Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Guerillas In The Wild - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Guerillas In The Wild (553 Views)

Ramblings Of A Wild Mind / Reasons why I killed.......Wild Wild West...... / Gentle Wild (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guerillas In The Wild by tobyharwe(m): 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2013
“Those who are skilled in combats do not
become angered; those who are skilled at
winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise
win before they fight while the ignorant fight to win” an excerpt from the book The Art of War. So far in my reading……..the book talks about a style of combat called Taoism, invisibility,winning even before fighting…been overly wise in the way you channel your energy and harness your state of mind, momentum, including strategies in combat.
I think it the right book for you if you are
thinking of joining the forces;

Joining the forces lol

Reminds me of a buddy, a student in a federal
university in Nigeria, he is so zealous about
joining the military, he said he was down and
ready for whatever….so gross!! He said he’s
willing to work and serve (doing odd jobs) any
top ranked military man for 2years with the
promise of getting him into the army….funny
tickling in my heart, thinking after 5years in
uni Haba.

Well thought, and after gathering info proper…I see the goodies, perhaps a little suffering, after which if he is successfully recruited into the army as a graduate, he gets financial stability (almost 300k/month salary), free housing where ever he goes in nigeria, travelling abroad for military courses, bonuses, respect, stability, gratuity e.t.c. This is admirable considering the labour market is filled with people who has been unemployed for years, even those who get jobs have to work like there is no tommorow, shedding there blood for a company that cares less, a company that at the end of the day will dump them with no gratuity. I see the point bro, but!!! Hmn.

Of recent, one semester to go in the university
for me, ASUU decided to strike FG, leaving we
students in the dark, after 3weeks strike, I
received a call from a relative telling me to
come to Abuja, without not much thought or
stress of what am going to do there, I accepted the offer, not that I didn’t have ideas or lack what to do, I just decided to put everything on hold and I travelled, probably because of curiosity….on getting there, my first glance was indescribable, my first thought was mega, Abuja was really a mega city of in-depth quality and organisation…obe to dun, owo olopa ni o!!!

In the city, I stayed in Niger barracks where
only top military men stayed, generals, major
generals, chiefs, top military personnel’s lived,
a drive to exit the barracks the next morning
revealed to me the life of luxury (cars) and
tranquillity in the environment, I thought can I
be a top military man without starting from the scratch? Of course not!!! That’s the answer, I presume.

After a week of touring the city, I mean the
expensive city where 30seconds gaming cost
400bucks (Imagine how costly when you are
there with two young chaps who are game
hungry), where a scoop of pop corn goes for
100bucks and Can drinks sold at 200buck
each, I paid for my guide and my two little
friends named Ema and Oba, then I realise the
city am in lol.

On a blessed Sunday evening, there comes a
knock on the door, just as Ema and Oba’s dad
got a glimpse of the visitor, he dismissed his
call immediately saying ‘ma pe e pada x2’, the
visitor shouted fire, fire! (nick name) calling the dad of my two little friends, it was like a
reunion of two friends who lost contact…..the
energy and excitement was glaring and the
spirit was high. The visitor is a commanding
officer, a top one at that, something looks
striking about the way he walks, I was puzzled
until he got down to explain his ordeal with
Boko haram in Katsina.

The firing started at around 9:30 pm that
miserable day, a mission for annihilating the
guerrillas in that axis, at about quarter to
12pm, the firing had gone a little down, then
drives in, a motor filled with men with hot
guns, instead of treating them as enemies and
engaging them immediately, as a Yoruba man
with respect for life, he decided to ask, friend
or foe? The answer he got was sound of rounds of gun shots, he’s soldier shot back but he was down, In the army it was a black day, most of his soldier died in the gun battle and as for thec/o, there were speculations as to whether he was dead or not, others contemplated how many bullet he took, was it 6 or 8 bullet?

He was down but he wasn’t dead.

That he is alive today was just a miracle and
favour from God, it could have been his
forehead he narrated, the governor already
took the bill for him with his family to go
abroad for proper treatment, other big rolled
people in the army and outside donated lots
like $10 000, and today he’s back on his feet.
What a testimony, I said, but not so many were this lucky!!! Ask the few at the top, many will tell you, not so many of their friends that they started together made it. A large percentage started together at the bottom of the ladder, but the thorns of military life cuts some off. Think twice and make up your mind, the ball is left in your court.

“Those who are good at knighthood are not materialistic, those who are good at battle do not become angry, and those who are good at prevailing over opponent do not get involved”. The quote proverbially describes Qualities of a
man in the forces, professed by Sun Tzu in his
book the Art of War, the quotes says it not by
money, but by life and passion, it states to be
calm and work your way to the top.

Do you have the qualities?

(1) (Reply)

··The Martyr's Retribution·· / The Horror Beneath... / Life Is Just Funny (the Extremely Creative Etisalat Prize Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.