Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan (8970 Views)

Things We Need To Know Before Ramadhan / Common Mistakes During Ramadhan / Ramadhan Kareem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by PENMIGHT(m): 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
saly kely: Salam, what d kafara for an illicit act committed after breaking d fast?
Kaffarah is only related to those set-limits transgressed between dawn and dusk of ramadhan.

Tawbah( sincere repentance) and a firm resolution not to return to sinful ways is what is needed to atone (kafarah) for such sins like this when committed in other months outside ramadhan and in the night of ramadhan.

And know, oh beloved brother!, that Allaah forgives all sins except idolatory.
When we feel remorseful about our sins,we avoid basking in the euphoria of committing such sins; then we stand a good chance to be pardoned by Allah and such black records wiped out and turned to good deeds.

Also follow up such bad deeds with goods ones like reading Quran,seeking laylatul Qadri, zakat-l-fitri and praying the eid nawafil. Good deeds wipe off bad ones! Allahu Akbar

Allaah says- " And those who,when they have committed illegal intercouse or wronged themselves with evil,remember Allaah and ask forgiveness for their sins-and none can forgive sins but Allaah-and do not persist in evil they have done,while they know.

For such,the reward is Forgiveness from their Lord,and Gardens which rivers flowing underneath,wherein they shall abide forever.How excellent is this reward for the doers of good" Q 3 vs 135-136.

We pray Allaah to strenghten us and give us strong-will over our iniquities.

Ibn qayim say" if you knew the true worthy of yourself, you will not allow yourself to be humiliated by committing sins"

4 Likes

Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
• Fasting is a shield as long as the fasting person does not rupture it with lies and back-biting
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by lincolnj88: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hmmmm GOD FORBID BAD THING.......so even shekau will be forgiven all his plenty attrocities without reconcilliation jst because he fasted......all bh,al qaeda, taliban,hezbollah members will all hav dier si forgiven also because dey fasted......pls b moral and wise up
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by Meritbaba(m): 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
spenca:

knowledge is the best way to increase Iman and blessed be that who ases that which he doesnt know, to answer your questions brother,

1 having intercourse without someone you are not married with is wrong and outlawed in Islam be it during Ramadan or not and if this act by any means happens during Ramadan you would have to fast for a number of extra days which i cant remember as of the time of typing this

2 my response to 1 has answered this

3 i guess the ops write up has answered this , its wrong to miss sahri , you dont need to pay buh its wrong

Allah knows best!
What if the intercourse was with one's wife?
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by PENMIGHT(m): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
lincolnj88: Hmmmm GOD FORBID BAD THING.......so even shekau will be forgiven all his plenty attrocities without reconcilliation jst because he fasted......all bh,al qaeda, taliban,hezbollah members will all hav dier si forgiven also because dey fasted......pls b moral and wise up

So u see how insensible to claim that a cross made of wood and a human blood with heamoglobin and platelets washes off the sins of people. How unthinkable!

The correct perspective about ur question is that "Fasting washes off all previous sins that are regarded as minor sins and that does not involve retribution such as eye for eye and a soul for a soul.

For such sins that involves the right of others like unjust killing,eating the wealth of orphans,stealing public funds, consumming interest, adultery ;the law must take its course.

Sincere repentance is needed for all the above and it is incomplete without returning the right of others and others involves getting justice for the wronged in terms of prosecution,retaliation and retribution.
It is a vast branch of knowledge to whom few have been given.

Manslaughter( killing by mistake) attracts paying blood money and also fasting for two consecutive months without break. This is to serve as atonement and deterrent.

That is not the case for Murder.Unjust and deliberate killing a believer is tantamount to disbelief.

Allah says-" And whoever kills a believer intentionally,his recompense is Hell to abide therein,and the Wrath and Curse of Allah are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for him" Q 4 vs 93.

Islam makes things clear. Any other thing people worship are idols.

5 Likes

Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by Empiree: 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
?
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by haykaylanre: 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
My post is not and will not in anyway be offensive to any religion or any faith. Thanks.
This post is carefully source out and it is an affirmative factual fact from a reliable authority. May Allah increase the poster in knowledge and wisdom with unlimited barakah. Ameen

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by PENMIGHT(m): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Meritbaba: What if the intercourse was with one's wife?
Intercourse with ones wife is not a sin as long as it is not in the day of Ramadhan. There is no sin, hence no expiation, involved with lawful cohabitation in the night.

Doing that while fasting nullifies the fast and it's expiation is sincere repentance with-
(1) Free a slave. OR
(2) Fasting two consecutive months. OR
(3) Feeding 60 poor people.

