Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative (25377 Views)

NCDC Activates Anambra COVID-19 Testing Centre / Coronavirus: Wike Reveals Identity Of Rivers Index Case, Close Down Markets / Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by BlackBuhari: 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano has announced that the COVID-19 Index Case in the state, which has remained the only, has tested negative to the ailment.

The state registered its index case of the virus last Friday, while about 29 persons who had contacts with him were also quarantined.

But Obiano in a special broadcast to citizens of the state on Saturday said the index Case, after one week of treatment, has tested negative and would be discharged after one more test.

Obiano said, “One week ago, I announced to you that our dear state had recorded an Index-Case of the COVID-19 pandemic that has forced the world to a standstill in the past few months.

“Today, I am delighted to announce that the report reaching me from the Protective Care Center indicates that our Index Case is responding very well to treatment. In fact, the first post-treatment result from the Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC) returned Negative for SARS-CoV 2.

“However, following the standards which have been rigorously applied by NCDC since the outbreak of the pandemic in Nigeria, he will go for a second round of tests before he can be conclusively declared negative. We shall continue to remember him in our prayers as he fights his way back from this illness.”

The governor added that “As I assured in my last broadcast, our medical team has successfully tracked 39 people who had direct contact with the Index Case. Out of this number, 5 are in our Protective Care Center while the rest are quarantined at home.

“The people in our Protective Care Center are stable and have shown no symptoms of the virus so far. Similarly, the people in Home Quarantine are being closely monitored in strict compliance with the WHO guidelines on COVID-19 containment.

“Meanwhile, six people out of the 39 contacts have tested negative for Coronavirus. These are people who met directly with the Index Case 14 days ago. Ndi Anambra, this is something to be cheerful about.

“Similarly, out of 20 samples tested for the virus from Anambra State so far, only the Index Case returned Positive. The rest are negative. Ndi Anambra, this result gives us enough elbow room to fight this monster by adhering to the principles of Social Distancing, maintaining thorough personal hygiene and obeying government directives and policies on the COVID-19 pandemic. I have no doubt that if we keep the rules, we shall be in a good position to kick COVID-19 out of our dear state.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/04/18/breaking-anambra-covid-19-index-case-tests-negative/

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by BlackBuhari: 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
tongue tongue
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Avalancheman: 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nice.

"Nigerian-used" Coronavirus is one that is contracted from an infected non-returnee from abroad.

It is not deadly.

Coronavirus is not for Africa.

End the scam lockdown already. Don't allow Nigerians from abroad to return home.

We are good to go!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by PHIPEX(m): 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2020
Great news but Obiano should have waited till the 2nd mandatory test read negative

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by BlackBuhari: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
PHIPEX:
Great news but Obiano should have waited till the 2nd mandatory test read negative

Bro the man is never Positive ..... Am in Awka Anambra State .... the man is from Adazi enu .... His name is Okw........kwu Odu......u .....

Don't worry after his release , you will hear scores !!!

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by dinomelaye04: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
HI JO
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by chrisifeanyi: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
Pls when is Abakaliki street re-opening again? I miss Nwoke Udi joint

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by SaveTony: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Praise Almighty God

10 Likes

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Was there any positive case before?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by ignis: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good news....

I am always excited any time I hear that a COVID-19 patient tests negative. It reminds me that we shall surely overcome this phase.

35 Likes

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Heffalump(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Honestly, the only interesting thing about Covid-19 now is the story of anyone who tested negative tongue
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by drizslim(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ok
But when is the government doing giveaway??
E don red las las

003144_3273 Access

1 Like

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by athaboi(f): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Make una free person pikin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Mansec: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
K
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by masterP042(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Finally south east is free. Umu chineke will not experience the diseases of the Egyptians.
Our God will be fighting for us, no matter how pharoah(buhari) plans to intimidate us.. One day we will be free. And chorus our anthem with pride.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Nostradamus1: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
Udonminit

U mean Obiano himself claimed the index case was negative, something is wrong somewhere

I just remembered that they will be having a second test to "CONCLUSIVELY DECLARE" something

Sha just know that test MUST be INCONCLUSIVE

1 Like

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Lynx001: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
The president that is supposed to give them their own grant as a state with corona virus is dead. Client don die na. anyway goodnews.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by YorubaKinging: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
The end is near

The tools of the devils are already in place

They need just to move the pieces just to fit their purpose, just like this coronaVirus lockdown shit

Do not be deceived that things is going to go back to normal again

This is the beggining of sorrows

Also don't be surprised when you see fake isreal being one of the first countries accepting the VACCINES

They are not the biblical isreal, they are there to distract and to deceive

They were purposely created 71 years ago to deceive the world in this end time

First the Antichrist will make peace between isreal and Palestine

And then isreal will embrace science and technology rather than religion

Do not fall for them
The True isrealites knows themselves even thought many don't know

I LL keep shouting until you believe me

And events that will happen between now and 2023 will prove me right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Joefat: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thank God
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by sammyj: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
grin This is case of false negative matter! grin but it will still be in database Archives that Anambra has one Corona virus case!! grin shocked
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Fragility6: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
shei d man talk am. Anambra govt say 'he is not in his right frame of mind'. Who cum look like fool now. In a sane country, Anambra govt. 4 pay damages 2 d man

11 Likes

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by johnkay1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good news
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by gift2xl: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
It's happening.
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by MelesZanawi: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thank you Holy Mary, Mother of God.
Next is to seal up the state against cases from other places, especially Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by gift2xl: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
It's happening

1 Like

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Hisincrease: 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good one.
God bless Ndi Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by AntiChristian: 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good news! Alhamdulillah!

May Allah grant Abba Kyari Paradise. Aamin.

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Blossomfirst(f): 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by airminem(f): 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
angry

Please allow those who died of Corona to rest in peace

RIP

1 Like

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Mikkymilli: 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good news.

Meanwhile, i just asked for financial assistance yesterday in the thread that ncdc announced the 51 new cases. I needed the cash alot but I just reluctantly sent the plea, still hoping that someone would send something anyway. Woke up this morning to see a 3k alert. Whoever that is, I know I spent time this morning talking to God about you. I will not say everything here but if you're reading this, just know that you and your generations to come will be celebrated for good in this life. Thank you so very much.

19 Likes

Re: Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
Abeg discharge him and lift the lockdown abeg, my babe is trapped there and might be approached by wrong prick if care is not taken

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

290 New COVID-19 Cases, 160 Discharged And 5 Deaths On August 10 - (2100 Tested) / Help On Permanent Cure For Bad Breath / Sanwo-Olu: Any Malaria-Like Symptoms Should Be Considered To Be COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.