Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Life- A Structuring Tool In God's Hands - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life- A Structuring Tool In God's Hands (426 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Life- A Structuring Tool In God's Hands Pt1 / Are We Really Free-morals Beings Or Actually Puppets In God’s Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Life- A Structuring Tool In God's Hands by Docii001(m): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
Final thought;
Life gives you what you put in most times and it is also very unfair some times. There are some who are destined to labor while some are destined to reap. Some of us are destined to labor so our children would have sweet lives.
David labored and fought while Solomon inherited the peace. At the end of the day David still had a more accomplished life. Its not about enjoyment or fun,it is about what you leave behind regardless of what you are given at birth or provided to hustle with. The word enjoyment to me is a deceiving word rooted in selfishness and has become one of the biggest problems in the world and most especially Africa. A continent where one man continues to acquire wealth for his own enjoyment at the detriment of his neighbor and people. Where an individual siphons the pension funds of the old and uses it to purchase shoes,cars and properties at the detriment of many men,women and children.
My mum approached me recently and asked me; You are praying asking God for money,disturbing Him to bless you....if he blesses you, what will you do with the money?
I thought for a minute and said I will reinvest the money and keep building my business. I felt I answered smartly because at least I did not say I would spend it on cars and comfort. Then she replied and said when God blesses a person,he does it so that you can use the money to impact on people's lives and help others not just so you can keep the money to yourself. This really is the way to live and guide your footsteps; by living for one another and not just yourself. Recently I realized I have come under enormous pressure which was self inflicted and I did not know why until some days ago. The pressure had built over a period and it was because most of my focus has been on me and what I do not have,what I want to have,where I should be now and not taking a second to look around me and see who I can help.
The truth is when you spend so much time looking at your problems,gradually you will isolate yourself from reality and begin to think life is unfair to only you. You will be blind to the problems of your friends,brother,neighbor,family and you won't be able to see that there are many people who have been where you are,many who are going through your same difficulty and many people who wish to be in your shoes(which you so much despise). Alas, you will only see those that appear better than you.
My advise if your in this phase is to look around till you find someone you can help;if its 100naira you can afford to give the person a week,do it....and if its food,do it....and if it is support,do it(don't be self centered).
This will help bring balance to your life and make you feel good about yourself(improve your confidence and believe in yourself). Ecc9:11
At the end of the day its important not to run faster than God. You can hustle but never jump where the eyes of God would not follow you. David played his hustle when he came out to challenge Goliath(God did not ask him to),and so did Joseph when he asked the chief butler to remember him after interpreting his dream(Gen40:14).
Follow your hustle but fear God in everything and never seek the easy way out/shortcut.
The book of Proverbs,chapters 14 & 16 are great passages to read and helpful in learning how to work through the hassles of life. The whole Proverbs is helpful,as a matter of fact.....I pray God helps us all achieve our destinies!
Re: Life- A Structuring Tool In God's Hands by UyiIredia(m): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Proverbs 14 is my favourite. I've read that chapter more than any other in the Bible.
Re: Life- A Structuring Tool In God's Hands by Docii001(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Proverbs 14 is my favourite. I've read that chapter more than any other in the Bible.

Really great passage!

(1) (Reply)

No Body Can Be Sure Of Where He Will Spend Eternity / A Hand Bag Thief Being Buried Alive / The Process Of Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.