Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan (49810 Views)

Police Arrests Notorious Armed Robbers In Port Harcourt (pic) / Abiodun Egunjobi, 'Godogodo', Armed Robber's Fall (Photos) / Lawrence Anini: Life And Death Of Nigeria’s Most Notorious Armed Robber (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by adamooye5(m): 6:17am On Aug 02, 2013
A wanted robbery suspect, Abiodun Ogunjobi, aka Abbey Godogodo, who was said to have been terrorising the South-West for some time, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command.

According to police authorities, the suspect led the gang that killed seven people, including the owner of 04 Hotel, Ajah, Lagos, Olanrewaju Subair, on July 7, 2013.

They also killed two other security guards at a popular hotel along Apapa Road, Ebute Meta area of the state on the same day.

The suspect, who was paraded on Thursday, told PUNCH Metro that he killed many policemen, adding that he had been into robbery for over 10 years and had built houses.

Ogunjobi said, “I started robbery in 1996 but in 1999, I was charged for fighting. I spent about seven years in prison. My prolonged stay in prison for minor crime of fighting hardened me and I vowed to pay back the police for that injustice. After I was released, I went to Katangowa in Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos to meet my friend, Odun.

“Odun was an armed robber, so, we started operating together. We worked with several gangs and I invested lots of my money in arms buying. I also built five houses in Ifo, Ilaro, Ikorodu and Ibadan. I usually kill policemen and take their rifles because policemen have killed several of my boys and taken most of my rifles from them.

“I have no regrets for all I have done. I have no advice for young people, who want to become armed robbers like me. I have three children from three women. The police should take all my properties.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that the 36-year-old suspect was arrested by men of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad at his home in the Egbeda area of Ibadan, Oyo State, after he had been monitored for three weeks.

Policemen attached to SARS, said the suspect narrowly escaped arrest on July 14, 2013 when he and members of his gang engaged SARS operatives in a shoot-out along Eko Bridge, Lagos Island, after they killed two policemen at Ebute-Ero and Ajao Estate respectively.

According to police authorities, the suspect had been evading arrest because he hardly used the same gang members twice.

A police source said, “He is the most notorious armed robber we have had in the South-West in the past 14 years.

“We arrested him 11am on Thursday at his mansion at the Olowu area of Egbeda LGA Ibadan Oyo State and recovered two AK47 rifles and 10 loaded AK47 magazines in his house.

“Godogodo has killed many policemen and civilians. His most recent activity was at Ajah, where he killed the owner of 04 Hotel and eight others, including two policemen few weeks ago. He has also led several bank robberies in Kwara, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti and Oyo states.”

The Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, described the suspect as a notorious criminal, who had been on the radar of the police for some time.

He said the suspect would be given medical treatment and charged to court.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/why-i-dont-have-mercy-for-policemen-robbery-suspect/
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by strangest(m): 6:43am On Aug 02, 2013
One day for the thief... One day for the police...

1 Like

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Leopantro: 7:25am On Aug 02, 2013
Good work
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 02, 2013
Godogodo na town name for Kaduna south o grin
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 02, 2013
grin
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by edoyad(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2013
cogitoErgo: Godogodo na town name for Kaduna south o grin
Who send you?

1 Like

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by freecitizn: 8:03am On Aug 02, 2013
This is another indication that the police could be effective if well oriented and motivated. Guess the motivation for this is self-preservation though as he is alleged to have killed several policemen.

7 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by mancheeutd(m): 8:48am On Aug 02, 2013
edoyad:
Who send you?

and how is that your headache
edoyad:
Who send you?

and how is that your headache
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by IAMBREEZY: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2013
Good
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by princesammmy: 8:52am On Aug 02, 2013
ei don b for him
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Austeenxx: 9:00am On Aug 02, 2013
Yay! Nigerian Police!

Pop pop pop some bottles. cheesy
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by BlackBaron: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2013
A decade of chaos and death.

How come they never have/had him on a Criminal Wanted List? Simple clerical option, would have spared a lot of man hours and lives indirectly over the years.

1 Like

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by amiskurie(m): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2013
e remain yuzedo!
geh gehnnnn! angry

4 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by adamooye5(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2013
BlackBaron: A decade of chaos and death.

How come they never have/had him on a Criminal Wanted List? Simple clerical option, would have spared a lot of man hours and lives indirectly over the years.
He was among the mist wanted people in Lagos,try watch the video.

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 02, 2013
i watched the clipse on channels tv .you need to see how policemen were shooting up in the air and jubilating over the arrest of the notorious armed robber who have been terrorizing the whole of southwest.it is a victory for the nigeria police to catch a criminal who have been declared wanted since 1999.thumbs up to the nigeria police.

4 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by taharqa2: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2013
Good job, Poopoo...
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Temismith(f): 9:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Ok
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by PAPAAFRICA: 9:56am On Aug 02, 2013
In what language does "godogodo" mean hefty man? Yoruba?
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by mekaboy(m): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: i watched the clipse on channels tv .you need to see how policemen were shooting up in the air and jubilating over the arrest of the notorious armed robber who have been terrorizing the whole of southwest.it is a victory for the nigeria police to catch a criminal who have been declared wanted since 1999.thumbs up to the nigeria police.

Since 1999? Took Nigerian police 14yrs to capture this man? Hmmm anyway thank GOD sha.

3 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Mgbadike80: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2013
Frontpage pls
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2013
mekaboy:

Since 1999? Took Nigerian police 14yrs to capture this man? Hmmm anyway thank GOD sha.
that is why he is a notorious criminal.

1 Like

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by gunuvi(m): 11:29am On Aug 02, 2013
Kudos to the Police. We hope he won't escape again tomorrow?

2 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by kehinde1588(m): 11:58am On Aug 02, 2013
K
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by pesty100(m): 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
if it took our police 14 year to catch dis man how long will it take them to capture boko haram leaders

7 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by fabregas04(m): 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
victory at last 4 NP, dis guy has wreck so many havoc in S/W.
Just read it via punch.

2 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Fazhy: 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
His time is UP.

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
pesty100: if it took our polic 14 year to catch dis man how long will it take them to capture boko haram leaders
maybe you should do the mathematics. grin

5 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by olatade(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
amiskurie: e remain yuzedo!
geh gehnnnn! angry

Dat one na goat e dey tief for him banana icelandgrin grin grin
Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Decryptor(m): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
I thought it was only in SE that armed robbery thrives? Or are my eyes deceiving me??

11 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Samoo01: 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
Who arrested him? Lagos State police command or Oyo State police command? And this is what passes for professional reportage in Punch newsroom?

3 Likes

Re: Godogodo (Notorious Armed-Robber), Captured In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2013
The real robbers are not always armed! They live in government house!

34 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Bullion Van In Delta, Cart Away Money / Security Operatives Kill 3 Gunmen In Anambra / EFCC Arrests Suspected Fraudster For $4m Scam (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.