The expiation is to be observed in this sequence. If the conjugal affair is mutual, both the man and woman involved must expiate. If the woman was coerced, against her will and after resistance, the onus is only on the man. In both cases, that single day of fasting missed will also be observed by both.

Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
May Almighty Allah in his infinite mercies Bless Pen_Might and Every Other person who has Contributed 2 dis thread ....

May Allah make us understand d deen more and may he make our final abode Al-jannah firdous ..

Allahumo Ai'izal islaama wal muslimeen
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by micdmic: 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
jazakAllah khair,may Allah reward u for the knowledge shared...
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by rbjimoh: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hmmm... Who will have being other than being a muslim, without Allah's mercy? Alhamdulillah!
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by rabzy01: 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
I don't think ignoring him is the best option.

Empiree: lincolnj88 should be ignored pls
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by spenca: 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Meritbaba: What if the intercourse was with one's wife?
then it is allowed if and only its not during fasting hours and the persons being intimate are married
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by lilTunechi(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
MAYOWAAK: As far as I am concerned,Ramadan is simply an euphemism for hunger strike.
i dnt blame U. U're jst too stewpead 2 realise what u just wrote. Get the right education bloke!
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by rabzy01: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
What you don't know is that the 'concept' of sin and forgiveness in Islam is not like it is in your faith.

In Islam, sins are broadly categorised into two, namely:
1- sins against the Creator (Allah) and
2- sins (injustices, atrocities,etc) against the created.
As for the first category, Allah forgives whoever ask for His forgiveness as He pleases. This is because our God is FORGIVING, MERCIFUL GOD.

As for the second category, Allah forgives such sins upon the forgiveness of the victims. Alternatively Allah will compensate the victims in a special way. That is why in Quran 24:22 Allah enjoynes muslims to forgive one another in expectation of receiving forgiveness from Him.
"And let not those among you who are blessed with graces and wealth swear not to give (any sort of help) to their kinsmen (the poor), and those who left their homes for the cause of Allah. Let them PARDON AND FORGIVE. Do you not love that Allah forgive you? And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." Quran 24:22.

lincolnj88: Hmmmm GOD FORBID BAD THING.......so even shekau will be forgiven all his plenty attrocities without reconcilliation jst because he fasted......all bh,al qaeda, taliban,hezbollah members will all hav dier si forgiven also because dey fasted......pls b moral and wise up

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by lilTunechi(m): 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
No hard feelings bro'. Bt u nid 2 go gt education cos u're stil daft. Ur brain is filled with pleghm.
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by rabzy01: 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2013
The one who fasts has two special happiness:

1- when he breaks his fast and

2- when he meets his Lord (Allah).

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by rabzy01: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Oh Allah! It is in obedience to You that I fast and it is from Your provision that I break the fast. Forgive me my past and future sins.
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by Sike(m): 10:33pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ramadan kareem.
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by rodbel(m): 11:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful post. May Allah reward you abundantly
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by lacosteIII(m): 11:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
thanks wink i beginning to know most of this things now
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by kolamilan(m): 7:25am On Aug 03, 2013
nice thread.
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by rabzy01: 10:01am On Aug 03, 2013
... and fasting is a shield.
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by Adek15(m): 11:30am On Aug 04, 2013
Goodboy2012: • Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) said: “He who fasts solely for the sake of Allah, has all his previous sins forgiven.
• The odour of the mouth of a fasting person is sweeter to Allah than the fragrance of musk.
• The Prophet (Pbuh) said, the sleep of a fasting person is Ibadat and his silence is Tasbeeh (recitation of Subhan Allah).
• Fasting is a shield as long as the fasting person does not rupture it with lies and back-biting.
• Saum and the Quran will intercede on behalf of the servant of Allah. Saum will say ‘My Rabb! I forbade him from sleep at night and desires during the day, therefore, accept my intercession on his behalf.’ The Quran will say: ‘I forbade him from sleep at night, therefore accept my intercession on his behalf.’ Thus, their intercession will be accepted.
Who should Fast?
Fasting during Ramadan is compulsory for every Muslim, male or female, who meets the following requirements:
• Is mentally and physically fit i.e., sane and able.
• Has attained the age of puberty and discretion, which is normally about 14 years.
• Is present at their permanent settlement, hometown, farm or business premises etc.
• Is fairly certain that the fasting is unlikely to cause any harm, physical or mental other than the normal reactions to hunger, thirst etc.
What is Sahri or Suhoor?
• Sahri is the act of arising from sleep during the course of the night to partake of some food or drink in anticipation of the next day’s fasting.
• Sahri is Sunnat regardless of whether one feels like eating anything or not. One should rise and eat even a date or two or merely take a gulp of water.
• It is of greater merit to delay Sahri. But it should not be delayed so much that Subah Sadiq has almost set in, causing doubt in the validity of the fast.
• It is not permissible to forgo a fast because of failure to wake up during the night for Sahri.
• If Sahri was missed if one has overslept, one should not forgo fasting. It is not permissible to refrain from Saum because of having missed Sahri.
What is Iftar?
• It is important to hasten with Iftar (breaking the fast) as soon as the sun has set.
• Iftar should be made before the Maghrib Salat.
• The Muezzin should have his Iftar before proclaiming the Azaan.
• At the time of Iftar, it is Sunnat to recite the following dua:
“O Allah! I have fasted for you. I believe in you.
I have trust in you and I make Iftar with the rizaq (food) provided by you.”
• Iftar should preferably be made with dates. In the absence of dates, water is best.
• It is Makrooh to have Iftar when in doubt regarding sunset.
• If it is overcast, Iftar should be delayed until there is absolute certainty that the sun has set.
• If Iftar is made even a minute before sunset, Qadha of the fast is incumbent. It is Makrooh to unnecessarily delay Iftar.
• The time of Iftar is very auspicious. Dua is readily accepted at the time when the fast is about to end.
What Makes the Fast Valid?

