Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (523456 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by emmyw(m): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2013
Please pals,someone help me and combine the whole code here,lets see if its a fully website.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
emmyw: Please pals,someone help me and combine the whole code here,lets see if its a fully website.

From your signature I hope you're not here to pull some stunts, th whole code ke? Bros go the first page make you start to dey read am dey come.

It's not that difficult sha... cool
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
@emmyw We take it one step at a time. Sometimes slow and steady wins the race.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by emmyw(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
iyenimofe: @emmyw We take it one step at a time. Sometimes slow and steady wins the race.
No problem bro,lets go.....
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr.Lecturer.sir:
how are you sir,i know you're doing great,anywaz thanks once again for your selfless sacrifice,am still following this thread..code-baba,brownlord,dhtml, et al,i greet you all meritoriously...i remain wise.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
@ all, how do I place 2-3 boxes side by side. I wan use am divide page like how newspaper do theirs.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by dansmog(m): 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
@ all, how do I place 2-3 boxes side by side. I wan use am divide page like how newspaper do theirs.

<div class="staySideBySide">box one side one</div>
<div class='staySideBySide space'>box two side two</div>
<div class='staySideBySide space'>box three side three</div>

/** css style needed **/

.staySideBySide{
height:200px;
width:200px;
background-color:orange;
float:left; // this will aligned the box together, but it will look ugly
}

.space{margin-left:10px;}

this should work perfectly, if you need different styling, you can make use of ID rather than CLASS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
dansmog++:

<div class="staySideBySide">box one side one</div>
<div class='staySideBySide space'>box two side two</div>
<div class='staySideBySide space'>box three side three</div>

/** css style needed **/

.staySideBySide{
height:200px;
width:200px;
background-color:orange;
float:left; // this will aligned the box together, but it will look ugly
}

.space{margin-left:10px;}

this should work perfectly, if you need different styling, you can make use of ID rather than CLASS

Bros, the oil for your head fit fry 10 bags of plantain. grin I hail.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by dansmog(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Bros, the oil for your head fit fry 10 bags of plantain. grin I hail.

grin grin grin

but i dont understand that sha
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
dansmog++:

grin grin grin

but i dont understand that sha

Hehe! The code you gave me is on point my guy. Patiently waiting for our Lecturer oooo!.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 1:19am On Oct 25, 2013
@op, please o! Those joomla,wordpress etc guys are really making jest of we coders ooo! They say we're old school and can't deliver accurately on time. CODE-EATER would understand me better, as for me personally I like coding it makes me feel smart and versatile. So @ op please, enlighten us on the difference, pros and cons between the CMS method and the raw coding method.

3 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Djtm(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
@op, please o! Those joomla,wordpress etc guys are really making jest of we coders ooo! They say we're old school and can't deliver accurately on time. CODE-EATER would understand me better, as for me personally I like coding it makes me feel smart and versatile. So @ op please, enlighten us on the difference, pros and cons between the CMS method and the raw coding method.
don't use cms until you're very good at web developing. Cms are there to save time.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2013
Djtm:
don't use cms until you're very good at web developing. Cms are there to save time.

Ok boss thanks, but you see I have two main issues now with the coding method. At least @ this stage I can put up a very creative one paged site with forms,tables etc.

1) I've read the theory aspect but I can't really process my forms that is,I don't know how or where to save and process the information received by my form.

2) I don't know how to upload my coded web page to a host, although I heared of the ftp stuffs haven't really gone through that thing.

I'm not trying to run faster than my shadows but I'm a very fast learner,I can code everything I've learnt on this thread off hand. But with the cms method I can do 1) and 2) without even breaking a sweat.

No time!
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Djtm(m): 10:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Ok boss thanks, but you see I have two main issues now with the coding method. At least @ this stage I can put up a very creative one paged site with forms,tables etc.

1) I've read the theory aspect but I can't really process my forms that is,I don't know how or where to save and process the information received by my form.

2) I don't know how to upload my coded web page to a host, although I heared of the ftp stuffs haven't really gone through that thing.

I'm not trying to run faster than my shadows but I'm a very fast learner,I can code everything I've learnt on this thread off hand. But with the cms method I can do 1) and 2) without even breaking a sweat.

No time!
1. You have to learn a server side language like PHP or ASP.NET to be able 'process' your form.
2. If you're interested in cms at this stage, then you'll never grow beyond your current level. You might never know how to 'process' your form because there's something doing it for you.

I'll advice you to put up a nice webpage first with html before learning a server side language. There are still a lot of things you need to learn on html. Fonts, colors, aesthetics etc. Be good at what you're doing first. Then learn php. You will be able to code your own cms after getting the hang of it.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2013
Djtm:
1. You have to learn a server side language like PHP or ASP.NET to be able 'process' your form.
2. If you're interested in cms at this stage, then you'll never grow beyond your current level. You might never know how to 'process' your form because there's something doing it for you.

I'll advice you to put up a nice webpage first with html before learning a server side language. There are still a lot of things you need to learn on html. Fonts, colors, aesthetics etc. Be good at what you're doing first. Then learn php. You will be able to code your own cms after getting the hang of it.

