Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,716 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. (20206 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Games Village Nnewi Ongoing Construction Work (Photos) / APC Campaign Rally In Borno - Photo Of Massive Crowd / Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Sundahjoe(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
I decided to use the word *massive* because it is a very common word used by the government to describe level of work embark on.
Below is the stage of the undergoing construction of Itoku flyover by the ogun state government. Im personally happy that south-west is moving, this is one of many flyovers (both completed and ongoing) constructed in different parts of the state. Kudos to Gov. Amosun. Up ACN.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by tyoseni(m): 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
Wey the pictures
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Gbawe: 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2013
OP, why not simple cut/copy and paste the link to the pictures if you are unable to present the picture directly?
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Gbawe: 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
@OP.
I don't know if these are the same image but below are the links to the latest updates of some key projects. I join you to say Kudos to Amosun also. You use the word "massive" appropriately. It is now beyond doubt Amosun is clearly a performing Governor. If this pace is maintained, Ogun will be a vastly improved and pacesetting State under his leadership.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogun_state/9172907502/lightbox/
29 06 2013 Update on the ongoing construction of the Brewery - Lafenwa - Agoba - Itoku - Sapon (10 lanes)- Iyana motuary - Ajebo 6 lane road with the construction of 6 lane flyover bridges at Itoku and Sapon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogun_state/9172907766/in/photostream/
29 06 2013 Update on the ongoing construction of the Ojere -Onikolobo - Panseke - Omida - Sapon - Adatan 6 lane road.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogun_state/9172907962/in/photostream/
26 06 2013 Update on the ongoing construction of the two flyover bridges in Ijebu Ode.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogun_state/9170686635/in/photostream/
26 06 2013 Update on the ongoing construction of the Ilo Awela - Oju ore road in Ota.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogun_state/9170686871/in/photostream/
26 06 2013 Update on the ongoing construction of the 107km Ilara - Ijoun - Eggua - Oja odan - Ilase road.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogun_state/9170686871/in/photostream/
26 06 2013 Update on the ongoing construction of the 107km Ilara - Ijoun - Eggua - Oja odan - Ilase road.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ogun_state/9172908766/in/photostream/
26 06 2013 Update on the ongoing construction of the Sagamu Express - Oba Erinwole junction in Sagamu with a flyover. God bless.
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Gbawe: 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
@OP.

Do you know Amosun has signed an MOU with the China Civil Engineering Construction Company for the construction of a light rail network to link major destinations? I have to say Amosun's approach is visionary because it will holistically develop the State and, most importantly, her people.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/128930-amosun-signs-mou-with-chinese-company-on-ogun-rail-project.html

Amosun signs MOU with Chinese company on Ogun rail project
Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji
Published:April 10,2013

Ogun state governor, Ibikunle Amosun

The governor says the rail project will boost the economy of the state.
The Ogun State Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, with the China Civil Engineering Construction Company on a light rail mass transit.

The project is expected to link the major cities across the state and boost the state’s economy.
The Governor, Ibikunle Amosun, while going into agreement with the company in his office in Abeokuta, said that the project will be done in order to boost the economy of the state and raise the standard of living of its people.

“We have been doing our best on roads but it is high time we paid attention to rail as well. We are starting the mass transit within Abeokuta metropolis. This will be extended to all our major towns including the Ado-Odo/Ota axis up to the areas bordering Lagos,” he said.
The governors said that it is imperative to boost transportation in the state in anticipation of a significant rise in population in the coming years.

In his remarks, the Managing Director of China Civil Engineering Construction Company, Cao Bao Gang, lauded the Ibikunle Amosun-led administration. Mr. Gnag said that “the project on completion will enhance the transportation system and contribute to the economic development of the Gateway State.’’
He assured the governor that quality would be the firm’s watchword in the implementation of the contract.

“The project will provide jobs for residents and help the unskilled ones to gain adequate knowledge through training and involvement in the whole process,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by delpee(f): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2013
Amazed by the new ilo awela-oju ore rd! Such a stressful road to pass through few years ago.
Up Amosun!
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Gbawe: 7:56am On Jul 31, 2013
delpee: Amazed by the new ilo awela-oju ore rd! Such a stressful road to pass through few years ago.
Up Amosun!

What I like about Amosun as well is how he is working to a high standard to deliver quality infrastructure that will last.
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Sundahjoe(m): 8:48am On Jul 31, 2013
sorry, this is the picture

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2013
Good work mr Governor!

You know when God wants to help somebody, he does it in an inexplicable way(s).

Once he Obasanjo and Gbenga Daniels who were supposed to join hands and fight Amosun turned against themselves at the dying minutes.

The man has got plans and I say kudos...!!!
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Good work mr Governor!