THINGS WHICH DO NOT BREAK THE FAST:

• The using of Miswak
• To take bath during the day or to pour water, over the head due to the summer heat.
• To smell perfume.
• To apply Surma (Kohl) in the eyes, or oil to the hair.
• To eat or drink in forgetfulness.
• To inhale a fly or smoke or dust without one’s will or intention.
• To pour water into the ear unintentionally.
• To swallow saliva or phlegm.
• To gargle or take water in the nose, while performing ablution (Wudu), but care should be taken that no part of water enters the throat.
• Blood tests during illness.

THINGS WHICH BREAK THE FAST:

• Sexual intercourse even if there is no emergence of semen.
• Smoking.
• Inhaling smoke by one’s own action, e.g. inhaling the smoke of incense, etc.
• Swallowing any substance or object which is not normally consumed as food or medicine, e.g. pebbles, paper, a coin, etc.
• Saliva mingled with blood will break the fast if the taste of blood is discernible when swallowing it.
• Eating deliberately. (Eating by mistake does not break the fast).
• Deliberately inducing oneself to vomit will break the fast if the vomit is mouthful. If the emergence of the vomit cannot be restrained, the vomit will be said to be a mouthful.
• A food particle, the size of a chana (about the size of half a pea) stuck in the teeth slips down the throat.
• Masturbation. In addition to it nullifying the Saum, it is an immoral and a sinful act.
• Ejaculation as a result of caressing and handling the wife even if there was no sexual intercourse.
Kaffarah, Qadha Saum and Fidyah
• A fast of Ramadan broken deliberately without valid reason, after having made the Niyyat for fasting during the night, brings about the penalty of Kaffarah.
• A traveller is permitted to refrain from Saum, although it is meritorious for him/her to fast, if the journey is not a difficult one. The traveller shall make Qadha of all Saum omitted during the journey.
• If a woman starts menstruating during the course of the fasting day, the fast is not valid. It is not incumbent to abstain from eating during the remaining part of the day. Preferably, it is better to avoid eating in the presence of those who are fasting. She can compensate for her missed fasts later after Ramadan.
• When a pregnant woman has a genuine fear for either her own life or the life of the child she is bearing, it will be permissible for her to refrain from Saum. She will have to make Qadha of the Saum she misses as a result.
• A very old person who is truly unable to fast, is permitted to refrain from Saum. He has to offer compensation by means of paying the Fidyah.
Qadha Saum
Qadha means to fulfill or to compensate for fasts which are not executed when they were due.
• It is necessary to make Qadha of Saum as soon as possible since one does not know when death will overtake one. While it is not Wajib to make the Qadha immediately after Ramadan or on any other specific day, Qadha should not be unnecessarily delayed.
• For the validity of Qadha Saum, it is essential to make Niyyat during the night, i.e. before Subah Sadiq.
• Saum omitted on account of menses has to be made Qadha.
• It is not obligatory to keep the Qadha Saum all at once (consecutively). The Qadha Saum may be spread over a period or they may be kept consecutively.
• If by the time death approaches, the Qadha has not yet been discharged, it will then be obligatory to make a bequest for payment of Fidyah.
• Similarly, if due to old age or sickness one is unable to fast and the Qadha has not yet been executed, wasiyyat to pay Fidyah will be wajib(obligatory).
Kaffarah of Ramadan
• Kaffarah (compensation) is the penalty which is imposed by Shariah for the deliberate and flagrant nullification of the Saum of Ramadan.
• Kaffarah applies to only the Saum of Ramadan.
• Kaffarah comes into force only if the Niyyat for fasting was made at night, i.e. before Subah Sadiq. Thus, if Niyyat was made during the night to fast the following day, and then the fast is broken without valid reason, the Kaffarah penalty comes into effect.
• Kaffarah for flagrantly breaking a fast of Ramadan is to fast 60 consecutive days- sixty days, one after the other, without missing any day in between.
• The Kaffarah will be rendered invalid if for any reason- be it a valid reason, even a single day is omitted during the 60 day-Kaffarah course. Thus if a person fasted for 59 days and failed to fast on the 60th day due to illness, he will have to start the Kaffarah all over again. The only interruption which will not invalidate the Kaffarah is the monthly menses of women.
• A person who is unable to discharge the Kaffarah because of ill-health or very old age, will have to feed 60 poor persons. Each miskeen (poor) should be given two full meals for the day or the amount in cash which is given as Sadaqah Fitr. This amount is the price of approximately 2 kilograms bread flour. Instead of the cash, the flour may also be given.
• A single Ramadan, makes Wajib only one Kaffarah irrespective of the number of fasts flagrantly broken during that Ramadan
• If fasts were flagrantly nullified in more than one Ramadan, the number of Kaffarah will be equal to the number of Ramadans. So if fasts were flagrantly broken in three different Ramadans, three different Kaffarah will be obligatory

