Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k (5032 Views)

What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? / Innoson Motors, Places Nigeria In The List Of Car Manufacturer / What Kind Of Car Can ₦1 Million Get Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by rash47(m): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hello peeps,am a first timer here. Pls I need sincere advise on the type of car I could get for 400k,my peference is honda or toyota product possibly with full option.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by rash47(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
Where are the car sales expert? Abeg make una help me out.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by JUO(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hello peeps,am a first timer here. Pls I need sincere advise on the type of car I could get for 400k,my peference is honda or toyota product possibly with full option.
you can even get stolen one cheaper
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by rash47(m): 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
JUO: you can even get stolen one cheaper

Shey I tell u say I thief money ni, me no be thief like u.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by JUO(m): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
listen to yourself, you need a car with full option for 400k. wetin you be?
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by lacasa: 5:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
96 toyota carina E (used.)

91-93 civic (used)
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by wwwkaycom(m): 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
JUO: listen to yourself, you need a car with full option for 400k. wetin you be?
Lol @ "full option", nevertheless, there are several Nigeria used cars that can go for 400k which are not stolen vehicles, yes Hondas, Toyotas etc. I have seen several Babyboy Hondas, Orobo Camry etc sold for that price on nairaland. So let him search with a lot of patience, who knows, he may be lucky to get his choice "full option" for that price, afterall, someone became the "oga at the very top" in Naija by luck before na, cheers!
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by JUO(m): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
this one no go gree take orobo him go tell you say tukumbo na 550k how him go buy naija used for 400k. such person will request for tiny light. full option is what he wants
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by rash47(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2013
@kaycom

If I get u right,u mean I can't get a sound japanese(cotonou) for dat amount? I am buying for d first time,won't actualy like a naija used may I should hold on a while. But what abt gulf3?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by wwwkaycom(m): 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
rash47:
@kaycom

If I get u right,u mean I can't get a sound japanese(cotonou) for dat amount? I am buying for d first time,won't actualy like a naija used may I should hold on a while. But what abt gulf3?
my brother, toks golf 3 full option will go for about 550-600k, 96 primera for same price range, 97 Primera for 650-700k, Audi 80 for 500-550k, 99-2000 toyota corolla for 800-850k, same for 97-2000 honda accord and 96 camry, 97-2000camry will go for about 900k etc. Look for more money like 150-200k so that you can get a direct toks which is usually better than Nigeria used, cotonou car dealer in the house will be able to advise you better, cheers!
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by wwwkaycom(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2013
JUO: this one no go gree take orobo him go tell you say tukumbo na 550k how him go buy naija used for 400k. such person will request for tiny light. full option is what he wants
he is buying his first car, he need your encouragement Sir, thanks

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by JUO(m): 2:15am On Aug 04, 2013
please save more and buy a good car. I wiil not be happy seeing you come here to complain for gear box not selecting and the rest. .good luck

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by rash47(m): 6:49am On Aug 04, 2013
Thanks guys, I opened this thread because I wanted to be very clear on the matter. I will chill for nw maybe channel my savings to a biz.

@kaycom

Pls would you know how much honda legend or acura legend will go for. Thanks sir!
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 04, 2013
What does "full option" actually mean? Because there's no such thing. That term is often used when a prospective buyer or seller has no idea what comes as standard on a particular model, and what are optional extras.

You need to research the car you're interested in, and know the equipment levels available on any given trim.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2013
I am in the same situ as u and from my opinion samplings, I believe one can get 'full op' Benz 190 at about 450-500k.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by wwwkaycom(m): 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
rash47:
Thanks guys, I opened this thread because I wanted to be very clear on the matter. I will chill for nw maybe channel my savings to a biz.

