Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (524431 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 11:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
And also you can position the background image, use this

body{background-image:url
('img_tree.png');
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-
position:right top;}

Hope you know how to link a CSS sheet to your HTML file?, It's advisable to alter the background image and color with CSS(my opinion) it's make your codes neat.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 12:11am On Nov 22, 2013
body{background:url
(img_flwr.gif);
background-size:80px 60px;
background-repeat:no-repeat;}

You can resize your background image to what you want.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 12:15am On Nov 22, 2013
And to make the image fit the web page to save your self form stress of use

div{background:url(img_flwr.gif);
background-size:100%100%;
background-repeat:no-repeat;}

Bros see you later, *Runs to continue his JS*...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by sunday478(m): 9:34am On Nov 22, 2013
Jregz:
God bless you brov...you guys the best...it worked now my blog would be neat...thanks a lot

www.adelowojregz..com
ok, you are welcome, ur guys still the learn
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Arlex(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Arlex(m): 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

The thread isn't complete yet, so even if you read the thread what you'll learn wouldn't be enough for you to build a complete web site. Go and learn how to use Wordpress or joomla to create and manage your blog since that's your major aim.
ok tnx a lot.pls where can i learn how to use wordpress?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 8:21am On Nov 23, 2013
Arlex: ok tnx a lot.pls where can i learn how to use wordpress?

Search this Webmaster section, you'll see enough threads on wordpress and especially joomla. Or beTter still, google your way through.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Arlex(m): 12:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Search this Webmaster section, you'll see enough threads on wordpress and especially joomla. Or beTter still, google your way through.
ok tnx a lot for ur help.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
yello course mate and lecturers, bn a whyl, bn so busy my phone was faulty and was nt able to subscribe my modem, anyways am back now, our lecturer has nt bn frequent, abeg na who use eye see Mr lecturer?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
brownlord: yello course mate and lecturers, bn a whyl, bn so busy my phone was faulty and was nt able to subscribe my modem, anyways am back now, our lecturer has nt bn frequent, abeg na who use eye see Mr lecturer?

Oboy, I think say you don loss ooo. Erm' boys don dey jack on their own oooo, teacher don abandon us since but we making progress.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 9:41am On Nov 25, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Oboy, I think say you don loss ooo. Erm' boys don dey jack on their own oooo, teacher don abandon us since but we making progress.

Na wah o, abeg u fit help me with any available materials, i never fit see chance do anytin, pls jst send to my email, brownlord2flex@yahoo.com
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 11:35am On Nov 25, 2013
brownlord:

Na wah o, abeg u fit help me with any available materials, i never fit see chance do anytin, pls jst send to my email, brownlord2flex@yahoo.com

Baba go W3schools dot com go grab everything there...put eye for that CSS3 grin walahi that thing maketh sense. Me I dey javascript, we dey move ahead.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

teacher don abandon us since
O ye of little faith.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by BoyCoyToy(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

Baba go W3schools dot com go grab everything there...put eye for that CSS3 grin walahi that thing maketh sense. Me I dey javascript, we dey move ahead.
I dey w3school but am not getting dat javascript.... Confused
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
@boy coy, at the beginning don't just expect Js to make any sense at all, sometimes I ask my self what am I going to do with all those yeye functions but just push through taking it step by step.

Since you're not programming then I think you should know the really important aspect of js you need as a web developer. Ex. Date, form validation, changing windows etc so focus on those kind of parts.

@iyenimofe, Boss my faith still dey that's why I'm still here 2/4/7.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sorry for the prolonged absence. It was due to some offline problems. We should get back in track tomorrow or so. I just need to get my things together.
We'll round up our CSS and move swiftly to JavaScript.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 12:27am On Nov 26, 2013
iyenimofe: Sorry for the prolonged absence. It was due to some offline problems. We should get back in track tomorrow or so. I just need to get my things together.

JS cool Finally, abeg prepare ooo, cuz boys go jam you with questions. Let me even start now... To me there are many useless functions in that js that I feel isn't useful to me. Ex the while loop,for loop, all those jargons. The part of js I do take seriously is the form validation,date and time, changing windows , reg exp, maths function (chio na my name be that nah' grin ), event handlers, cookies etc.

In fact e be like say I don mention the whole js finish. All the same your explanations would do me a lot of good esp on those loop sections,break etc when and what are we using it for? Cause I can't store any yeye syntax in my head which I wouldn't use. Welcome back boss!.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nastydroid(m): 12:48am On Nov 26, 2013
i need tips on how to get a website on the web,i really don't understand the domain thing.i want to try the .tk since it is the only free domain that i know.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 2:20am On Nov 26, 2013
Thanks Mr Iyenimofe for listening to the plight of the Nigerian web developer's student and agreeing to pull out from the ongoing ASUU strike, now that you are back i hope lecturers will resume with immediate effect and also intensive....Welcome back Mr OP

#teamwebdevelopernoni#
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

baba w3school js na brushing,he no deep like dat...wen i jack am finish ,nahin i kw say i neva reach 10% sef...coz i kudnt du any tin reasonable wif d knowledge i got 4rm der...like real form-val,creating drop down nav bar,sprints,XMLHttpRequest etc....i had 2 move ahead....my point is,dont feel 2 comfortable wif w3schools.na ebooks sure pass sha.......i nevaa stil reason css3 sef,i hope say he no hrd pass normal css sha?*dazall*
by d way brownlord,me tink say dem don kidnap u sha....wey dhtml sef?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

JS cool Finally, abeg prepare ooo, cuz boys go jam you with questions. Let me even start now... To me there are many useless functions in that js that I feel isn't useful to me. Ex the while loop,for loop, all those jargons. The part of js I do take seriously is the form validation,date and time, changing windows , reg exp, maths function (chio na my name be that nah' grin ), event handlers, cookies etc.

