Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,365 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

20 Interesting Things About Water Birth - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth (25369 Views)

Info About Water Birth (baby Delivery In Water) / 20 Interesting Facts You Don't Know About Your Tongue / 10 Interesting Things About Veiled Births (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Ishilove: 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
If you come from a background where marine spirit were involved with your ancestors, kindly don't try water birth...for very obvious reasons.

1 Like

Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Abiyamo: 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
ROTFLMAO!!! grin
Ishilove: If you come from a background where marine spirit are involved with your ancestors, kindly don't try water birth...for very obvious reasons.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Jaywilzee(m): 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2013
Dis oyibos self...I'm sure they got this idea after watchin d movie 'APOCALYPTO'... grin
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Damsman10(m): 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
paul_288@yahoo.:
why do we human beings like making things complicated for ourselves, i don't see any sense in dis undecided
we all should be thankful to God for protection...we human beings jst keep xperimentin useless finz... A lameman will tell u it has more disadvantages dan advantage...
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
Birthing pools dont have to be expensive. Just search youtube. Plenty of people have birthed in very cheap "pools" around $50. And many planned unassisted ones have occurred in the bathtub. grin
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Ishilove: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
Abiyamọ: ROTFLMAO!!! grin
Ha, you are laughing? It's not funny o. What happens is that the child is immediately possessed by marine spirits that may or may not start manifesting in the child's life before the age of seven.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by calddon(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
mtcheew oyibo get problem
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by haibe(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
Akshow: This birth type de somehow o. So d blood comin out of d woman and her water will all be in the bath tub Abi? Isn't that unhealthy? When the baby crown and there is a little delay wont the water in the tub fill the baby's nostril? I dont subscribe for this kind birth at all at all. Nice one @ poster

that's the problem with africans, brother please read the post from beginning to end, your doubts has been answered.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by trolling(m): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
Ishilove: If you come from a background where marine spirit were involved with your ancestors, kindly don't try water birth...for very obvious reasons.
supestitious ishi cheesy
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by trolling(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
Awelechukwu16: Unknowingly initiated the innocent child into water spirit.
so what do u say about water baptism, mrs superstitous
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by trolling(m): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
adeaugustus: Unsafe delivery method!
Don't compare the Amniotic fluid with water. They're two different thing.

Do you even know why baby cry when they're born? They cry because they're need oxygen badly! If you have a long delivery, take for instance the baby did not come out once, then am sorry for you...

Relaxing during pregnancy is a bad idea, as it would not allow the proper continuation of Positive feedback mechanism which is very important during paturation.
were they deprived of oxygen in the womb if thats the reason why they cry,or in those watersack that they are encased in isnt oxygen an element in water,abeg tell your story to babies wink me i wan surmise say dem cry because they are being born into a world of trouble
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by trolling(m): 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Ishilove:
Ha, you are laughing? It's not funny o. What happens is that the child is immediately possessed by marine spirits that may or may not start manifesting in the child's life before the age of seven.
haha too much nollywood movies grin
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Abiyamo: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
....because they are being born into a world of trouble grin grin grin
trolling: were they deprived of oxygen in the womb if thats the reason why they cry,or in those watersack that they are encased in isnt oxygen an element in water,abeg tell your story to babies wink me i wan surmise say dem cry because they are being born into a world of trouble
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by ignis: 6:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hmmmmmn
There is nothing one won't hear. Very soon it will be wine birth.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by horlabiyi(m): 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2013
WTF
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by texasbreed: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
nothing wrong with waterbirth...its scientifically proven....it has good benefits on the child also. No harm in trying it...ps. its not end of the world things... shocked shocked[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by wayodude(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
Nigerians are backward sha...kai see comments!! Marine spirit ni, initiation ko plus blood water in baby nostrils hahahahahahaa

This thing is not even news in the developed world. lol

The funny thing is as soon as one 'naija big man's' wife does it all of you will rush to follow as in..thats the new level to show you have made it LoL
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by dominique(f): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
Naija! I hail thee!!! We sure don't like trying out new things. Waterbirth gini? grin grin grin

But the article really answered a lot of questions I had in mind regarding the procedure. Thumbs up smiley
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by MANOSUB(m): 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
I prefer the conventional way of giving birth, especially when the woman has to ly on her back. The new discovery does not appeal to my senses. I see it as barbaric, brain washing, unsafe and a standard for the doctors economy!
That is what they do if they want to enslave the world, by making you believe that they are salvaging for the feature. The other time it was controlled seedling and the ground for planting, so that the crop or any other crop does not grow on the soil without u buying the chemical from them, again it is growing beef from stem cell without telling us the side effect of that.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
Ladies were not meant to give birth laying on their backs. That is the worst labor position.

MANOSUB: I prefer the conventional way of giving birth, especially when the woman has to ly on her back. The new discovery does not appeal to my senses. I see it as barbaric, brain washing, unsafe and a standard for the doctors economy!
That is what they do if they want to enslave the world, by making you believe that they are salvaging for the feature. The other time it was controlled seedling and the ground for planting, so that the crop or any other crop does not grow on the soil without u buying the chemical from them, again it is growing beef from stem cell without telling us the side effect of that.