@kaycom

Pls would you know how much honda legend or acura legend will go for. Thanks sir!
I think the Legends will be 1M and above for toks, not so sure though. Do careful search
through nairaland.com/autos and other similar sites for the true price range. But I am of the opinion that those luxury brands are better left for experienced handlers instead of starters like you and I my brother. Legends are fantastic rides but their maintenance are on the high side based on what I have seen or heard from my uncle and two of my friends who are presently using Acura/Honda Legends, ok! Happy Sunday .....
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by wwwkaycom(m): 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
ninz: I am in the same situ as u and from my opinion samplings, I believe one can get 'full op' Benz 190 atq about 450-500k.
sure, very correct if do thorough search, ok!
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by ade2008(m): 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
For starter like u its better u add more money and get simple tokunbo car than a used nigerian car , since u do not have prior car experience. Buying car is not like buying tv or home theatre. Even for tokunbo car u will even need to set aside some amount apart from the main cost of the car for general maintenace after purchasing. To avoid headache and sleepless night don't buy used nigerian rather buy simple tokunbo car like volkswagen gulf , passat etc. They are easy to maintain, fuel consumption is low , cheap part. After some years u can dispose and buy big car. I'm talking from experience .please dontt be carried away by sophisticaton of any car. Choose wisely and u will never regret.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
ade2008: For starter like u its better u add more money and get simple tokunbo car than a used nigerian car , since u do not have prior car experience. Buying car is not like buying tv or home theatre. Even for tokunbo car u will even need to set aside some amount apart from the main cost of the car for general maintenace after purchasing. To avoid headache and sleepless night don't buy used nigerian rather buy simple tokunbo car like volkswagen gulf , passat etc. They are easy to maintain, fuel consumption is low , cheap part. After some years u can dispose and buy big car. I'm talking from experience .please dontt be carried away by sophisticaton of any car. Choose wisely and u will never regret.

Apart from VW cars (i hear they have electrical issues), what do u say of a Benz 190?
I hear its equally easy to maintain.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by ade2008(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
ninz:
Apart from VW cars (i hear they have electrical issues), what do u say of a Benz 190?
I hear its equally easy to maintain.

I've been using vw passat tokunbo car for almost a year and I've not experience any electical problem. All I do on it is the servcing every 4 months. VW are know for their fuel efficiency which I can also attest to. There are other simple car that can be maintained for some years before disposal. I learnt benz 190 car are also very strong, parts are not too expensive but I don't know much about its fuel efficiency.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Mosespaul(m): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
I want to know reliability and cost of '92 model Honda Halla(auto) toks. Pls help me out
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by wwwkaycom(m): 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mosespaul: I want to know reliability and cost of '92 model Honda Halla(auto) toks. Pls help me out
Honda Halla is the strongest and most reliable of all the honda accords, it is also very cheap and easy to maintain. l used it before. However, I am also of the opinion that the toks is overpriced, a 92 model car for 600k or more in Nigeria? That's my only bias against the old but faithful halla. However, you can find a way of getting it from Cotonou, it may be cheaper that way, ok! cheers!
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by divinelove(m): 3:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
u can also consider audi 80 2.0 engine with abt 90hp, 93 model. 500k shld get the toks

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
Naija used Range Rover Classic.
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 08, 2013
I have a nissan murano for 400k flat! full options!
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
Murano at 400k?
the car must be on its last legs
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
ninz! the op wants a full options car....it still moves wink
ninz: Murano at 400k?
the car must be on its last legs
hope you have gotten your 190?
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
smartchoice: ninz! the op wants a full options car....it still moves wink

hope you have gotten your 190?

Lol! Abi oo..
Man, I seem to be having alternatives by the day. Right now, am considering the Audi 80 B4 Quattro Sport. :-D
See my dilemna? What do u think?
Re: What Kind Of Car Can I Get For 400k by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2013
ninz:
Lol! Abi oo..
Man, I seem to be having alternatives by the day. Right now, am considering the Audi 80 B4 Quattro Sport. :-D
See my dilemna? What do u think?
Just consider after sales maintenance in your area!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recommended Engine Oil For Honda Accord 2007 / Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? / RESOLVED AT LAST - Help! My Honda Passport Switches Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.