Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings (1919 Views)

9-year-old Boy Earns Whopping $1.5 Million A Year By Reviewing Toys On Youtube / Beautiful Paintings / These Apocalyptic Paintings Show The Terrifying Near Future Of Our Lagos City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by Ojowanle: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2013
A 10-year-old artist from Holt, Norfolk, a county in the East of England, about 206Km from London by road, has made an estimated £1.5 million (about 375 million Naira) from his paintings over five years!

According to the BBC, Kieron Williamson first became known aged seven when his first exhibition sold out within minutes for £150,000.

He does oil paintings of landscapes, which started when he asked his parents for a drawing pad while on a family holiday to the Cornish coast in 2008.
Kieron’s even been nicknamed “mini Monet” – after the famous French artist Claude Monet.

When asked how he spends his money, he said he was going to treat his family to a Chinese meal!

Kieron’s latest exhibition includes a portrait of his “mysterious” granddad.
He said of his granddad: “He holds lots of secrets, he’s quite mysterious. He started to cry when he saw the picture.

“I painted it from a photograph mum took. I was looking through, trying to find something to paint and I found that and was inspired. Mum didn’t even know I was painting it.”

Meanwhile, the young artist says he prefers to concentrate on his football.

Kieron’s parents are now going to home-school him so he is able to concentrate on his art.

- See more at: http://www.urnaija.com/ten-yr-old-earns-n375m-from-painting/

Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by greatestman(m): 9:25am On Aug 01, 2013
more grease to ur Elbow front page material
Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by sweettease(f): 9:57am On Aug 01, 2013
I had a classmate in primary school who used to duplicate comic books by drawing the characters out on his drawing book and they came out real good, the expressions, backgrounds, etc. He did it for fun and was always with his drawing materials when he wasn't engaged with schoolwork.
All he got were students' and teachers' exclamations and envy, and him taking the chalk to draw on the board when my teacher had to draw on the board.

In summary, dis only happens in the western world!

1 Like

Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by tizizzy(f): 10:07am On Aug 01, 2013
Hmm
Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by Ojowanle: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2013
sweet-tease:
I had a classmate in primary school who used to duplicate comic books by drawing the characters out on his drawing book and they came out real good, the expressions, backgrounds, etc. He did it for fun and was always with his drawing materials when he wasn't engaged with schoolwork.
All he got were students' and teachers' exclamations and envy, and him taking the chalk to draw on the board when my teacher had to draw on the board.

In summary, dis only happens in the western world!

Well done, sweet-tease. My point precisely! It could only happen in the Western World where children are appreciated and encouraged to develop their talents.

1 Like

Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by leverage12(m): 11:20am On Aug 01, 2013
Wow that great, but too bad Nigeria dont appreciate visual art like the white does. Am looking forward for my art works to be put on exhibition because I have lot of passion for drawings, especially portrait drawings
Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by switdil(f): 11:43am On Aug 01, 2013
I pray make dis kain success dey happen for naija, e go too swell my head.
Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by Onegai(f): 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
Actually, visual art is growing in Nigeria. I know a painter who sell for N150,000 per painting and his works are in so much demand, he barely has time for exhibitions. I know another painter (Nigerian) as well, whose paintings go for N2 million at auction, even Ghanaian painters (one sold for $30,000 last year) and Beninese sculptors exhibiting in the UK. Sadly, most of the painters lamenting are street artists or self-taught artists, who can draw decently, but lack so many fundamental skills and cannot create quality work someone wants to own and pay hundreds of thousands for. I felt I was a good painter, but now I'm learning at a studio, I can see the difference. For every 200 untrained artists, only 2 will become great, there are several kids painting in the UK, this boy's selling.

www.alizarene..com
Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by merzybenedict(m): 9:44am On Aug 05, 2013
gud 4 him..i'll also b makin an estimated amount of #10m 4rm my YAHOO+....at least we gat d same money...dont cum nd rub me o...FP plz
Re: Ten-year-old Boy Earns N375m From Paintings by sweettease(f): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2013
merzybenedict: .
Busted tongue
Booking things abi grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Realistic Tatoos (viewer Descretion Advised) / My Pencil Drawing Of Rihanna. #nwaforchristianart / Tiny 3d Portfolio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.