Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,228 members, 7,860,450 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

Angelina Jolie Named Highest-paid Actress - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Angelina Jolie Named Highest-paid Actress (872 Views)

Angelina Jolie At The AU Summit / Kristen Stewart Is World Highest Paid Actress- Forbes / Omotola Is The Highest Paid Actress In Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angelina Jolie Named Highest-paid Actress by iyanla247: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
Source : http:///NF6X3

Angelina Jolie has been named Hollywood's highest-paid actress in Forbes' magazine's annual list of top female earner – despite not having appeared in a movie since 2010.

Jolie tops the poll with earnings of $33 million (£21.5 million).

Hot on her heels, however, is 22-year-old Jennifer Lawrence, who coined in $26 million over the same period from June 2012 to June 2013, starring in a slew of hits.
By rather stark contrast, Jolie's last films were 2010's critically hammered 'The Tourist' with Johnny Depp, and the roundly unloved spy thriller 'Salt'.

Oddly there was also another sturdy two-year gap between her films before that, with 'Changeling', 'Wanted' and 'Kung-Fu Panda' in 2008.

But with Jolie able to command $15 million per role – the sum she has reportedly received for 'Maleficent', out next year – and endorsement for Louis Vuitton worth $10 million, she's placed at the top of the Hollywood heap.

Jolie has in recent years devoted more time to her humanitarian pursuits – as a special envoy to the United Nations – than her movie career, as well as being a mother to her six children with Brad Pitt.

Earlier this year Jolie also announced that she had had a double mastectomy to reduce the risk of her contracting breast cancer, though remarkably this scarcely affected her workload.

Meanwhile, Kristen Stewart, who topped the Forbes list last year thanks almost entirely to the 'Twilight' series, has now slipped to number three, with earnings of $22 million.

Jennifer Aniston comes in at fourth, while fifth place is 'The Amazing Spider-Man' star Emma Stone.

Source : http:///NF6X3

Re: Angelina Jolie Named Highest-paid Actress by xtr0v3rt(m): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ok!
Re: Angelina Jolie Named Highest-paid Actress by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ok. What do I do with the infor?
Re: Angelina Jolie Named Highest-paid Actress by zangiff(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
result of hardwork
Re: Angelina Jolie Named Highest-paid Actress by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Eziokwu. Meanwhile, I don't think all the films made since the inception of 'modern' Nollywood in the early 1990s to date (including the English, Yoruba, and Igbo genres) altogether cost up to $33.1m (i.e. N5.3b) to produce. A tale of stark contrasts.
Re: Angelina Jolie Named Highest-paid Actress by zangiff(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
pro01: Eziokwu. Meanwhile, I don't think all the films made since the inception of 'modern' Nollywood in the early 1990s to date (including the English, Yoruba, and Igbo genres) altogether cost up to $33.1m (i.e. N5.3b) to produce. A tale of stark contrasts.
I wonder ooo

(1) (Reply)

2shotz Responds To Beverly Osu's Claims / Popular Radio Host Gbemi Olateru Olagebgi Shows Off Hot Bikini Body / Vixen Venita's Tweet On Her Dream Man (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.