Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,028 members, 7,863,690 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

In A Heated Board Meeting, Wenger Was Told To Offer £40m For Suarez - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / In A Heated Board Meeting, Wenger Was Told To Offer £40m For Suarez (427 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Luis Suarez Bites Branislav Ivanovich / Old Trafford Abuse Of Wenger Was Vile And Totally Unacceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In A Heated Board Meeting, Wenger Was Told To Offer £40m For Suarez by donquan(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
You didn’t see that shocker on the BBC and or in any newspaper, and you won’t see this one either.

Right now, I can’t give you all of it. But I can give you enough to chew on.

In a heated board meeting, Wenger refused to spend big on Suarez.

Chips Cheswick and Phil Harris are pushing him to do deals.

But Wenger said : I’m not paying that for him.

Then the board ordered Wenger to make an offer of £40 million. They said, “Go to £40 millon. We’re instructing you to go to £40 million.”

And Liverpool have said: He’s yours for £50 million.

Centreback prices are so high that Wenger was looking at two centrebacks who are unknown to you or me or anybody else. He’s decided not to buy either of them.

He thinks Sagna can do the job and that’s not as crazy as it sounds. The mobile Sagna is great in the air for his size and is the best natural defender at the club.

Fellaini's clause is August 15 and nothing will happen before then.

Wenger has Kroenke’s ear and Stan says : You’re in charge, do whatever you want. I’ll make sure the board support me.

It’s stalemate.

Wenger is saying: I’m not paying more than 40. And Liverpool are saying :He’s your player for 50.

You all wanted to know what’s happening at your club. Now you do.

The Board are telling Wenger : We’ve lost all credibility with the fans, you have to buy Suarez.

And Wenger is able to stall because the owner has told him to do what he wants to do.
Re: In A Heated Board Meeting, Wenger Was Told To Offer £40m For Suarez by achyc2002(m): 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
I know the problem nd solution of arsenal is wenger. Is policy doesn't fit into dis days football. Trophy or no Trophy, I remain an Arsenal fan. Up Gooners.

(1) (Reply)

The English Premier Starts Today: Can Your Favourite Club Win The League? / Mourinho Sets Champions League Target / EPL : Stoke City Vs Arsenal On December 6 At 4pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.