Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

When lying is a virtue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When lying is a virtue (1135 Views)

Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" / Why Do Christians Like Lying,is It Because Their So Called Prophets Were Also? / Virgintiy Is A Virtue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When lying is a virtue by sheniqua: 3:55pm On May 30, 2008
Christians should be careful in debates with Musl'ims.
All'ah permits telling lies in some special circumstance so always take whatever they tell you with a pinch of salt.It has also been demonstrated time and time again especially on nairaland where Olabowole,the chief Imam of nairaland has been caught in a web of lies.

See this authentic hadith

Let's start with lies that are sanctified in the Hadith:

Humaid b. 'Abd al-Rahman b. 'Auf reported that his mother Umm Kulthum daughter of 'Uqba b. Abu Mu'ait, and she was one amongst the first emigrants who pledged allegiance to All'ah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), as saying that she heard God's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A liar is not one who tries to bring reconciliation amongst people and speaks good (in order to avert dispute), or he conveys good. Ibn Shihab said he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them). (Sahih Great One, Hadith number 6303-05; see also Sahih al-Bukhari 3.857)

So this Hadith is saying that you can lie to
1. achieve success in war
2. to bring about peace
3. to help a husband and wife reconcile.
You can also
4. lie to save one's life:
Re: When lying is a virtue by sheniqua: 3:57pm On May 30, 2008
Moham'ed (Mohamm'ad) helped the dishonesty culture by setting an example. I gave an example above where he approved of lying about faith. Here's another from the Hadith:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
All'ah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt God and His Apostle?" Thereupon The Great Prophet bin Maslama got up saying, "O All'ah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," Muhamm'ad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." ,  (Sahih al-Bukhari 5.369, cf. the article on Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf for further details)
Re: When lying is a virtue by sheniqua: 4:05pm On May 30, 2008
Imam Abu Hammid Ghazali says: "Speaking is a means to achieve objectives. If a praiseworthy aim is attainable through both telling the truth and lying, it is unlawful to accomplish through lying because there is no need for it. When it is possible to achieve such an aim by lying but not by telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if attaining the goal is permissible." (Ahmad ibn Naqib al-Misri, The Reliance of the Traveller, translated by Nuh Ha Mim Keller, amana publications, 1997, section r8.2, page 745)

Note that Al-Ghazali is one of the most famous and respected Great One theologians of all time.

Volume 3, Book 49, Number 857:
Narrated Um Kulthum bint Uqba:

That she heard[b] All'ah's Apostle saying, "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar." [/b]

http://www.sillyallah.com/search/label/dishonesty
Re: When lying is a virtue by PastorAIO: 4:19pm On May 30, 2008
1 cor 9: 19 - 23
Re: When lying is a virtue by Lady2(f): 5:39pm On May 30, 2008
1 cor 9: 19 - 23

Please don't insinuate that Paul was saying he would steal and lie to win people. That's not what those verses are saying. It is saying that in order to win people you have to understand them. To understand them you have to move with them. Does that mean that you have to lie? Absolutely not. In order to win my muuuslim friend and understand her, I had to be close to her, I had to learn about her beliefs and why she believes what she believes. I never once declared anything under All'ah and I never lied. She knew what I was up to and I was open with it. ut I still took my time to know her and understand her. We went out together and sometimes prayed together. I just let the Holy Spirit work through me.

So don't make any stupid insinuations, thanks.
Re: When lying is a virtue by PastorAIO: 6:05pm On May 30, 2008
~Lady~:

Please don't insinuate that Paul was saying he would steal and lie to win people. That's not what those verses are saying. It is saying that in order to win people you have to understand them. To understand them you have to move with them. Does that mean that you have to lie? Absolutely not. In order to win my muuuslim friend and understand her, I had to be close to her, I had to learn about her beliefs and why she believes what she believes. I never once declared anything under All'ah and I never lied. She knew what I was up to and I was open with it. ut I still took my time to know her and understand her. We went out together and sometimes prayed together. I just let the Holy Spirit work through me.

So don't make any stupid insinuations, thanks.

Well done! I'm glad that we've got that covered.
Re: When lying is a virtue by sheniqua: 6:37pm On May 30, 2008
The Bible boldly declares that all Liars will end up in a lake of fire so lying is not not a Christian virtue.

For though I was free from all men, I made myself a servant to all, so that more might have salvation.
20 And to the Jews I was as a Jew, so that I might give the good news to them; to those under the law I was the same, not as being myself under the law, but so that I might give the good news to those under the law.
21 To those without the law I was as one without the law, not as being without law to God, but as under law to Christ, so that I might give the good news to those without the law.
22 To the feeble, I was as one who is feeble, so that they might have salvation: I have been all things to all men, so that some at least might have salvation.
23 And I do all things for the cause of the good news, so that I may have a part in it.

@ lady thanks for making it clear.

