Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite (4119 Views)

London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by omongbati1: 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite
The first day it opened it was like a tourist site, but the Ibadan people have since found their way back to their local markets...lol. Barely a month after the grand opening of Shoprite at Heritage Cocoa Mall, on Oba Adebimpe Road, Dugbe, Ibadan, Oyo State, the retail store has been hit with low patronage. The number of Ibadan people who go there to buy things have reduced drastically. Some residents blame it on the prices of goods at shoprite. While some say it's cheaper to buy some goods from their local markets than from shoprite, others say though it's cheaper to buy from shoprite than the stores in their neighborhood, the difference isn't much and the transport fare to go to shoprite and back isn't worth it, so they stick to shops in their area.

The most patronized commodity at shoprite Ibadan is the freshly baked bread, everything else na manage...:-) Though people go there a lot on the weekends...just to look around.

Sources:
http://lindaikeji..com/2013/07/low-patronage-hits-newly-opened-ibadan.html?spref=fb

https://www.google.com/search?q=Low+patronage+hits+newly+opened+Ibadan+shoprite&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Ibadan and Yorubaland, except for Lagos (the melting pot for Yorubas, Igbos, Hausa, other Nigerians and foreigners)are the faces of poverty in the South. These guys prefer their ewedu, amala and gbegiri. Sorry Shoprite, you went to the wrong city. Next time move to Benin City and the Eastern parts of the country. You are dong well in Enugu and will do even better in Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba and Owerrri. You will do great in PH and Uyo as well.

1 Like

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by asha80(m): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
grin funny stuff.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Abagworo(m): 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2013
Heard from my Enugu friends that they have a very nice bread.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by IGBOSON1: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Funny.....i thought Shoprite thingz was all the rave in Ibadan just a few weeks ago. undecided
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Unfortunately.. these set of one-way traffic religion people (catholic xtians) from the SE will feast on this news ...not acknowledging the fact that Ibadan with a huge population of Muslims will drive down the sales in shoprite at this period of the year.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by funshint(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
Whoever wrote dis must be a very huge unrepentant liar from hell!!! Its just a ploy to soil Ibadan's changing image. I'll advise whoever wrote dis to get a life 'cos dat current branch is not even sufficient enough to cater for Ibadan considering d population. A bigger magnificent mall is currently being undertaken by d state govt. It'll soon be completed and opened to consumers. Hp U̶̲̥̅̊ get dat liar!!!

2 Likes

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by asha80(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
ilugunboy: Unfortunately.. these set of one-way traffic religion people (catholic xtians) from the SE will feast on this news ...not acknowledging the fact that Ibadan with a huge population of Muslims will drive down the sales in shoprite at this period of the year.
is that muslims do not buy things during fasting?i mean even after fasting hrs?
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
asha 80: is that muslims do not buy things during fasting?i mean even after fasting hrs?

Normally...you hardly see people with the strength of doing such social stuff at this time of the month of Ramadan.

What else do 95% go to do at shopping mall ('Shoprite' ).. go to the Cinema..eateries and buy mostly irrelevant stuff that can easily be purchase off from the next Mallam shop along the street...and do a whole lot of window shopping.

IF there is a low volume sales at this time of the year....to me it's understandable
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Eneze1(f): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
I don't know where you people get this ur unconfirmed report, I was still there last week and a lot people are still patronizing them, I was even saying assuming I know the crowd still exist I would not have been there, u people just like bad mouthing Ib

1 Like

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Eneze1(f): 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
chino24: There is no difference between yuruba land and hausa land when it comes to poverty..

I don't know what is wrong with some set of people here with the rubbi*sh a lot of them spew and do u think u just make sense with what u type here, some people don't leave the hole they reside in and yet have the justification to condemn somewhere they have never been to, btw am not Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Bournvitanisha: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
News source from LindaIkeji.........what a joke.

What ethnicity is Linda again?

Was she standing in the doorway observing people shop?

Tell me sth new jare.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by Bournvitanisha: 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Eneze1: I don't know where you people get this ur unconfirmed report, I was still there last week and a lot people are still patronizing them, I was even saying assuming I know the crowd still exist I would not have been there, u people just like bad mouthing Ib

Lol are you minding them grin

News source coming from LindaIkeji of all ppl......a BLOG that s well known for falsifying news for goodness sakes.

And nothing should stop people from patronizing their native market to support its sellers.

Why should a foreign market monopolize business?

Apart from that, this is a way for our ibo ppl to degenerate Yorubaland after Fashola sent poor Ibos almajiris back to Iboland.

Let the hating continue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by sunnydayasaba(m): 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
I dnt understand why people are paranoid over the above post, if u read carefully, u will understand that ever consumer have their own reasons for not going to shop rite, it could be price, distance, weather, poverty, Ramanda...even in Lagos where there high demand for shops, some shopping malls are still closed down because of certain reason mentioned above. In general, the poverty level is getting high and people in general try to reduce spending and save more, so its not a question of region, is the economic situation..So dnt hit at each other, everybody is right in their own way.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by baby124: 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
Linda ikeji looking for hits again with tribalistic blog posts. What is the point of this post on her blog by the way. She has quickly recovered from the accusation that she was terrorizing a pastor for money otherwise she will slander him. Desperate and hungry girl. mtscheew!
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by manny4life(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
Lol...

@OP, business is all about demand... It's only a matter of time, if Shoprite doesn't make money, they will close down.
Re: Low patronage hits newly opened Ibadan shoprite by plaindealer: 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Another trash from a gossip website.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alliance In Motion Global - Everything You Need To Know About AIM Global / Petrol Subsidy Probe: FG Removes 98 Importers From 2012 Operations / New Easy Way To Create And Fund Your PAYZA Account Discover!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.