Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,067 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal (22648 Views)

Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request / Governor Mimiko Honours Godfrey Oboabona For Afcon Win With House And Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by aminho(m): 11:07am On Mar 24, 2013

Arsene Wenger is constantly on the lookout for young talent to embed into his squad and the Arsenal manager might have found a fairly decent defender in Godfrey Oboabona, the Nigerian centre-back who was an ever-present during the Nation’s triumphant African Cup of Nations run. The 22 year old defender currently plies his trade in the Nigerian Premier League with the Sunshine Stars and unsurprisingly will be put through the paces as part of trial before possibly making the jump to English football.

The Sun report that Oboabona, who has a year left in his contract with Sunshine, will cost the Gunners around £1m if they decide to keep him after the trial. The player has endeared himself to the Arsenal faithful already by stating that the North-London is close to his heart: “Arsenal are my favourite club from childhood. It is the club I want to play for.”

Wenger is on the lookout for a new central defender in the summer as he has grown fed up with the constant mistakes committed by Per Mertesacker and Thomas Vemaelen but Oboabona is by no means the solution for the immediate problem.

Wenger will probably be bringing in another 1 or 2 players in the summer, while Oboabona will potentially be groomed for a place in the Arsenal first team by getting a run out in League Cup games should Arsenal be sufficiently impressed by his performances.mramshi

http://www.thesportscampus.com/2013032428917/transfer-news/wenger-brings-in-nigerian-defender-on-trial

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:49am On Mar 24, 2013
If true, it's good 4 Oboabona.

2 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by julioralph(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2013
Nice news.
But i have a feeling that 'baba ijebu' wenger will ruin everything by offering peanuts for him.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by free2ryhme: 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2013
happy for the guy
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Activity77(m): 3:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
dts a gud news..kudos 2 keshi.more are still waiting to be calld.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by dack7(m): 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
I pray he makes it.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by mensdept: 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2013
Good luck to him and good that our local league can still produce world class talent.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by theOGAatTHEtop: 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2013
Promotion cometh neither from the north , east, south or west But from The Almighty #OATT. Amen

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by ebamma(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2013
If we sign dis guy he will be a great backup in case koscielny or vermalaen is injured, and at 1million pounds i think wenger will love it
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by RedLight1: 3:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
julioralph: Nice news.
But i have a feeling that 'baba ijebu' wenger will ruin everything by offering peanuts for him.
atleast it will boost his carrier if manage to proof himself at emirate ... and its better than kobo kobo that sunshine has been paying

2 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by iykmora(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
lolzzzz Arsenal yaf finis!
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
Happy for the lad but is this the calibre of player that will return Arsenal to the zenith of European football? Smh @ Wenger.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by HAH: 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
One million pounds, sunshine go hammer be dat o this money fit reach the entire teams budget for the year.

The boys is good. Wish him luck though I cannot vouch for his age cos I know Omeruo who claims to be 19 graduated from GSS gwarinpa in 2005 which made his age. 12 in his SS3

15 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2013
aminho: The player has endeared himself to the Arsenal faithful already by stating that the North-London is close to his heart: “Arsenal are my favourite club from childhood. It is the club I want to play for.”
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

gbagaun!!!

6 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by aminho(m): 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2013
so making the front page again Allahu Akbar
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Dreyl(m): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
it's okay ,he's a good player
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by mkoabiola: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
Arsen wenger will soon come out to deny ds report.

4 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by supaeagles(m): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
HAH: One million pounds, sunshine go hammer be dat o this money fit reach the entire teams budget for the year.
The boys is good. Wish him luck though I cannot vouch for his age cos I know Omeruo who claims to be 19 graduated from GSS gwarinpa in 2005 which made his age. 12 in his SS3
No doubt we have super talent, but some of our players need to start being upfront with their ages. Otherwise we will see a repeat of our players slowing down or retiring at what should be a prime age of 27 because actual age is probably 35!

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
That is in fulfillment of one of GEJ's promises which is to empower the younger generation to fulfill their goals by giving them the opportunity to express themselves. Under this govt, the country will acheive a lot in sports. Thanks folks and dont just talk blindly
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by TableLeg(m): 4:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
Good luck dude
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Sagytarius1: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
I just luv this guy #no homo
cool
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Forzap: 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
Hehe.....kindly move dis to d joke section pls
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by oloriooko(m): 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
wrong move for this guy, of all teams in EPL, he's trying out Arsenal that does not have the bite for winning and wenger will make sure he's paid peanuts.

the only advantage he has is that his professional carrier will jump on the fast lane of develoment.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
theOGAatTHEtop: Promotion cometh neither from the north , east, south or west But from The Almighty #OATT. Amen
this ya name resemble goat @ the top. Which is better than the popular oga @ the top.

9 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by otokx(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
wish him well, thought arsenal needed strikers.

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by shurlermoz(m): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
kaorama: That is in fulfillment of one of GEJ's promises which is to empower the younger generation to fulfill their goals by giving them the opportunity to express themselves. Under this govt, the country will acheive a lot in sports. Thanks folks and dont just talk blindly

So its GEJ that is giving them †he opportunity now and not Keshi, all this government apologist wld just say anytin †̥o glorify the mess they call GEJ. I expect you †̥o reply with facts on government achievements and not the usual abuse and name calling.

3 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Saintigk(m): 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
ItsModella:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

gbagaun!!!

You are sick upstairs. May be u need to be told that clubs are not generally expressed as single entities.
Dummies like u always look for people's mistakes while ur own perfection only exists in dreams.
Go and get a life, you suck!

15 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by TableLeg(m): 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
kaorama: That is in fulfillment of one of GEJ's promises which is to empower the younger generation to fulfill their goals by giving them the opportunity to express themselves. Under this govt, the country will acheive a lot in sports. Thanks folks and dont just talk blindly

Are you fu...cking mad?!
What nonsense are you typing?
Oh i see ... You are one of the GEJ bootlickers right? Idio...t!

1 Like

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Bgino(m): 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2013
[quote author=julioralph]Nice news.

is it all about money all the time for we Nigerians...what is wrong wt us..Oboabona will make Nigeria proud if he can feature in top and competitive futbol accross europe wt a team like Arsenal..the money will surely come..did he earn half a million pounds at sunshine stars

3 Likes

Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by tunapar(m): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
Making front page for the 10th time in a role.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by Phonon: 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
Professional CARRIER?You mean the airline he uses when travelling on football duties would now be using a runway that has a higher speed limit if he joins Arsenal?:-D
oloriooko: wrong move for this guy, of all teams in EPL, he's trying out Arsenal that does not have the bite for winning and wenger will make sure he's paid peanuts.

the only advantage he has is that his professional carrier will jump on the fast lane of develoment.
Re: Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal by myOGAonTOP: 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2013
theOGAatTHEtop: Promotion cometh neither from the north , east, south or west But from The Almighty #OATT. Amen
hey! There's only one #OATT on this site o. I don warn you o.

Dazz all....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plusvalenza: Juve Jumps To 3rd As Court Temporarily Suspends 15-points Deduction / Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? / FIFA Tells Nigerian Referees To Forget Officiating At World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.