You know when God wants to help somebody, he does it in an inexplicable way(s).

Once he made Obasanjo and Gbenga Daniels who were supposed to join hands and fight Amosun turned against themselves at the dying minutes.

The man has got plans and I say kudos...!!!
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Sundahjoe(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2013
a picture that i snap recently to show level of work.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Maxymilliano(m): 9:18am On Jul 31, 2013
Sundahjoe: I decided to use the word *massive* because it is a very common word used by the government to describe level of work embark on.

Massive is the right word to use, he is delivering 7 flyover bridges by December; Mobalufon fly over and Lagos Garage flyover along Ejirin-Oluwalogbon junction, Ijebu Ode, two bridges along Illisan- Ago Iwoye road, the fly over bridge at Sabo Sagamu and two briges at Itoku and Sapon along OGTV-Brewery road in Abeokuta.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Gbawe: 9:22am On Jul 31, 2013
Sundahjoe: a picture that i snap recently to show level of work.

Nice work OP. Post more pictures when you get them. Good, as feedback, to see the massive scale of the construction and projects being undertaken currently.
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Massive is the right word to use, he is delivering 7 flyover bridges by December; Mobalufon fly over and Lagos Garage flyover along Ejirin-Oluwalogbon junction, Ijebu Ode, two bridges along Illisan- Ago Iwoye road, the fly over bridge at Sabo Sagamu and two briges at Itoku and Sapon along OGTV-Brewery road in Abeokuta.
You very unbiased and objective.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Gbawe: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2013
http://ogunstate.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=551:on-going-roads-ll-be-completed-as-scheduled-ogun-govt&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=67

On-Going Roads ‘ll Be Completed As Scheduled- Ogun Govt

Towards ensuring that all roads being constructed by Ogun State Government are delivered as scheduled, contractors handling the projects have started asphalting sections of the roads. The Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Arc. Olamilekan Adegbite who made this known in Abeokuta during inspection tour to the sites said asphalting of the sections of roads were done after completion of all necessary concrete and earth works on the roads.
Some of the roads on which the sectional asphalting had been done include, MKO Abiola way, the Ilara axis of the 107km Ilara-Ijoun-Eggua road, Sagamu Express way - Sabo road, Ilo-Awela road in Ota and Onikolobo axis of Ojere-Adatan road. According to the Commissioner, “the contractors are aware of the state government’s stand on when the roads are to be delivered and they are working towards achieving this”.Arc. Adegbite expressed satisfaction that the raining season had not slowed down the pace of work and progress recorded on all the roads are tremendous.

The commissioner also disclosed that government has started construction of 7 fly over bridges across the state, all of which are expected to be delivered before the end of the year.The bridges according to him are Mobalufon fly over and Lagos Garage flyover along Ejirin-Oluwalogbon junction, Ijebu Ode, two bridges along Illisan- Ago Iwoye road, the fly over bridge at Sabo Sagamu and two briges at Itoku and Sapon along OGTV-Brewery road in Abeokuta.
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by boron10(m): 9:29am On Jul 31, 2013
SMH
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by mandarin: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2013
Economic empowerment is essential for this region now and there is the need to pursue it rigorously
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
Amosun is doing his best, Good job.
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Sundahjoe(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
boron10: SMH
why, are you against development or what exactly are u shaking your head for
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Gbawe: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2013
mandarin: Economic empowerment is essential for this region now and there is the need to pursue it rigorously

Indeed and you raise a very important point. I was privileged to have directly witnessed the beginning of the 'renaissance years' for Ghana starting largely under President Kufour after Rawling had initiated the 'cull' of mediocrity similar to what Tinubu achieved ousting the PDP. The SW is going through precisely same. Like Ghana, and after a long period of stagnation under undeserving and 'accidental' leaders, the SW has gotten rid of mediocrity to embrace a modus operandi that only allows proven achievers, with a record of leadership efficacy, to lead. This, simplistically, will deliver progress and guarantee continued consolidation upon any progress made.

We tend to be a people consumed with negativity and pessimism but I can say that I have not noted , over a ten year period for Ghana, i.e 2000 to 2010, the sort of infrastructural aggression and urgency seen in the SW today in a few years under Amosun, Aregbesola et al.

My point? Ghana gained a lot of international goodwill 'mileage', FDI (foreign direct investment) and direct global technocratic/financial support working at a pace not at all close to what we are seeing now throughout the SW. For me, it is de ja vu because what Ghana had in common with the SW was a palpable dedication of leadership to do what is best for the people - even with socio-economic limitations - that the world keyed into. Anyone would want to help out such leaders/nations/States/regions et al. The World appreciated and was keen to support driven and dedicated 'stars' in a continent where leadership is still mainly corrupt, indolent and almost entirely self-serving.