St Paul and all Christians understand that the above scripture talks about a Christian's conduct.
For instance,I mus'limmah friend from Turkey and they normally would would take off their shoes before going into the house so when I visit I do same .
She only eats halal meat,when she visits me,I would buy and cook with halal meat. I have dined with her in several halal restaurants.
Someday if I went to Turkey with her,I would cover my head like she does if need be, is that telling a lie?
Absolutely not!!
The Holy Spirit knows that it's harder to bring people to Christ's saving grace when you don't relate to them.
That's why missionaries would learn Arabic, dress like Arabs, eat arab cuisine and adopt arab names if need be to be closer to the folks they are reaching.
Telling lie or fabricating one is a totally different thing.

The Bible says this about lying.

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the
abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers,
and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall
have their part in the lake which burneth with
fire and brimstone:
which is the second death."

"The getting of treasures by a lying tongue is a
vanity tossed to and fro
of them that seek death."

"A false witness shall not be unpunished, and
he that speaketh lies shall perish."

"Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord
his trust, and respecteth not the proud,
nor such as turn aside to lies."
Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2008
@Syrup and Sheniqua: The Bible verses 1 Corinthian 9, verses 19-23 seems like deceit to me in a snaky kinda way. A venominous ladden snake acting as an ordinary rope. Is this the way to win people, if you are sincere? This is more camelionic that the real one in the jungle!

The same you, ladies will have a fury worse that "Christian lake of fire," when the husband actually tell her she is kinda chunky! And by the way which one is true, lake of fire or hellfire? When you find the answer you will know that what Paul said is not less than PURE LIES, like the pure water that Nigeria almost single handedly invented!

Worst, is that the Christian invented a set of lies against God and the messengers of God, Jesus whom you exagerated to the point you deitified him, M.uhamm.ad whom you do not even acknowledge,even when the evidence of him being the comforter is so overwhelming, and others before Jesus whom you considered to just be mere patriachs!

@Pastor AIO: Thanks for pointing out the deceits in the Bible. Please keep them coming. Between me and Sheniqua, today na today!

Although I am free in regard to all, I have made myself a slave to all so as to win over as many as possible.
To the Jews I became like a Jew to win over Jews; to those under the law I became like one under the law--though I myself am not under the law--to win over those under the law.
To those outside the law I became like one outside the law--though I am not outside God's law but within the law of Christ--to win over those outside the law.
To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some.
All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it.

Big time Gimmick. More like switcharoo. Bait and switch. That type.
Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 1:43am On May 31, 2008
@Sheniqua, etc: Baby, look and tell me how the below Old Testement, New Testament verses agree with the Qur'anic verse, but then all of a sudden Trinity came to the picture?

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.” (Deuteronomy 6:4)

It was repeated word-for-word approximately 1500 years later by Jesus when he said “, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord.” (Mark 12:29)

Muhammad came along approximately 600 years later, bringing the same message again:

“And your God is One God: there is no God but He, ” (Quran 2:163)

And where is the truth of of the New testament, except that its all lies? The Biblical lies? Baby, am waiting? You gotta proof your bonafides!
Re: When lying is a virtue by dmxqo(m): 1:58am On May 31, 2008
no action is a virtue in itself or a vice in itself

killing is virtue when u eliminate a would-be terrorist,
stealing is a virtue when u rob d rich 2 feed d poor,
etc,

in the same act, one becomes a hero
the other a tyrant
'circumstance' is all that matters
Re: When lying is a virtue by 4Him1(m): 3:19am On May 31, 2008
olabowale:

@Sheniqua, etc: Baby, look and tell me how the below Old Testement, New Testament verses agree with the Qur'anic verse, but then all of a sudden Trinity came to the picture?

“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.” (Deuteronomy 6:4)

It was repeated word-for-word approximately 1500 years later by Jesus when he said “, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord.” (Mark 12:29)

The Great Prophet came along approximately 600 years later, bringing the same message again:

“And your God is One God: there is no God but He, ” (The Great Book 2:163)

And where is the truth of of the New testament, except that its all lies? The Biblical lies? Baby, am waiting? You gotta proof your bonafides!

it all sounds so rosy until we dig deeper to ask the pertinent question . . . what "God" is being referred to in both the bible and the qoran? Certainly not the same "God".
Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 9:42am On May 31, 2008
@Davidylan:

However you slice it, there is no way that Jesus himself, in the above quoted verse said God is One, then all of a sudden after he had been raised up and "residing in heaven," all of a sudden turned around and said that God is 3 personalities in one christian god!

Aburo, re nle! Liar. Pitfully deceiving us will not work. I will begin to post verses that speak about one God versus Verses that speak about multiple gods. Then I will ask you a yes or no about each side by side: and I will not take a silly expalnation for an answer.

Jeje mi ni mi nlo ti nwando nto nija o. E wo mo yio. E ba mi so fon mo yio. Now lets bring Lagos yoruba out to the open. Gangan.

Nwando thinks she can just throw down the guntlet and scooter off like that? She thinks this is "Gran Ol Party", where they slit, slide and cover each others evils? lol.

