Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Update On The Lagos-badagry Express Road... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update On The Lagos-badagry Express Road... (1041 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday / The State Of Lagos-badagry Express Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On The Lagos-badagry Express Road... by Richbee(m): 10:59am On Aug 02, 2013
I can't help but express my gratitude for the ease of traffic in this road this week. Residents in this part of lagos who often result to trekking have finally made sighs of relieve as the usual 2 to 3 hrs journeying have been cut short to abt an hour journey. This isn't to say that there aint traffic, there actually are but at a minimal and comfortable level. I can't remember when last I saw commercial drivers begging and urging occupants to enter their vehicles at reduced rate, but I stand to say that as at this week, it actually has been the case.
I really do not know who we owe this to, maybe the 'gods' of the road #just saying# or perharps nature, seeing that it really hasn't rained for like a week.
To my esteemed colleagues who ply this road, I'd say you enjoy it while it last and to the rest of the populace, u can now embark on a journey downtown.
Have a splendid weekend!!!
Re: Update On The Lagos-badagry Express Road... by free2ryhme: 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
Richbee: I can't help but express my gratitude for the ease of traffic in this road this week. Residents in this part of lagos who often result to trekking have finally made sighs of relieve as the usual 2 to 3 hrs journeying have been cut short to abt an hour journey. This isn't to say that there aint traffic, there actually are but at a minimal and comfortable level. I can't remember when last I saw commercial drivers begging and urging occupants to enter their vehicles at reduced rate, but I stand to say that as at this week, it actually has been the case.
I really do not know who we owe this to, maybe the 'gods' of the road #just saying# or perharps nature, seeing that it really hasn't rained for like a week.
To my esteemed colleagues who ply this road, I'd say you enjoy it while it last and to the rest of the populace, u can now embark on a journey downtown.
Have a splendid weekend!!!

from monday the 4th is RCCG convention we would see how you long your story will last
Re: Update On The Lagos-badagry Express Road... by naptu2: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
There's already a thread on this topic. Please join us there and provide updates. Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/869785/whats-happening-lagos-badagry-axis
Re: Update On The Lagos-badagry Express Road... by naptu2: 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

from monday the 4th is RCCG convention we would see how you long your story will last

Are you referring to the Lagos-Badagry Expressway or the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway?
Re: Update On The Lagos-badagry Express Road... by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

Read the title of the thread slowly.....

Traffic today on the road is virtually clear. maybe due to it's weekend. On weekdays, that road is terrible as those i know who ply that road have been complaining of how they trek long distance from barracks to Iyana Iba because of the traffic congestion at Volks u-turn.
Another part of the road that needs urgent attention is the portion of road from under bridge( via Trade Fair) to Onireke. That portion of road is a total mess!! angry

As i passed the road today ,i saw CCECC trucks stationed near Abule Ado. seems work on the sandfilling of Abule Ado( by the right) is nearly in completion. will update pictures later.

1 Like

Re: Update On The Lagos-badagry Express Road... by Richbee(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2013
This morning seems to be well peaceful and calm. Traffic is light which is very unusual for a monday morning. I'm so enjoying this ride.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Jonathan Cannot Fight Corruption / Requirements Of Nigeria National ID Card / Nigeria's BMW Scandal: Oduah And The Triumph Of Corruption-punch NEWSPAPER EDITO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.