Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,236 members, 7,953,889 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC (15167 Views)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / Pictures Of Children With PVC In The North Registered By INEC / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by wola44: 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
APC now registered by INEC today 31st July 2013

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has approved the application by three political parties – the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) – to merge into one, to be known as the All Progressives Congress.

On considering the application, the Commission found that the applicant-parties have met all statutory requirements for the merger, and has accordingly granted their request.

Consequently, the Commission has approved the withdrawal of the individual certificates of the applicant-parties, and the issuance of a single certificate to the All Progressives Congress.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1226963_Press_Statement_1_jpg87df074d687b178371441542f5b0d4f0[/img]

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/press-release-inec-registers-all-progressives-congress-apc

15 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by wola44: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
YES up APC

4 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by echibuzor: 12:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
APC fate to be decided on Thursday 01 August 2013..
Source - Google

2 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Idokojimmy: 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
False. To be or not to be on Thursday
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by peckhamboi: 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2013

7 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Tolexander: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
Better!

I don't want any change from APC but a competition that will lead to changes.

2 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by bashydemy(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
Good no more ACN,CPC,ANPP,DPP and the rest...fresh air
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Clerverly: 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
End of impunity! Lovers of democracy let the work start.

10 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by kkkp: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by sunstyle(m): 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
wola44: APC now registered by INEC today 31st July 2013

Source - Rhythm 93.7
i saw it on NTA nw. A new party APC known as All progressive Congress. I hope if they come 2 power they r going 2 start with new things in terms of infrastructures such as healthcare facility,quality education,good roads,water,employment 4 the youth and run all d political offices in Nigeria in a transparent manner and accountability. Na me go first vote 4 APC cos i want development in my country Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
Idokojimmy: False. To be or not to be on Thursday

you are still sleeping...

2 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Burger01(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
No shaking. PDP dey Kampe... PDP remains unshaken.

cool

12 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by mesther96(f): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
n d struggle continues.....
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Tinubu's APC don enter one-chance be dat. The name APC is still under litigation. What if Tinubu's APC loses the court case at the 11th hour? Wouldn't it have been safer and wiser to pick a new and risk-free name?

Anyway, I wish them luck. At least, they'll add more competitiveness to the political process. But Tinubu's APC chance in the 2015 presidential election is ZERO

14 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by jibsai(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tinubu's APC don enter one-chance be dat. The name APC is still under litigation. What if Tinubu's APC loses the court case at the 11th hour? Wouldn't it have been safer and wiser to pick a new and risk-free name?

Anyway, I wish them luck. At least, they'll add more competitiveness to the political process. But Tinubu's APC chance in the 2015 presidential election is ZERO

E be like say u wanna suuck tinubu's diccK...
APC welcome o//am watching*
Sincere 9gerian: Meanwhile, now that the decision of INEC favoured Tinubu's APC, Tinubu's internet warriors are elated. The rival APC have not propounded conspiracy theories, no mentioning of GEJ or PEJ, no media noise, no threat to tear down the country, no rain of curses on Jega,etc. The rival APC has simply gone to court.

Hopefully, the day the court or INEC decision will go against Tinubu's APC, Tinubu's e-warriors will accept their fate and seek judicial redress, rather than bore us with silly conspiracy theories and bringing in the names of the president or first lady into the matter
Sincere 9gerian: Meanwhile, now that the decision of INEC favoured Tinubu's APC, Tinubu's internet warriors are elated. The rival APC have not propounded conspiracy theories, no mentioning of GEJ or PEJ, no media noise, no threat to tear down the country, no rain of curses on Jega,etc. The rival APC has simply gone to court.

Hopefully, the day the court or INEC decision will go against Tinubu's APC, Tinubu's e-warriors will accept their fate and seek judicial redress, rather than bore us with silly conspiracy theories and bringing in the names of the president or first lady into the matter

Ur really obsessed with the jagaban...once u give him bloW*joB! in 2015 u go rest

23 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Olaolufred(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tinubu's APC don enter one-chance be dat. The name APC is still under litigation. What if Tinubu's APC loses the court case at the 11th hour? Wouldn't it have been safer and wiser to pick a new and risk-free name?

JUST WAIT AND SEE.

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
Meanwhile, now that the decision of INEC favoured Tinubu's APC, Tinubu's internet warriors are elated. The rival APC have not propounded conspiracy theories, no mentioning of GEJ or PEJ, no media noise, no threat to tear down the country, no rain of curses on Jega,etc. The rival APC has simply gone to court.

Hopefully, the day the court or INEC decision will go against Tinubu's APC, Tinubu's e-warriors will accept their fate and seek judicial redress, rather than bore us with silly conspiracy theories and blame games: blaming president Jonathan, Patience Jonathan or Obama.

14 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by kaze4blues(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
APC..........

For a better nigeria

11 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by blacksta(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2013

Heart attack Patient grin

29 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by taharqa2: 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
Congrats APC....Oya, make d noisemaking reduce small. Hope they wud now settle down to business, and provide a credible Opposition in Nigeria... Democrazy keeps getting deepening in Nigeria
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by sunstyle(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2013

guy Tinubu and Buhari r not contesting 4 president come 2015, u said APC chance is zero in d presidential election by 2015! Who r u 2 say APC chance is zero abi una won rig again? Nigerians wil definitely vote 4 their choice of candidate if only una no go rig d election.

