Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. (1703 Views)

An Unbiased View On Kogi State Election. / Buhari might not Win The Just Concluded Elections - Unbiased Analysis / Abia State: An Unbiased Evaluation Of An Unsung Hero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
Thanks
Most igbos are actually very objective and patriotic, I am always surprised when I read posts by tribalist on NL, trust me they don't represent 1% of igbos in general same for other tribes.

That is exactly what I found out today from my discussion with some Igbos in North Carolina. The most vocals ones are in the minority, while the silent and objective ones are in the majority.

1 Like

Re: An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. by mekaboy(m): 12:05am On Aug 04, 2013
Duru1:

I suggest you go through your post again especially where you made conclusive remarks such as “If the people had no homes or jobs, then to me it is a security risk”.

Nobody has made Lagos State deportation an Igbo issue but from you assertions it seems okay if the deportation has been carried out by another state other than Lagos State. You have already branded a person without a job as a security risk.

Lack of job does not mean risk or conveys sense of criminality. Again, state government can rehabilitate a citizen but does not have any right to forcefully relocate such individual from one state of the federating units of Nigeria to another.

I have not said it is wrong to be destitute or not having any job. It is a security risk to have pple who have no jobs and homes sleeping on the street. We we say pple who have no jobs, I am not referring to a university graduate who is unemployed , we r talking about someone who has not been to school, did not acquire any skills and won't engage in labor work in building project.

How will such person survive, ofcourse the chances that such a person will engage in crime are high.

Now according to fasholas part of the story, those people were taken in for training, and after the 6months they requested to be taken back to onitsha. It is on this bases that I felt its ok to take them in for training rather than leave them on the street which is risky.

I never supported deportation, I asked if they decided on their own to return to onitsha. Pls go through all the question before concluding.
Re: An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. by IleIfe2(m): 3:27am On Aug 04, 2013
Eze Promoe: Fashola's presidential ambition is dead on arrival. PERIOD!

Oh, is that what the attack is all about? but i have not heard him show interest in becoming the President. He scares you people right? hmmmmmm
Re: An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. by fiscalcliff: 7:36am On Aug 04, 2013
Many numerous anti Fashola threads sprang up from this issue which suddenly have a life force
Does anyone perceive 2015 national politics behind this
This issue has been blown out of proportion

[b]Was Anambra State not informed before hand from correspondences between then and LASG
Why did they freeze official correspondence
Were other states from the North and West recipients of those relocated?
While Fashola and by extension the LASG should have handled this issue more circumspectly, why are the Ibos crying more than the bereavedundecided
Why are they making this appear as a targeted action at ONLY Ibos
Apart from Lagos (and if I recall well Kano) NO OTHER state in Nigeria has people from other tribes as serving commissioners (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG)
Will a 'tribal' governor do that?
How come Ngige had the common sense to directly hear from Fashola on this matter but Obi lacks the sense of a goose in this regardundecided
Why take to newspapers to project the victims stories without hearing from the LASG officially?
Why did Obi petition the president rather than seek legal redress in the courts? Is Jonathan now a legal arbiter? Does this not point to political undertones? undecided
Whatever happened to hearing both sides of an issue before passing judgementundecided
I still agree this relocation could have been better handled,its very tardy as it was carried out[/b]

Yet truly as Fashola said,this outburst is not because of those dropped off at Anambra,rather it is about political ammunition for the coming state gubernatorial elections cool

1 Like

Re: An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. by mekaboy(m): 8:35am On Aug 04, 2013
fiscalcliff: Many numerous anti Fashola threads sprang up from this issue which suddenly have a life force
Does anyone perceive 2015 national politics behind this
This issue has been blown out of proportion

[b]Was Anambra State not informed before hand from correspondences between then and LASG
Why did they freeze official correspondence
Were other states from the North and West recipients of those relocated?
While Fashola and by extension the LASG should have handled this issue more circumspectly, why are the Ibos crying more than the bereavedundecided
Why are they making this appear as a targeted action at ONLY Ibos
Apart from Lagos (and if I recall well Kano) NO OTHER state in Nigeria has people from other tribes as serving commissioners (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG)
Will a 'tribal' governor do that?
How come Ngige had the common sense to directly hear from Fashola on this matter but Obi lacks the sense of a goose in this regardundecided
Why take to newspapers to project the victims stories without hearing from the LASG officially?
Why did Obi petition the president rather than seek legal redress in the courts? Is Jonathan now a legal arbiter? Does this not point to political undertones? undecided
Whatever happened to hearing both sides of an issue before passing judgementundecided
I still agree this relocation could have been better handled,its very tardy as it was carried out[/b]

Yet truly as Fashola said,this outburst is not because of those dropped off at Anambra,rather it is about political ammunition for the coming state gubernatorial elections cool

You have a point though, Nigeria is already soaked in political fuel, so anything that happens now is like lighting a match and dropping in fuel.
Re: An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. by thirty(m): 8:49am On Aug 04, 2013
datChelseaBoy: Fashola is starting a war he cannot end. Don't forget Nazi Germany, don't forget Yugoslavia, don't forget Rwanda and don't forget Biafra

Correct me if i am right.
For every 50 years, Igbo citizens will always start tribal war and consume by it if you dont stop beating the drum of war.
Mark my word.
Re: An Unbiased View Of The Lagos Deportation. by mindtricks: 9:02am On Aug 04, 2013
Lagos aint that safe no more.
If you're poor and you're in Lagos - you're in Trouble.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Governors Pose for Pictures with Fani Kayode / Pack Your Shiit With your Mouth, Nigeria soldiers told a civilian At Gun Point / Why I Shouldn't Be Voted In The Next Elections - GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.