Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] (28068 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by tpia5: 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
ok, has he been seen by a doctor or medical team?

what caused his injuries?
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by deletrue: 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
celemel: @ TEXACO

Well, even though anything goes in the jungle called Nigeria, we are supposed to be running a semblance of constitutional rule. I may not want to join issue with your warped sense of naked power. I bet you, OBJ was even more obsessed, but didn't get away for too long. Democracy is a self-cleansing system of governance that abhors impunity! Thank God for periodic elections. Even the man you call retardeen knows better than you assume. Chidi Lloyd cannot be detained forever! He would go home free, someday!
You are now convinced that your sickness has defied all medical remedies. Now, tell me in the history of humanity, any individual or group of persons who have been detained for ever? If someone's action is bad, no defence will turn it good, except only in this country and that is the only circumstance you are now depending upon.
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by deletrue: 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
Dagoma: I'd never seen one-sided investigation/judgement like this one in my life, where is Bipi
Questions such as this keeps me wondering why is that senseless persons keep increasing? Just explain to us the evidence to prove that Bipi's questioning is necessary under this circumstance!
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by texaco1: 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
deletrue: Questions such as this keeps me wondering why is that senseless persons keep increasing? Just explain to us the evidence to prove that Bipi's questioning is necessary under this circumstance!
None except chidi's testimony
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by deletrue: 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Dagoma: I'd never seen one-sided investigation/judgement like this one in my life, where is Bipi
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by oyeyipow(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Stella_Bella:
No VIDEO evidence.

But there's a video of bipi punching anoda guy to d ground
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by dagr8oy: 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
This Chidi must hv bin a very brutal cultist during his sch dayz. If wat transpired in d house had bin a sch war,,,he wuld hv just taken d life of d oda guy. Army can handle him beta...thugs occupyin our political seats.
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by samdolad(m): 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: Are you from Congo? undecided Why can't you lead
grin
BekeeBuAgbara: Are you from Congo? undecided Why can't you lead
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by gogodaye(m): 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
The brazen quest of Mr. Boms to take over the matter leaves much to be desired. In law he can only do so if Mr. Llyod was charged for offences under Rivers state laws. However Lloyd was charged under a federal law, he is estopped from taking the steps hens initiated except he has the consent of Mr. Adoki. His actions further reinforces the calls for the seperation of the Office of AG from that of Minister/Commissioner for Justice as the motives for his intervention discernibly are self~serving...
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by 0mOnnakoda25: 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
gogodaye: The brazen quest of Mr. Boms to take over the matter leaves much to be desired. In law he can only do so if Mr. Llyod was charged for offences under Rivers state laws. However Lloyd was charged under a federal law, he is estopped from taking the steps hens initiated except he has the consent of Mr. Adoki. His actions further reinforces the calls for the seperation of the Office of AG from that of Minister/Commissioner for Justice as the motives for his intervention discernibly are self~serving...
What federal law is this please tell us. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Murder and related matters comes under the state jurisdiction.he is being charged with attempted murder. Is that a federal offence?
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by boniflex(m): 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
Toktee: I told you to see a doctor for your eyez b4 you will go blind but you refused now see what it has cost you,someone is supported by two people to walk yet your eyez has refused to see.........the bible is complete where it asid"THEY HAS EYEZ THAT CANNOT SEE".
said not asid
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by karlmax2: 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Like I said..

Bros Chidi d' Mace man... grin
Nothing Mega!! grin Rivers State AG will drop the case next week..
We the People of Rivers State are not interested in prosecuting you!!

Amaechi wins!! Flawless victory!! grin

Rivers State Jet will be waiting at the Airport to fly you to the Bahamas for Medical treatment next week...

