Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,201 members, 7,849,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos (2862 Views)

Obiano Flags Off Housing Estate Project, Inspects Ongoing Roads, Bridges (photos / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by IleIfe2(m): 8:24am On Aug 03, 2013
bobthebuilder99: So sad that they Igbos feel the need to constantly attack the South West.

Especially when we are the only region that supports itself with it's own political party and it's own taxes. The FG is failing every other region of Nigeria, yet they spend so much time worrying about us.

Really makes me mad.

I kid you not, Its very irritating and its getting too much.
Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by awodman: 9:38am On Aug 03, 2013
ba7man: He's fighting for the the roads that serve as the main drivers of the State economy. Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Ikorodu-Road, Oshodi-Apapa Expressway. He built the Lekki toll bridge and Lekki-Ajah expressway to serve as a generator of constant funds. Why do you think its located where the rich reside??

If you settle down to study him, he's far more intelligent than you think.
So when roads where seperated and marked federal and state roads the drafters of those policies where stupid?..why will he be interested in those roads if not for cheap political gains?..has the FG said they won't or they don't have the capacity to effect major repairs on those roads?..there are alot of state roads in Lagos that are equally of economic importance,are they all in good shape?..and please don't mention Lekki-Ajah expressway which has not been completed but is currently been tolled..

I know you love Fashola alot but you need to be rational about it..

1 Like

Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by ba7man(m): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2013
awodman:
So when roads where seperated and marked federal and state roads the drafters of those policies where stupid?..why will he be interested in those roads if not for cheap political gains?..has the FG said they won't or they don't have the capacity to effect major repairs on those roads?..there are alot of state roads in Lagos that are equally of economic importance,are they all in good shape?..and please don't mention Lekki-Ajah expressway which has not been completed but is currently been tolled..

I know what I'm saying here. Those FG roads are the most important roads in the State and for decades, the FG has neglected them. The bad state Oshodi-Apapa, Badagry Expressway are currently is as a result of that neglect. Sometimes, its almost as if there's no FG presence in Lagos.

I mentioned Ajah Lekki Expressway because it leads to the Free-Trade Zone and as we speak, work is currently being done on it.
Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by ba7man(m): 10:31am On Aug 03, 2013
awodman:

Did you read the thread on "Shameful five minutes to Nigeria's busiest airport".....That's another neglected federal road.

Fashola has being agitating to fix it too. If he does and plants trees along it, will you term the move political or call him "flower planter" like some people do??

The most economically Important roads in Lagos are FG roads and the state can't function effectively if they're left in the state the FG wishes them.

Annointing flows from the top. You fix the most important stuffs first before undertaking the lesser ones.
Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by awodman: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2013
ba7man: Did you read the thread on "Shameful five minutes to Nigeria's busiest airport".....That's another neglected federal road.

Fashola has being agitating to fix it too. If he does and plants trees along it, will you term the move political or call him "flower planter" like some people do??

The most economically Important roads in Lagos are FG roads and the state can't function effectively if they're left in the state the FG wishes them.

Annointing flows from the top. You fix the most important stuffs first before undertaking the lesser ones.
You are still blowing hot air..the FG has never said they won't fix the road and they have not begged for anyone's assistance..the Oshodi-Apapa road is been worked on by JB..yea I read the five minutes of shame and it should interest you to know that the airport road is currently been handed over to a private company on a PPP model..so clearly the FG doesn't need Fashola's help..

The allocation coming to Fashola and the IGR he generates is clearly for improving the conditions of asset owned exclusively by his state and to build new ones..even the Lagos-Badagry he took over what's the rate of progress on the road.

Pls tell the intelligent Governor to face issues with his state just like the bridge in this thread and stop playing to the gallery using FG roads..enuf said

1 Like

Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by ba7man(m): 11:39am On Aug 03, 2013
awodman:
You are still blowing hot air..the FG has never said they won't fix the road and they have not begged for anyone's assistance..the Oshodi-Apapa road is been worked on by JB..yea I read the five minutes of shame and it should interest you to know that the airport road is currently been handed over to a private company on a PPP model..so clearly the FG doesn't need Fashola's help..

The allocation coming to Fashola and the IGR he generates is clearly for improving the conditions of asset owned exclusively by his state and to build new ones..even the Lagos-Badagry he took over what's the rate of progress on the road.

