Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market - Politics (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market (44450 Views)

Gaidam Gave Out 100's Of Hilux Vehicles To The Army, Police (pic) / Suicide Bombs: Muslims Kick As Army, Police Frisk Women In Hijab, Burka - Punch / Army, Police, Others May Pay Electricity Bills - Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 05, 2013
Nigerian_Constitution_Chapter_4:

41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 05, 2013
Nigerian_Constitution_Chapter_4:

43. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, every citizen of Nigeria shall have the right to acquire and own immovable property anywhere in Nigeria.

44. (1) No moveable property or any interest in an immovable property shall be taken possession of compulsorily and no right over or interest in any such property shall be acquired compulsorily in any part of Nigeria except in the manner and for the purposes prescribed by a law that, among other things -
(a) requires the prompt payment of compensation therefore and
(b) gives to any person claiming such compensation a right of access
for the determination of his interest in the property and the amount
of compensation to a court of law or tribunal or body having
jurisdiction in that part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
TheBookWorm: What is wrong with you myopic people?

This is aimed at both Yoruba and Igbo posters.

And the sad thing about most of your comments is that many of you live in either the UK or the US and see how black people struggle in these places. Where racism and systematic racism is prevalent and in some places black life is seen as worthless.

Now you all are being tribalistic against your fellow black brothers and sisters?

YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!

Feed me more: So much for one Nigeria!
mmm
It is important to acknowledge the big mistake of lumping several nations into one big putrid quagmire of prejudice, avarice, hypocrisy, malevolence and narrow mindedness known as Nigeria. Unfortunately, a vast majority of Nigerians are hypocrites and irresponsible enthusiasts who would look 'the other way' and roll in their imaginary bed of roses, taking a whiff of burning corpse on the side.

They vehemently scream "One Nigeria for Life!!!!" to the detriment of their lungs while harboring the vilest contempt for other ethnic groups, most of whom they've never met. Anyone who has a divergent view is labeled a tribalist/bigot/separatist/slowpoke/myopic and other derogatory terms too numerous to mention. Nairaland is a good testimony that the so called ''new generation'' is more hopeless than our ancestors.

Codedeben: So PATHETIC!!!!

Why on earth would we allow just disparity in language to dislodge the oneness Africans are known for.
ONE COUNTRY, ONE RACE, ONE COLOR yet the most ethnocentric set of creatures.

We take pleasure in deriding ourselves all because my ideology do not sync with yours. We're engulfed with crises here and there but that seems not to suffice, its this issue of deportation we now want to utilise to cause an unnecessary inter-tribal pandemonium.

I weep for my generation!

Our leaders are fiddling with our brains and we choose to help them escalate it. We forget that as you're on nairaland insulting your fellow brother/sister, your governor is on a call to the other governor confirming if their business deal is still on course. Next week they meet at a business dinner in dubai leaving you with a "stenchy" enmity with your so called e-foe.

Let me quickly ask you this? If this should lead to intertribal clashes between ibo and yoruba

1) Are you ready to fight the war? As in physically participating?

2) What do you stand to gain? Seriously at the end of it what do you think you would benefit from this?

This is not my fight, neither is it yours. We shouldn't be so in a haste to create one.
I need you, you need me and that's what makes us progress in life. We should note that a tree doesn't make a forest. We shouldn't be too harsh with the way we handle this issue. To be sincere, we can hardly do without one another. Go to every other parts of the world you would always find several other people from different parts of the globe and they all have a role they play in its development.

To build this nation, its our collective responsibility. We have to join hands together irrespective of our tribes.

The sequence of events unfolding lately in lagos is never about hatred for a particular tribe, but to my utmost surprise , nairalanders have turned it into a tribal war with one party accusing the other of being xenophobic and paranoid of dominance ,while the other (nothing help matter) is openly asking them to quit their land as if the motive of the LASG initially was to send all non-Lagosian back to their home.

PLEASE LET'S BE CAREFUL WITH OUR UTTERANCES. WE'RE THE LEADER'S OF TOMMOROW AND WE SHOULDN'T FORGET ANYTHING WE PEN ONLINE CAN ALWAYS BE USED AS A FUTURE REFERENCE.
Re: Army, Police To Take-over Ladipo Market by uzoexcel(m): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
IN THE NAME OF GOD AND ONE NIGERIA

TheBookWorm: What is wrong with you myopic people?

This is aimed at both Yoruba and Igbo posters.