For analytical observers, what we are seeing now is the precursor to the socio-economic "empowerment" and development you are talking of. Such is 100% guaranteed to happen given these efforts. Beyond all the petty arguments here daily, exposed folks know that, in real terms and compared to real examples, what is happening throughout the SW is laudable as an assured, deliberate and well-planned template of development.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by dridowu: 10:24am On Jul 31, 2013
Positive news from my state.............................good**************winks********
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by bloggernaija: 10:27am On Jul 31, 2013
Nice to see ogun state finally waking up from her slumber.
Hopefully,the state would not have to carry the weight of the country like Lagos is currently doing.
I know ajimobi is trying his best but I think he has more to do .
Oyo state need to do more to attract investment from the southwest .for instance ,they can create a new well planned city .a lot of people in the diaspora have money burning in their pocket and are looking for a more laid back area to build and invest .
Creating such a city and making land available for cheap would encourage massive investment in the property market.
Will ondo and ekiti pls stand up.
Ondo state needs to start diverting her resources to agriculture.
Cocoa,oil palm,coconut and rice are examples of crops which can make the state very rich and be independent of the derivation money.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by OLOYEDEOREOLUWA(f): 10:27am On Jul 31, 2013
I live in ogun state and since I'm still yet to see what he is doing in my area, I cant congratulate him yet. Can someone pls remind Amosun dat abeokuta is not where ogun state ends

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by mesther96(f): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2013
my govnor is truly on point
ewesoooo
omo alare
cheesy!
but my govnor is yet 2 luk in2 education,d state uni fee is way 2 much 4 an average nigeriansad

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2013
ogun state where I come from we spend money we nor be aka gum!!!
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by realone2012: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2013
Nice One.....Haterz gon Hate noni! SW is moving forward day in day out.

Its only FG projects that's giving us 'Headache' now...just come and check the Badagry Express way (a federal road under construction since 2007), and I bet you won't regret how 'Bad' the road is.
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2013
wow, SW governors are on fire!!!!

I don't know much about Fayemi though, i hope he's working hard as well......, but 7 flyover bridges all within 2 years? shocked shocked shocked we should hang all the former governors of south west region. angry

i hope to see Abeokuta soon again.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by anonimi: 10:45am On Jul 31, 2013
m.esther96:
my govnor is truly on point
ewesoooo
omo alare
cheesy!
but my govnor is yet 2 luk in2 education,d state uni fee is way 2 much 4 an average nigeriansad

It would appear that the ACN governors and other party stalwarts do not realise that EDUCATION is the foundation for any society to develop upon.
Something that Chief Obafemi Awolowo clearly realised and worked on during his six years (1954-1960) as Premier of the Western region. He had free and COMPULSORY education for ALL children in primary school. He did this with cocoa money without the Niger Delta oil revenue from monthly federal allocation!

The UPN governors took it a step further by extending the free education PLUS textbooks to secondary level and established state universities such as LASU, Ambrose Ali university, Olabisi Onabanjo university. They did all this when crude oil was at about $30 compared to around $100 these days!
However our new-age pseudo-progressive have decided to REVERSE this education progress and focus on physical infrasturcture.

They are forgetting the yoruba saying that:

Omo ti a ko ko ni o ma gbe ile ti ako ta - the untrained (unbuilt) child will sell our buildings.

How many Nigerian are going to Ghana to look at their infrastructures compared to those going to learn in their schools where they have well paid and highly motivated lecturers
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Tej45(m): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2013
Pleasee let our govenor extend works to ota , There's this mini bridge dat has broken @ Odo-pako , and the roads around there are bad ,and also PHCN no dey try at all. *sigh*

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by bumps(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2013
@gbawe your interest in acn is what i cant figure out.i doubt if your comment and contribution in the politic section of this forum is all personal or for development of this country.just take a trip to akute,ishashi,denro or may be ifo local govt of ogun state.amosun hasnt started any work
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Chillypelly(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2013
When the word massive is used i'm convinced that the word is not abused considering the volume of work the governor is billed to deliver within the life of his administration. I am particularly impressed with the prudent use of funds as demostrated by Amosun. I will urge governors like Rochas and Uduaghan that literally sleep in private jets to borrow alift from this son of the light in the deployment of state fund to the promotion of good governance.
Re: Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. by Opey4luv(m): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2013
SouthWest Governors are really on fire.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Listed As A Famous Dictator On Same Site That Listed Him As Alumni / Babajide Sanwo-olu Congratulates Dapo Abiodun On His Victory (PHOTO) / Soyinka, Falana, Others Lay Wreath On Abiola’s Grave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.