Pls tell the intelligent Governor to face issues with his state just like the bridge in this thread and stop playing to the gallery using FG roads..enuf said
You guys might like to wait for the FG to do things for you wherever you are but we've stopped doing that in the West. Its called "Taking matters concerning you into your own hands"....not leaving it in the hands of the FG.

Those roads are major issues concerning the state, they are the State's lifeline so its only right Fashola is concerned about them.

In the human body, when u burst your capilliaries you can still function effectively but when your main veins and arteries are burst, you bleed out and die. Same with these roads in Lagos.

For a state to function effectively, goods and services have to move between different locations on those primary roads owned by the FG, not within neigbourhoods on feeder roads owned by the State Govt. Fix the primary roads first and the secondary ones will follow....He waited for the FG, they were foot dragging and he took over the responsibility.

Its not about politics or fixing roads, its about fixing a State's economy. That's why Lagos is clearly growing faster than the rest.....or how would you do it if you were in his shoes?? Keep waiting the same way they've been waiting for a 2nd Niger bridge in the East??
Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by ba7man(m): 12:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
@ Awodman. How would you do it if you were Governor?? Will you fix feeder roads first and wait for the FG to fix the main roads while pot-holes cause traffic gridlocks, trailers falling with their containers, an unsightly environment, slow movement of goods and services all in the name of Politiking?? That's the reason Nigeria never moved ahead all this while.

This is something that was taught in Economics class in secondary school. Fashola is applying it and you want him to wait for one FG because of Politics??
Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by bloggernaija: 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2013
awodman:

Leave it Like the bad airport road which is the first thing a first time visitor to the country sees(first impression)
Like the road leading to the ports of an import dependent country(anenih has that covered)
HERE IN THE SOUTHWEST , YOU PAY TAXES, GET THAT.
THAT WAS HOW LAGOS BECAME THE CHIEF TRADING PORT IN WEST AFRICA BEFORE THE PORTUGESE
YOU DO NOT BUILD EMPIRES WITH WATERS ,STONES AND BLUFF.
A GOOD ADMINISTRATOR WOULD LEVERAGE EVERY POSSIBILTY TO RAISE FUNDS.
THAT IS WHAT HIS PEOPLE EXPECT
YOUR COMMENT REVEALS ONE THING.

YOU WILL NEVER BELONG.
FROM MOST OF US FROM THE SW , THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT EXIST
Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by awodman: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
ba7man: @ Awodman. How would you do it if you were Governor?? Will you fix feeder roads first and wait for the FG to fix the main roads while pot-holes cause traffic gridlocks, trailers falling with their containers, an unsightly environment, slow movement of goods and services all in the name of Politiking?? That's the reason Nigeria never moved ahead all this while.

This is something that was taught in Economics class in secondary school. Fashola is applying it and you want him to wait for one FG because of Politics??
If I was Fashola I will concentrate on my feeder roads then constantly appeal to FG to do justice to those roads..and since am already aware that something is been done,I will do a thorough follow-up to ensure that things are speeded up..rather than playing to the gallery and accusing FG of preventing me from constructing the road when clearly am still struglin to finish up the ones I have already taken up like Lekki-Ajah,Lagos-Badagry..

In summary if am Fashola I wouldn't bite more than I can chew..

1 Like

Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by lukaino(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2013
And this thread never made front page.. so sad how we reason on this forum.
most people are so quick to pull the tribal card on any issue brought forward for discussion.
Back to the issue on ground, a look at the breakdown of the population figures of Lagos would reveal areas with huge population of people who pay their taxes in Lagos, little wonder these areas become the toast of the politicians during electioneering campaigns. Unfortunately in this case, Alimosho is in that category. The case of Alimosho is likened to that of the Niger delta region which produces bulk of the Nation's wealth but have little or nothing to show for it.
how many votes do they record in the Island where their focus seems to remain. Fashola has a short time in office and it would only be wise for him to address this mess for the sake of equity and fairness.
I implore those who have not been to this area to try and do so before hitting their key pads.
Re: Tale Of Two Link Bridges In Lagos by anonimi: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2013
There are two possibilities:

1. The first bridge was photo-shopped
2. The first bridge is in place that is NOT part of Lagos, the "Centre of Excellence" where the "best governor in the world" is in charge for the past six years.
shocked shocked shocked

sarcastic mode.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Too Bad: Landlady’s Children Cut male Tenant’s Private Part (photos) / Lindaikeji A Story Of Love Turn Hate / How Buhari Planned To Islamize Nigeria: 1978 Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.