u bro....
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 10:53am On Sep 15, 2013
adeniyisavage: i wish to thank members of the tecno discussion group for their wonderful reviews and hints about the phone. i was the only complaining about the battery draining fast after charging. at one point,i almost went back to CV to lodge a serious complaints about defective phone accessories being sold.

i am happy for you bro
Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 11:43am On Sep 15, 2013
[b]RESTORING after ROM change

After you have done a full wipe and then installed a new ROM you now want to RESTORE your applications and all of their user data, things like settings and user informatio Titanium back up is an excellent tool for this but you MUST be careful not to restore any SYSTEM apps or data otherwise you can run in to trouble and it will cause many "FC's". According the the Official TB user guide: Again, if you’re restoring them from a different phone/ROM, enable the “System data migration” option (found under Menu/Preferences and half way down the screen list to the "Restoration Settings" section).
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1307258_IMG_2013091552649_jpgd256aa3af1c5a2e5ca23bd76a2526d7f
Then open the app and then press the icon at the top right of screen which looks like a page with a tick mark on it, then select BATCH and then scroll down to the RESTORE section and select "Restore missing apps with data". by default the "App+Data" will be checked that leave this option as is for this BATCH task.

Or you can review the list and manually Deselect one by one any apps that you did not want to restore on this occasion.

Or if you only want to restore a few of the apps then "Deselect All" and then manually add each app that you want to restore when you have completed your selections then hit the "Run the batch operation" button at the top.

U CAN ALSO RESTORE ANY APP FROM UR FORMER ROM BACKUP BY EXTRACTING FROM NANDRIOD BACKUP BY PRESSING THE OPTION BUTTON THEN SELECT ANYONE U WOULD LIKE TO RESTORE

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1307256_IMG_2013091513191_jpg386a1f60a33e3b451de9263214145821

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1307257_IMG_20130915718_jpga0ccac4fd2b9b55c1ac469457922e074

[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom A+ Discussion Thread by olu4life(m): 11:49am On Sep 15, 2013
hey guys, I'm so enjoying airtel bis without tampering with any settings. So cool. And guys u all have listed the advantages of rooting, why not also tell us its disadvantages? Thanks
I'm also having battery palava. though it has improved abit afta constant charging

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (216) (Reply)

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. / 2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.