Thanks man!,Bros your words cut deep like a knife...@ this stage I can put up a web page using html linked with css style sheet (some e-books dey help me gan) as no man is an island of knowledge I wouldn't say I'm a pro but trust me I dey pull stunts with these two languages, so what's the nest step forward...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Djtm(m): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Thanks man!,Bros your words cut deep like a knife...@ this stage I can put up a web page using html linked with css style sheet (some e-books dey help me gan) as no man is an island of knowledge I wouldn't say I'm a pro but trust me I dey pull stunts with these two languages, so what's the nest step forward...
learn Javascript, then learn php
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by ideas4cash: 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
The Best Webhost Ever
The best webhost I have come across and would recommend to anyone intending to go into website design is ipage. Below are the benefits accrued with hosting with them:
1. Excellent customer services
2. Free facebook advert credit 50$ worth
3. Free Adwords advert credit 100$ worth
4. You host for free after your first year, when you register for to promote their services as I am doing right now
5. Unbeatable hosting packages that does not exist anywhere else
6. Unlimited everything you can think of in webhosting.
I don’t know how best to tell you come host with them.But I promise you will never regret coming onboard.
You can goto http://www.ipage.com/join/index.bml?AffID=725955&amp;LinkName=Casheaerningideascom,
so that I can still get my referral credit.
Thank You very much.

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
Dancing skelewu with my analog computer and at d same time shouting ekale for mr lecturer that is one and only baba iyeminofe.

Wisemenia, i see u for admin this morning dey run follow girl, shei na there dept. Dey?

@dhtml, who see tht one self, e be like e don dropout.

@appliedmaths, shebi u sabi say u be new student this one u dey ask plenty question. This course no be further matths x-y=( 3x+y) mind d way u dey ask question for this class and make u no dey show urself because say u sabi book pass us. Before i forget, u go need borrow me ur ebook mk i add join my own.

@all our remaining lectuers, senior graduates and non academic student i hail una
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 1:21am On Oct 26, 2013
brownlord: Dancing skelewu with my analog computer and at d same time shouting ekale for mr lecturer that is one and only baba iyeminofe.

Wisemenia, i see u for admin this morning dey run follow girl, shei na there dept. Dey?

@dhtml, who see tht one self, e be like e don dropout.

@appliedmaths, shebi u sabi say u be new student this one u dey ask plenty question. This course no be further matths x-y=( 3x+y) mind d way u dey ask question for this class and make u no dey show urself because say u sabi book pass us. Before i forget, u go need borrow me ur ebook mk i add join my own.

@all our remaining lectuers, senior graduates and non academic student i hail una

Bros I be your boy that year ooo!, hafa you don hear from lecturer? Hope he is fine ooo!, and also hope say him colleagues neva advise am to go on strike ooo . #peace
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 26, 2013
*Peeps*
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Neduzze5(m): 6:19am On Oct 26, 2013
I'm currently downloading lots of ebooks on JavaScript and PHP
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Neduzze5(m): 6:23am On Oct 26, 2013
I'll need to be able to study on my own cos our lecturer is really slow. Maybe we go fix timetable for here like dem dey do for primary schools. Two times a week should be perfect.
Oga Lecturer what say you?
Course rep, it's a nice idea na?
My fellow students, wetin una think?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by illustrious45: 8:34am On Oct 26, 2013
Tanks soo much 4 d lecture am so grateful to u all and may d good lord bless u all..Am hapi wit dis. ;DTanks soo much 4 d lecture am so grateful to u all and may d good lord bless u all..Am hapi wit dis.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Bros I be your boy that year ooo!, hafa you don hear from lecturer? Hope he is fine ooo!, and also hope say him colleagues neva advise am to go on strike ooo . #peace

Heyo, em nearly join those morafuckers bt u knw me na, i go use my grand mama beg am, as soon as she commot there em go resume class
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 11:32am On Oct 26, 2013
Neduzze5: I'll need to be able to study on my own cos our lecturer is really slow. Maybe we go fix timetable for here like dem dey do for primary schools. Two times a week should be perfect.
Oga Lecturer what say you?
Course rep, it's a nice idea na?
My fellow students, wetin una think?

Okay noted, i go suggest am for next dept meeting, meanwhile i hope lecturer go see ur suggesion mk em consider am. But wait o why u dey sitdown for back sit now
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Neduzze5(m): 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2013
brownlord:

Okay noted, i go suggest am for next dept meeting, meanwhile i hope lecturer go see ur suggesion mk em consider am. But wait o why u dey sitdown for back sit now

You know say I dey read all night, so anytime I come class, sleep dey catch me. I gat to sit down for back so that lecturer no go catch me where I dey sleep! grin
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by samwbc: 8:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
guys if you want to learn drupal contact me, i will teach you from scrach, and i have alot of ebooks on php java and for website design, i have just created a friendly social networking forum site, where you can have a better discussion and lecture, here is my number if you want to contact me or email let me know if you are interested, i also need admins and moderators for that site, we guys can work together......and form a better it.....here is my company name that i am bringing up "skit systems limited" (samwbc2012@gmail.com, +233570560571)...........LEARN HOW TO CREATE A DYNAMIC, CLASSIC PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE WITH DRUPAL (CMS), CONVERT UR WEBSITE TO DRUPAL.........WITH DRUPAL WEB CREATING IS EASY...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
^^All these morafokas, wondering why they keep posting rubbish all over the place
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2013
*dhtml:
^^All these morafokas, wondering why they keep posting rubbish all over the place

Boss take am easy wit am, emself won belike seun
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
Guys hafa anybody con confirm lecturer ? At all at all him don suppose show face @ least, assuming I be babe now I for dey cry but I know say no shii out guy dey the streets dey hustle. cool

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2013
Neduzze5: I'm currently downloading lots of ebooks on JavaScript and PHP
korect...but dont 4get "javascript Enlightenment by Cody Lindly" and "Eloquent Javascript by one funny Author" u go juz dey laff as u dey rid am,d man funny sha.......wt php ebook av u got thus far? du well 2 Hlp me wif d link

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.