5 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by seanet01: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
PointB:
jmaine:
insincerenigeria and our brothers from the east here are the losers.
only berem is a winner

5 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by rozayx5(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hmmm, am not amused, the PDP dumping ground has been registered

old wine in new skin

call me when we have reasonable opposition

3 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Pedagogue: 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
Tinubu's APC don enter one-chance be dat. The name APC is still under litigation. What if Tinubu's APC loses the court case at the 11th hour? Wouldn't it have been safer and wiser to pick a new and risk-free name?

1. U said "APC DON ENTER ONE CHANCE and that it would have been wiser if they had picked a risk free name"-
There's nothing logical about this point. What do u mean by "risk free name". Is there anything like that? We all know that there was no party called APC prior to the announcement of the merger.But immediately they announced d name,a massive building was promptly bought in the heart of Abuja and some paid politicians claimed the name is theirs!
Even when some people suggested (including Aruleba of AIT) that APC should just add 'n' to their name and make it ''APCN", some unknown politicians (obviously acting the script of the ruling party) addressed a press conference the next day saying that were on the verge of applying to INEC to have the name ''APCN" approved as a party!
D truth is- even if APC choose another name tomorrow,another party wud probably lay claim to it...it all boils down to the desperate politics of frustration that PDP has been playing!

2. "What if Tinubu's APC loses the court case at the 11th hour? "
To start with, APC is not Tinubu's property...so,please stop the intentional aim of disparaging the party! Albeit he's a key stakeholder,he's not the only one....There are other big politicians like Buhari and co - it's a merger folk,not a 1 man party!
To answer your question, do you have an idea about the number of PDP cases in court? Albeit those cases are not about the name/registration of PDP as a party, but some of these cases are very critical to the party's 2015 ambition! So, will PDP stop functioning as a party because of these cases? Hell no! Any law student would tell you that facts/circumstances favour APC...since they've been able to cross the hurdle of registration,it will take the highest court of the land to overrule INEC! And of course, public policy is always paramount when the supreme court is to decide any issue. Thus, APC politicians cannot be disturbed by any case in court....that is why they have a legal team! So, don't make it sound like their registration is inchoate!
So,to throw a similar question @ u- what If any convention that PDP holds before d 2015 election is nullified by d court?

3. "they'll add more competitiveness to the political process. But APC chance in the 2015 presidential election is ZERO"
Are you sure you are a "sincere Nigerian" ? What hv the chances you've been giving to PDP since 1999 done for the country? How can you categorically say a merger of All the key opposition parties in Nigeria has Zero chance? No politician can ever say that! You can see that PDP politicians do not think like u- they know the threat they pose...that is why they did everything possible to ensure that d party is not registered!

* I am more than happy that APC has been registered. I am happy not because I am a politician, I am happy because the perennial slavery of Nigeria (at the national level) is about to come to an end).
Many that voted GEJ and not PDP have since realised that a party cannot be separated from an individual...they are one and the same! Nigeria cannot move forward if the same PDP cabal at the centre keeps winning!!! Since d PDP can boast of little it has done for d past 16 years, why allow the same party again?
Many will also argue that all politicians are the same and APC might be more worse....-this has been d tactics PDP has been using to deceive Nigerians! In d South West for instance, no one will say Agagu,Oni,Daniel,Oyinlola and Akala are better than their successors! That aside,How can an under performing party be kept in govt for 16 years! Politics should be about options...How can we claim we are a democratic state and a party will boast of ruling for 60 years!!!

Message to APC: Pls present a 'progressive' presidential candidate

31 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by HoldenCaulfield(m): 2:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
Yes up APC
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2013

Anyway, I wish them luck. At least, they'll add more competitiveness to the political process. But [b]Tinubu'[/b]s APC chance in the 2015 presidential election is ZERO
obsession
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hurrayyyy! Fashola for president.

3 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by crystalballs: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
Atlast...
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by delepaul(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
congrats ooo.....awon olote 'ela'
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by GenWOJUOLA(m): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
Owkae, now, who'll b d presidential flagbearer for 2015? Tinubu, Fashola or Buhari?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by Omexonomy: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
In terms of education How much is LASU SCHOOL FEES
sunstyle: i saw it on NTA nw. A new party APC known as All progressive Congress. I hope if they come 2 power they r going 2 start with new things in terms of infrastructures such as healthcare facility,quality education,good roads,water,employment 4 the youth and run all d political offices in Nigeria in a transparent manner and accountability. Na me go first vote 4 APC cos i want development in my country Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC by moscobabs(m): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
R.I.P PDP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Backtracks On December Deadline, Says Suicide Bombings May Continue / Corruption Case Not Closed - EFCC Tells Akpabio / 3 Buses, 4 Motorcycles, Others Burnt In Attack By Armed Men In Ebonyi – Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.