1 Like

Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by HirstMOG(m): 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lizboh: if we no copy oyibos who we go con copy. I dont know why nigerians are always afriad to move forward.

must u copy everytin?na ppl like u dey copy person name join duri exam.na ppl lik u go still sit dwn nau dey fight 4 gay ryt all in d name of movin 4ward.rubbish.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by HirstMOG(m): 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
texasbreed: nothing wrong with waterbirth...its scientifically proven....it has good benefits on the child also. No harm in trying it...ps. its not end of the world things... shocked shocked[color=#990000][/color]

u don 1st tell ur family members since na water-birth dey hungry u.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by agohavivi(f): 8:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Ladies were not meant to give birth laying on their backs. That is the worst labor position.

That's the position I know and also familiar with. If I may ask, what's the most appropriate position. I had my two kids lying on my back and had no problems whatsoever.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Jiteshell(f): 8:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
adeaugustus: Unsafe delivery method!
Don't compare the Amniotic fluid with water. They're two different thing.

Do you even know why baby cry when they're born? They cry because they're need oxygen badly! If you have a long delivery, take for instance the baby did not come out once, then am sorry for you...

Relaxing during pregnancy is a bad idea, as it would not allow the proper continuation of Positive feedback mechanism which is very important during paturation.
babies start cryn after the muscus has been has been suckd out of d mouth and nostrils, it's probably on very rare cases that the child cries immediately it comes out. I doubt if it even happens
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Jiteshell(f): 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
woodcook: Quite interesting. Do those places that run such services have reserve pool? If one has to rent one themselves is it advisable to rent a reserve as well and set both up such the lady poos? I know some women poo in the processing of delivery. I could imagine the husband/boyfriend inside the birth-pool and there comes the unimaginable.
Enema is always given to women in labour, this extracts all the faeces in their system before birth starts. It's before that stuffs lyk that happen.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by touchmeder: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
Truly educative, i dont think we are ready for this in Nigeria yet o. ive watched so many documentaries on it, it was always interesting to watch, although i recall an episode where the baby was not breathing and it was pure panic but the emergency guys were around in a heartbeat. In all it was always a feeling of a very natural birth atmosphere. some of the women even had the birthing pool in their living room with loved ones around.

dont think of this if you have complications in your pregnancy o.
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Rexyl(m): 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
totally strange to me.just reading over it
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Rohzay(m): 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2013
naughtybynature: U for kukuma go stream or ocean go born d pikin,must we copy everything d oyibos do.
...............liv am,,she won born mammywater
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Nmeri17: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
we never pass 'dry' birth finish na to go follow oyibo wey don graduate to water birth. Our infant mortality rate go just pass zero enter negative
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by chucky234(m): 2:23am On Aug 04, 2013
Another plan to add to the number of ogbanjes in circulation.
Water birth ko, pool ni
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Caleboha(m): 9:33am On Aug 04, 2013
I've taken a couple of deliveries in my little life. Many of the women poop severally while pushing. If this happens in a bath tub we'll end up with a soakaway!!! undecided
Re: 20 Interesting Things About Water Birth by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
Abiyamọ: Wait, wait, what's this?. The main function of the liquor amnii (amniotic fluid) is to serve as a protective cushion for the baby while in the womb against blows and allowing for proper development. Amniotic fluid itself does not serve any purpose once the baby is out so I don't get your comparison with water. And the foetus gets the nutrients from the PLACENTA. And babies do not cry at birth because they need oxygen badly, as a matter of fact, not all babies cry at birth. Nobody knows exactly and for sure why they cry at birth, some do, some do not. However, we know that crying at birth has its functions such as help clearing the lungs which is actually full of amniotic fluid at birth. Relaxing during pregnancy is bad? It will affect the positive feedback mechanism Ha! What?! Maybe you explain that better. At any rate, there is nothing called paturation. Unless you are referring to parturition.

Sorry for the typo.

Let me explain the principle of positive feedback mechanism to you...

The body is expected to be in complete homeostasis for you to remain healthy, but this is almost impossible, due to different reasons. So as nature will have it, we have different control system in the body that is responsible for the maintenance of homeostasis. Most of the control system are Negative feedback, i.e. When something is happening somewhere, the body through receptor sends message to the brain and the brain send message back by instructing the process to stop, that's the simple English of negative feedback.

Positive feedback on the other hand is very rare and it may lead to death, the simple English explanation is this: When something unusual is happening and the brain receives signal and instead of instructing it to stop, it instructs the process to continue, example is during child birth and blood clot.

When a pregnant woman is in labour, what happens is that, the womb contracts, and the foetus head hits the cervix, this process continues until delivery. Positive feedback is what helps the womb to contract. This explanation is a bit simple, but it's a complicated medical process that would probably have no meaning to you if you're not in the medical field.

Shey you don get am now? As in why relaxing during child birth no good?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gaining Weight / Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative / 290 New COVID-19 Cases, 160 Discharged And 5 Deaths On August 10 - (2100 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.