Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan (19773 Views)

Nigerians Demands President Jonathan PH’D Thesis / FG Finally Agrees To Meet ASUU Demands!!! / ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Brimmie(m): 7:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
Implement ASUU’s Demands – Jonathan.

President Goodluck Jonathan has directed the Federal Ministry of Education to commence full implementation of the demands made by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in order to resolve the indefinite strike embarked upon by the union.

Jonathan gave the directive while on a state visit to Nasarawa State, to commission the ultra-modern TA’AL Model Primary School, constructed by the Governor Tanko Al-Makura administration to provide qualitative, competitive and free education for the less privileged.

Represented by Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo, the president, who was not categorical with figures, said billions of naira have been approved and Education Minister, Ruquayyatu Rufai, has been directed to commence implementation as soon as possible.

The president also disclosed that Nigeria has the highest number of out-of-school children in Africa, with a staggering 9.5 million children without access to basic education. While pledging the continued support of the Federal Government to Nasarawa State through the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), Jonathan also promised to provide free textbooks and science laboratory equipment to TA’AL model school and no fewer than 30 others, which are to be constructed in all the local government areas of the state.

Governor Al-Makura, however, observed with delight that, “This is the first time in many years that the president of our great nation would commission any project in the state.”

Al-Makura lamented that “despite the fundamental importance of education to the development of our society and its influence on our way of life, we lost our bearing on education a long time ago," adding that “there is no doubt that over the years, we have allowed mediocrity to invade the quality of our public schools.

“It is in this direction that we, as a government, in our quest to enhance social justice, have established this model school, not only for the elite but for all citizens of the state, including the rural population.”

Source: Daily Newswatch.

3 Likes

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by donem: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
Good for them.
(F.T.C )
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Deprofessional(m): 8:54am On Jul 31, 2013
GEJ the best president Nigeria has ever had.

Kudos my president.

10 Likes

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Walexz02(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2013
Isok.
Abeg minister of Education should do as ordered by the oga @ the top...
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Enedane(f): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2013
Good, tnks GEJ. Oya minister of edu. Pls dnt waste any more time

1 Like

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by yinchar(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2013
To commence implementation?...The question to ask the el-retardino was that....when did he gave the directive?, because as of today nothing concrete had been heard, and thousands of students were still sleeping at home.

2 Likes

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by olaezebala: 10:00am On Jul 31, 2013
Ok
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by jericco1(m): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Thank God ooo Good for democracy... #TeamJOnathan
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by searay(m): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Na me be this?

Thank God, ASSU
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Numerouuuno: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Great,with the full implementation,ASUU strike will be N̶̲̥̅̊☺ more,kudos to GEJ for doing the right thing and not pushing this burden to the next administration,that's what we need,TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORN!
Nigeria now has one-less problem to deal with.

1 Like

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by RINE1: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Trust me...No comments# winks#
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by aromikes(m): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President
Jonathan
by Deprofessional: 8:54am
GEJ the best president Nigeria has ever had.
Kudos my president.

He be like say bomb d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ur head. If Ʊ don't know ur right, Ʊ beta ask.
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by GenWOJUOLA(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
Abeg make dem do quick, ah don taya 4 haus
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by kutchs: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
Long overdue, kudos to my presido all the same.
Guess which union is next?
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by neksummi(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
Good news.
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by emmabowin(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
this is a step in the right direction
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Appliedmaths(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
Orders are cheap, we need results.

3 Likes

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Tos87(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2013
Na today?

1 Like

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by olas24u(f): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2013
Deprofessional: GEJ the best president Nigeria has ever had.

Kudos my president.

Are you sure of this statement or you are carried away
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by ucboy19(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2013
Am so happy, skul tins on my mind
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2013
Click like if this singular move of his tripped you... And gladens ur mind.

4 Likes

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Greatpooss(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2013
I don't really understand the FG because ASUU are saying that no agreement has been reached to call off the strike.
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by HoldenCaulfield(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2013
Thanks alot ASUU For letting us come back home and do our Ramadhan fasting, but resume back immidietly after sallah fa.

5 Likes

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by mykel152209(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2013
Wat! So I can EVER make 1st page #dancing azonto#
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Mikel3oputa: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2013
Am now dancing azonto right here in optuta village
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by nerodenero: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2013
When will our educational sector be free from strikes?Anyway,it is still a step in the right direction.
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2013
super story na mouth you want take direct am?? tell us it has been implemented/resolved then we'll clap for you
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by pboiskinpy(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2013
ok oooo....but I for like make them complete am that 200days na...I wan enter Malay.....#jux passing
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by duality(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2013
Mtcheew... How many lecturers voted on election day..

The ones I know were reading at home during election so why are they making noise?
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by aromikes(m): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2013
Deprofessional: GEJ the best president Nigeria has ever had.

Kudos my president.
he be like say bomb d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ ur head. If Ʊ don't know ur rights, Ʊ better ask

2 Likes

Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by ELgordo(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2013
DAmN# that's some good news . . . # sippin' my ori malu not givin' a Fu@k!
Re: Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan by Ukpahj: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2013
ok,minister don't waste time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PENGASSAN Insists On Nationwide Strike Monday / Boko-Haram Threatens To Kill Lt.Col Musa JTF Spokesman / Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.