so if the chief judge of the state sets him free and the case goes to appeal court, I hope the chief judge of the state would also come and set him free too?. Or let's say the case even gets to the supreme court which is the apex court in the country would the chief judge of the state be there to set him free also?
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by Amaso99(m): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
My china friend say 'Him never chi chumtin'
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by kolado(m): 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
0mOnnakoda 25: What federal law is this please tell us. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Murder and related matters comes under the state jurisdiction.he is being charged with attempted murder. Is that a federal offence?
Thank you for dat question.
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by kolado(m): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
0mOnnakoda 25: What federal law is this please tell us. I don't think you know what you are talking about. Murder and related matters comes under the state jurisdiction.he is being charged with attempted murder. Is that a federal offence?
Thank you for dat question. What does federal law has to do with an attempted murder case? Criminal offence is a criminal offence!
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by celemel(m): 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
@ deletrue,
I don't suffer fools gladly. True, its difficult to take the swamp from the Hippo. Aint no need holding any conversation with the mutant version in you!
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:54am On Aug 02, 2013
As long as Hon. Bipi and The Commissioner of Police Mbu remain untouchable after the evil they commited in this saga, this remains a witch hunt.
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by PrettaPacco(f): 6:26am On Aug 02, 2013
Hon. Chidi, in your next life learn to talk less, fight less and use the right side of your brain. When you beat a man and he did not retaliate dont you think that when the case comes up, even spirit will back him up. May God save you from all these embarrasement.
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by MrAboki: 8:18am On Aug 02, 2013
karl max: so if the chief judge of the state sets him free and the case goes to appeal court, I hope the chief judge of the state would also come and set him free too?. Or let's say the case even gets to the supreme court which is the apex court in the country would the chief judge of the state be there to set him free also?

Who do you think gets a case to the supreme court?!

The DPP is the prosecutor.. And if the prosecution decides to drop all charges against a person, who then takes it to the supreme court?! So let me teach you what would most likely happen;

1. The AG of Rivers State would drop all charges against Chidi lloyd on some legal technicallity.

2. The Police would not be able to do anything.

3. Ihunwo would bring civil charges against lloyd and sue for punitive and compensatory damages..

#Case closed.
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by 0mOnnakoda25: 10:21am On Aug 02, 2013
Mr Aboki:

The DPP is the prosecutor.. And if the prosecution decides to drop all charges against a person, who then takes it to the supreme court?! So let me teach you what would most likely happen;

1. The AG of Rivers State would drop all charges against Chidi lloyd on some legal technicallity.

3. Ihunwo would bring civil charges against lloyd and sue for punitive and compensatory damages..

#Case closed.
Individuals can bring criminal charges see Supreme court ruling Fawenhinmi VS Akilu 1987
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by gbawee: 10:44am On Aug 02, 2013
0mOnnakoda 25: Police cannot prosecute. That is the role of the State or Federal attorney general depending on the jurisdiction covering the alleged offence. In this case murder or attempted murder is within the ambit of the state just like in the Mustapha case and that was why the FG could not grant amnesty much as they would have liked to.It has already been established that the AG has the power/discretion NOT to prosecute which is likely to happen in this highly political case.Perhaps the police can find a "federal" offfence and get the Federal attorney general to prosecute. That will likely be seen as political and we shall see how successful that will be.Usually that would be things like treason,terrorism etc. The Police cannot force the hand of the AG as they are attempting here.I wonder whether it has ever happened before that the Police engage a private lawyer to prosecute without the authority of the DPP or AG. Their job is to arrest,investigate and hand the file over to the DPP

OSAHON VS STATE. the police can prosecute
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by 0mOnnakoda25: 10:46am On Aug 02, 2013
gbawẹ́e:

OSAHON VS STATE. the police can prosecute
Is that case in Nigeria if it is cite it properly .There is no entity like "STATE" in Nigeria
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by gbawee: 10:48am On Aug 02, 2013
Mr Aboki:

#Case closed.

If the AG of Rivers drops charges against LLoyd, it is called a Nolle Prosequi. This is just a discharge and NOT AN ACQUITTAL. it means LLoyd can still be tried for that same offence.

See the case of Clark vs State
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by 0mOnnakoda25: 10:49am On Aug 02, 2013
Let us confine ourselves to Nigerian case law of which there is plenty and stop citing irrelevant issues
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by taiwobr: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2013
act 2 scene 1.......ghegeeeen
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by alabrabaakonte(f): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2013
[he is d ones shey........ Oya Seun arrest dis man for gbagun n charge him to court......quote author=emperorchedda]my friend u'r a big fooooool! U r d ones dat mk pple get scared of revolting[/quote]
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by paschalomenihu: 1:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
shame to them all. all of them who eat what belong to all of us, shame to them all grin grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd’s Arraignment Stalled [PHOTOS] by celemel(m): 7:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
where are the naysayers? Chidi Lloyd has been granted bail. Case taken over as predicted. Commissioner of Police redeployed. People should stop oozing out their ignorance online!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeleye Gbenga And Dimeji Adeleye Attacked In Ekiti, Beaten Mercilessly (Photo) / No Cancellation Of Any Election Results – Yakubu / "Why Atiku Cannot Inspect Election Materials Now" - INEC Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.