Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! (6754 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr / Happy Eid ul Adha To All Muslims In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by Ademo2: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
Allahu akbar,vry nice rityup,may Allah accept our fasting,Eid-Mubarak
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by ashlamonki: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nice one broda,Jazakum lahi khaer.Ramadan mubarak!
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by aminu150(m): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
jazakallah bil khair
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by Ayoobscom(m): 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
At my age 5 to 12,by now my new clothes would ve been ironed and kept under my pillow, I check on it each time I wake up to ease myself,and i iron it like again on the salah day to straighten the gator..

And upon returning from Eid,I headed to play street football with same pampered clothes...

I missed those days lol
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by deols(f): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ayoobscom: At my age 5 to 12,by now my new clothes would ve been ironed and kept under my pillow, I check on it each time I wake up to ease myself,and i iron it like again on the salah day to straighten the gator..

And upon returning from Eid,I headed to play street football with same pampered clothes...

I missed those days lol

Why stop? You can do that still.

I like to make my eid special. I am hop3ful that nothing will stop the 'special' that goes with it.

1 Like

Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by Walexz02(m): 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nice piece, may Allah accept our ibada?
Happy Eid grin
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by eedris85(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
jazakum llahu khaeran.
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by DMainMan: 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
Happy Eid in advance.
May Allah (SWT) accept our gud deeds as act of Ibadah. May He save us from d torment of d grave and grant us paradise. Amin

1 Like

Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by jumzzy448: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
Jazakunllahu khairan.
Will definitely stick to these Insha Allah.
Barka da Sallah in advance.
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by fapcrook(m): 12:17am On Aug 07, 2013
Thanking God Almighty Allah. I love Ramadan.
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by PENMIGHT(m): 6:45am On Aug 07, 2013
Falya'budu Rabba adha-l- bayt- (Surat Quraish- 3).

" So let them worship(Allah) the Lord of this House(Ka'abah'.

As dignified as the Ka'abah is,Allah directs us to worship Him,not it.

By inference,as blessed and glorified as Ramadhan is,we should not be muslims cos of Ramadhan or only in the month but we should worship Allah (always), the Originator of ramadhan.

Ramadhan will come and go,but Allah goes no where.

LET US BE MUSLIMS!---

@OP,JazaakaLlahu khayr.

1 Like

Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by olupentane(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2013
Sallam
I saw someone measuring their family zakatul fitr with a mudu, but I'm not she's doing it the right way.

After filling the mudu with rice, normally a heap would be formed, but she made it flat, such that the rice level with the rim of the mudu( yoruba: ipinreju). you know if you are buying a cup of rice you'ld definately not accept that measurement. just want to know if the mudu's case is different.
Sallam.
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 07, 2013
nice write up...mosha Allah...
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by AbdH: 7:00am On Aug 07, 2013
Masha'Allah.
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by PENMIGHT(m): 7:52am On Aug 07, 2013
olupentane: Sallam
I saw someone measuring their family zakatul fitr with a mudu, but I'm not she's doing it the right way.

After filling the mudu with rice, normally a heap would be formed, but she made it flat, such that the rice level with the rim of the mudu( yoruba: ipinreju). you know if you are buying a cup of rice you'ld definately not accept that measurement. just want to know if the mudu's case is different.
Sallam.
Wa alaykum salam.

From Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allaah(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoinedzakaat al-fitr, a saa’ of dates, or a saa’ of barley, upon all the Muslims, slave and free, male and female, young and old, and he commanded that it be paid before the people went out to pray.” Agreed upon.

So what is a Saa'? A Saa' consist of 4 measurements of Mu'd( mudu). The scholar agreed that the Saa' is a measure of volume. For instance, a Saa'a is approximately 3kg of Rice. It is also regarded that a scoop of measurement of the two palms of an averagely-built person equals a Mu'd.

Based on this, if you are using rice as the staple food ,either of the choices above suffices as required per head, in shaa Allaah.

The Problem is our own definition( in Nigeria) of "mudu".

1st "Mudu" is that which is used in markets(mostly lagos) for measurement. This is not the mudu referred to by the messenger.

2nd "Mudu" is that which is locally fabricated for measurement on occassions of Zakat-ul fitri like this. You usually find this sold in mosque and some designated areas. There are commonly two(2) types of this.

(A) The small one- this is the approximate measurement of the Prophet's prescription. Four(4) of this makes a Saa'-a measurement/person. This is the measurement that best fit the name "mudu"

(B) The bigger one- this is erroneously called the "mudu" but is actually best referred to as a Saa'. One measurement of this is required per person.

NOTE- Both A and B can be used. AND BOTH ARE A MEASUREMENT OF THE SURFACE LEVEL MEASUREMENT( ipereju) NOT HEAPED. Whoever gives heaped,threads a path of caution and get extra rewarded, in shaa Allaah.

This is the standard. Any other measurement( like milk tin and kongo or regular market mudu) are only derivatives of this standard and recourse should be made for conversion to this standard if they are to be used.
Allaah knows best!

1 Like

Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 07, 2013
blow up

not what you tthinkk oooo!
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by Shittuwale(m): 10:41am On Aug 07, 2013
Ahnokumullahu
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by olupentane(m): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
@ PEN MIGHT
JAZAKUMULAI KAIRAN

1 Like

Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by riac(f): 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Jazakumlahukiran,may Allah accept all our deeds as an act of Ibadat and may he make us witness many more of dis blessed month I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ good health
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by Hdz4luv: 8:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
Very interesting...wishing every muslims EID MUBARAQ
Re: Ten Easy Tips To A Happy Eid! by DMainMan: 6:43am On Aug 08, 2013
Happy Eidel Fitri

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best 10 Days(dhul-hijjah 2012) / Allah Loves Pagans But Hates Jews And Christians / Evils Of One Of The Sufi Tariqa – Tijaniyyah....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.