SOURCE : www.islamicvoice.com
tanx and God bless u
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by salykely(m): 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
Salam alaikum, please back in my home town we stop eating sahur by 5:30am, i got to akure in ondo state and i kept d practice of 5:30am, but i was just told by mcan that it is 5:15am please what d state of my fastings in akure?
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by spenca: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
saly kely: Salam alaikum, please back in my home town we stop eating sahur by 5:30am, i got to akure in ondo state and i kept d practice of 5:30am, but i was just told by mcan that it is 5:15am please what d state of my fastings in akure?

very much valid as you were ignorant of it , just like the case of drinking water as of you forgetting that you are fasting.

Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by leksighd: 7:23am On Aug 07, 2013
b4 i took Suhur today, I had conversation with my girlfriend on phone, απϑ we spoke some kind O̶̷̩̥̊͡ƒ romantic words απϑ ℓ̊ ejaculated on the verge, nd ℓ̊ couldn't bath janabah b4 ℓ̊ took my meal until ℓ̊ go for fajir prayer...is my fasting nullified
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by MAYOWAAK: 7:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
In the public vehicle today!

A man seated beside me was seriously engrossed in the reading of the Holy Koran, his rosary firmly held with his right hand; suddenly things changed!

The man brought out his mobile phone-A Blackberry, he started chatting through his BBM. And as a jobless man that I was, I was really engrossed with spying on his private messages. Then I saw the name of the person he was chatting with Teju, and in the message i read; 'do you know that Ramadan will be over by tomorrow? Men i have really missed you o! I can't wait till Friday to devour you, just make sure that you watch enough Bleep movies so that we can enjoy with new styles!' I was completely carried away with the long-neck job that I dint know when a terrible knock landed on my head! It was the man that meted out the right punishment on me, i apologised then he said, 'thank your star am still fasting today if not i would have killed you for poke-nosing into my own private affairs.

Then the journey continued, a fat madam made a call and i heard her saying 'Clara abeg arrange the shop well o! Customers go resume on friday again, tell John make hin ice the Canned Beers wella!

Immediately the woman ended her call, my disciplinarian received a call and i heard; 'Comfort, today is the last day of the fast and i won't have your time this week please come on sunday and i promise you that i shall be fun...'

Ahh... I could not hold it any longer so i bust into laughter and unfortunately for me i farted and it smelled so horribly that it caught every ones attention. After receiving 3 heavy punches on my fragile head again by my disciplinarian, i was ejected from the vehicle by the driver!

In the middle of my journey, i have no money but i have ATM Card; this is a bush so how will i locate a bank?

Somebody help me!
Re: Some Things You Need To Know About Ramadhan by BetaThings: 5:04am On Aug 08, 2013
^^^^^^
And your point is?
Representativeness?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Should An Illegitimate Child Be Attributed To? / A Muslim Man Infuriated & frustrated after learning the truth about his religion / Tatbir (flagellation) - A Disturbing Innovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.