And the sad thing about most of your comments is that many of you live in either the UK or the US and see how black people struggle in these places. Where racism and systematic racism is prevalent and in some places black life is seen as worthless.

Now you all are being tribalistic against your fellow black brothers and sisters?

YOU ALL SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!
You are so on point!!!!I school in the southern most part of the UK where the racial thingy IS omnipresent but toned down. I come to the nairaland website to find succour,chat with and follow things happening in naija.But what do I get here?Emeka/Seun/Hassan all at each others' throat in the name of 1 Nigeria. Listening and reading most of these comments here makes me so ashamed of my country. I repeat, Nigerians dont have any right to accuse the white man of been a racist when even amongst ourselves we practise it to the highest level...God!!!!!!!!
I look at statistics on google and it says that Nigerians are amongst the most religious people in the world with so many churches but what google fails to mention is that there is a big difference between been religious and been spiritual...I am a xtian but not a born-again but I knw I have more chances of making heaven than most of our 'pious' xtian/muslim brothers because I dont judge any human by his ethnicity or religion. I take you for who you are...
Most of us go to church,mosque,fast and pray on fridays/sundays/other days but you all are just wasting your time when you possess these kind of black hearts. How will he answer your prayers when your heart is full of hatred for your fellow man?Do you think on the last day God/Allah will separate us and judge us according to tribes/race/religion? Will he say 'Igbos this line, yorubas here, Hausa there.....'?Do any of us even comtemplate that?
For the xtians amongst us, one of the first parables Jesus gave was the parable of the good samaritan where he talked about the Jew who was wounded and abandoned by the roadside. A priest, a levite, a fellow jew and a pharisee passed the man without batting an eyelid and continued going on their way. The person who came to the wounded man's rescue was a 'Samaritan' (by default samaritans and jews were enemies) who came to the man's aid, cleaned his wounds and took him to an inn. I believe Jesus had Nigerians' in mind when he made this parable. Lest we forget, one of his greatest commandments/sayings was/is 'Love your neighbour as yourself'
To the matter at hand, what unbiased folks should be asking is that 'was/is there a set format for selecting the Baba Oloja'?'IS/Was it by voting or inner caucus selection etc'?If so, did anyone go off course or derail when selecting this present one?These are what we should be asking and not attacking each other tribally.
If I was to speak as a tribalised igbo, I would also ask the igbos to ask ourselves what the hell is every freaking person doing in lasgidi.Why in the freaking world have we not called our south-east governors to order in area of development in our region.What has any of the governors done in pursuing the case of the dredging of the river niger and also the construction of the second niger bridge of which millions and billions for these are provided for in the national budget?Why is there no international airport in the southeast.If the river niger is dredged and made into a port, most of the traders dont need come to Lagos/Apapa for their containers.If the river Nigeria is dredged, it opens up the south east to the Atlantic and the outside world in terms of creating various avenues/livelihood/ for the igbos.These are what learned people should be saying in these day and age.

Codedeben: So PATHETIC!!!!

Why on earth would we allow just disparity in language to dislodge the oneness Africans are known for.
ONE COUNTRY, ONE RACE, ONE COLOR yet the most ethnocentric set of creatures.

We take pleasure in deriding ourselves all because my ideology do not sync with yours. We're engulfed with crises here and there but that seems not to suffice, its this issue of deportation we now want to utilise to cause an unnecessary inter-tribal pandemonium.

I weep for my generation!

Our leaders are fiddling with our brains and we choose to help them escalate it. We forget that as you're on nairaland insulting your fellow brother/sister, your governor is on a call to the other governor confirming if their business deal is still on course. Next week they meet at a business dinner in dubai leaving you with a "stenchy" enmity with your so called e-foe.

The sequence of events unfolding lately in lagos is never about hatred for a particular tribe, but to my utmost surprise , nairalanders have turned it into a tribal war with one party accusing the other of being xenophobic and paranoid of dominance ,while the other (nothing help matter) is openly asking them to quit their land as if the motive of the LASG initially was to send all non-Lagosian back to their home.

PLEASE LET'S BE CAREFUL WITH OUR UTTERANCES. WE'RE THE LEADER'S OF TOMMOROW AND WE SHOULDN'T FORGET ANYTHING WE PEN ONLINE CAN ALWAYS BE USED AS A FUTURE REFERENCE.

Dont mind them.While you all are grappling at each others' throat, sons and daughters of these politicians who are supposed to be sworn enemies are here in the UK flexing/partying/drinving the latest car series.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

See Amazing Pictures Of Owerri During Today's Sanitation Exercise / Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.