In fact e be like say I don mention the whole js finish. All the same your explanations would do me a lot of good esp on those loop sections,break etc when and what are we using it for? Cause I can't store any yeye syntax in my head which I wouldn't use. Welcome back boss!.
baba add me on 2go make we yarn naw ,if u dey on 2go @healdeworld....no dull me
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
iyenimofe: Sorry for the prolonged absence. It was due to some offline problems. We should get back in track tomorrow or so. I just need to get my things together.
let d old tinz pass away....oro js la n so bayi....baba jehkormor
wlc bak sir......i miss u dieeeeeeeeeee......oya make i go buy new note b4 u strt...

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 3:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
@appMath:
reg-exp in w3schools isnt dat clear,coz dey didnt realy explain and applied it to d fullest...mayb u shud try out mozilla development netwrk (MDN) dey explained reg-exp to d fullest....*my2cents*
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by BoyCoyToy(m): 4:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
wisemania:
baba w3school js na brushing,he no deep like dat...wen i jack am finish ,nahin i kw say i neva reach 10% sef...coz i kudnt du any tin reasonable wif d knowledge i got 4rm der...like real form-val,creating drop down nav bar,sprints,XMLHttpRequest etc....i had 2 move ahead....my point is,dont feel 2 comfortable wif w3schools.na ebooks sure pass sha.......i nevaa stil reason css3 sef,i hope say he no hrd pass normal css sha?*dazall*
w3schools make sense na just yr level of understanding

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by BoyCoyToy(m): 4:40pm On Nov 26, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
@boy coy, at the beginning don't just expect Js to make any sense at all, sometimes I ask my self what am I going to do with all those yeye functions but just push through taking it step by step.

Since you're not programming then I think you should know the really important aspect of js you need as a web developer. Ex. Date, form validation, changing windows etc so focus on those kind of parts.

@iyenimofe, Boss my faith still dey that's why I'm still here 2/4/7.
na true jareee I try yestarday nd I cum begin understand the Js tinz... I also nid PHp and ASP but na later tinz...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
wisemania:

Chai i bn no know say people dey eye my class captain position, guy why u dey wish me bad na?

Anyway appliedmaths, wisemenia dhtml, any of you in benin, make we see how we fit take colabo, cos i no even dey get time do anytn, my head dey hot i need money so i no dey get time even come begin jack materials nor practice wetin i don knw before, pls is there anyone in benin mk we fit gather do tins
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by BoyCoyToy(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Guys its time for we Nigerians to take over the web. In Africa, S.A. Is topping with great social websites and apps. We are truly the Giant of Africa let's do this. Start yours today, am working on mine. ThankGod for Nairaland and few others. We can program sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yahoo etc. Most of the American billionaires made it through web and computer softwares

2 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
wisemania:
baba add me on 2go make we yarn naw ,if u dey on 2go @healdeworld or 08169103459....no dull me

Me don send you message untop whatsapp since but e nor deliver..,o wayo I go add you unto 2go this Night when I settle down. Me I know say you no like w3schools right from day 1 but I dey feel them, but you trust me nah I get back up ebooks cool

@Brownlord, baba na when ASUU call off I go fall in bini ooo. Me na ugbowo campus guy.

@iyenimofe my Boss!, that's why we need you to break down what we have learnt via other sources. #Bless

@boy coy, Bros we are moving foward, this team is strong and I'm sure we will trash this web design soon.

BTW, I for like make una see som of my designs grin maketh sense. Love you guys mehn, No HOMO. #Bless!
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by GetGuide: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
bookmarked
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Sowada(m): 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
iyenimofe:
Well, you cant install an app on a web page as you'll do on your OS's harddisk, if you don't own the web page.
However, if you own the page (and probably the website) you can run a Web based app that allows the user make use of the app/site without any downloading on his/her PC.
To create this, the web developer( which in this case is you) needs the knowledge of HTML and dynamic web content technology like JavaScript, PHP, ASP.net, Python, e.t.c.
And definitely, most of these shall be treated on this thread...
thanks alot. I ve been waiting for it
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by callydon(m): 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hi, gurus in d house.
plz I need help on how to put a
login code on my php website...
I also need help on how to make
d details submitted during
registration by users to be stored
in my data base...
NB: Am using Dream Weaver in
d design n am not good with
codes.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by protonz(m): 11:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
.......... http:///1bEuSc6 check out this
awesome opportunity.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.