Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Arsenal Never Called Me For Trial Oboabona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Never Called Me For Trial Oboabona (503 Views)

Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Never Called Me For Trial Oboabona by Funpeter: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
Nigerian club Sunshine Stars say English Premier League side Arsenal have never asked them to take Godfrey Oboabona on trial.
Media speculation last week suggested not only did the Nigeria defender turn down the offer of a trial and but he criticised manager Arsene Wenger too.
"I never said anything about a highly respected manager like Mr Wenger showing me a lack of respect," he said.
Oboabona also says he was not aware of anyinvitation for a trial.
"I have had so many text messages, phone calls about it - the rumour that I was invited on trial was not true - I only read about it likeeveryone else," he explained to the BBC.
"I've always said I will take my time, focus on my development as a player and continue to give my best in every game.
"At the appropriate time, when clubs must have seen me well enough, they will hopefullyapproach Sunshine Stars in Nigeria.
"My desire is to grow every day, sadly all the things written about Arsenal did not come from me."
The 22-year-old played a big part in Nigeria's victorious 2013 Africa Cup of Nations campaign and was also part of their Confederations Cup squad.
He was an integral part of Nigeria's qualification for the African Nations Championship, the continent's tournament for locally based players only, for the first time.
The Sunshine Stars' chairman Mike Idoko also insisted there has been no approach from Arsenal.
"It all began in the media and ends there," he told BBC Sport.
"If there was any substance to the story, we expect Arsenal would approach his club first.
"We haven't had any official communication with Arsenal or any Premier League club about [Godfrey] Oboabona."

(1) (Reply)

FA: Qatar 2022 World Cup UPDATE!! / Liverpool Signs Two New Defenders / Nigeria To Play Ethiopia In Final Round

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.