Sisi 9ja, where are you? Drag yourself out, whereever you her between Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston (Nigerian Texas usual destination) Or are you protecting the fort of Alamo?
Re: When lying is a virtue by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 31, 2008
I'd definitely lie to save a life without battin an eyelid.
Re: When lying is a virtue by sheniqua: 8:39pm On May 31, 2008
olabowale:

Nwando thinks she can just throw down the guntlet and scooter off like that? She thinks this is "Gran Ol Party", where they slit, slide and cover each others evils? lol.

Sisi Nigeria, where are you? Drag yourself out, whereever you her between Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston (Nigerian Texas usual destination) Or are you protecting the fort of Alamo?

ROFL.
Inlaw mi abeg O
You are still to answer to the original post
Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2008
@ Sheniqua:

So this Hadith is saying that you can lie to
1. achieve success in war
2. to bring about peace
3. to help a husband and wife reconcile.
You can also
4. lie to save one's life:

If Chindler did not lie in the second world war, how many more Children of israel would have been made into soap? How many wives would be happy when the husband is brutally honest and tell her that she is like a swollen heafer instead of a philly? If america did not bravado her might in the Cuban blockade of 1962, against Russia, what would have been the number of live lost in a war that was eminent, if Russia did not take the bait? Would you, this woman who loves a lot of gymnastics gives your life up to be sniffed away so easily? Would you not lie through your teeth, to be alive, so that you can compensate yourself with a long session of good workout?

I beg woman. Face the truth and stop this Yoruba Yoruba.
Re: When lying is a virtue by sheniqua: 9:39pm On May 31, 2008
answer the question now?
why all this atilogwu dancing?
Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 10:09pm On May 31, 2008
@Sheniqua: Your original post is a question? No. It is a statement. I have in my entries after it, explain the rational for a man not to tell his wife that she is Pilsbury dough girl, or aunt gemima or michellin tire. What is it that is slumsy for you to understand?

If Oga said that you were the heifer or that your junk was still trying to make the corner, while the rest of you was already down the block, would there ever going to be a fitness center work out for him, with you doing the hand standing? puuleeeeeeease! Ask questions with question marks, woman!
Re: When lying is a virtue by PastorAIO: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2008
olabowale:

@Pastor AIO: Thanks for pointing out the deceits in the Bible. Please keep them coming. Between me and Sheniqua, today na today!

Actually, knowing it was but a matter of time the idea was to pre-empt you.
Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2008
@Pastor AIO: Note: I do not know everything, and often, I do not see everything.

But wait, you seems to be christian, based on your argument about "Comforter" being a spirit. But I am already challenging you to provide me many questions about this Comforter, since there was a qualifier "Another," before the pronoun.

So you see God used you to expose that truly there is discrepancy in the "Bible." If you remember, I quizzed you to tell me about any in the Q.ur'a.n. Am still waiting. Please don't let me wait too long, because grayness is now running amock on my hairs.
Re: When lying is a virtue by PastorAIO: 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2008
olabowale:

So you see God used you to expose that truly there is discrepancy in the "Bible." If you remember, I quizzed you to tell me about any in the Q.your'a.n. Am still waiting. Please don't let me wait too long, because grayness is now running amock on my hairs.

1) Iblis. "And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam!" They bowed. Not so, however, Iblis, who refused."
The Koran then later says, of Iblis, "He was one of the jinn, and he broke the commandment of his lord".

Is Iblis an angel or a Jinn.

2) Iblis was punished for not bowing down to Adam. Yet his reason for not bowing to Adam is because God had told him to bow for no one but Allah. He was following his initial instruction. He was punished for an excess of zeal for Allah.

3) O thou, folded in garments! Stand to prayer by night, but not all night - half, or a little less, or a little more: and in slow, measured, rhythmic tones, say forth the Koran. For soon We shall send down to thee a weighty message.
This is in the Koran. Should this be a part of the Koran for it plainly suggests that the weighty message was yet to come.

4)What is man made of? Dust and sometimes the koran states. Or from a clot of blood as it other times says. Oh . . and who's blood?
ps. did you know that if Jamaican want to yab someone they call them a Bludclat?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2008
@Pastor AIO: You need an I.slami.c education. By A.l.lah, I will try and the other brothers and sisters will also try.

1) Iblis. "And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam!" They bowed. Not so, however, Iblis, who refused."
The Great Book then later says, of Iblis, "He was one of the jinn, and he broke the commandment of his lord".

If you read Surah Baqarah about when the Lord God informed the Angels that an "viceroy," was going to be created, for the earth, you would have gotten the understanding that the Angels were concerned about what a possible bloodshed this Viceroy would pour on the earth. Read that area of the Book, when God said to them the Angels did not know what he knew. You will ask why were the Angels so concerned in the first place? The reasons are many, but an obvious one was that an earlier being had created havoc on earth. That earlier being was the Jinn race. Iblis, before he became Shaitan was from that being!

Iblis was saved from the destructions that was visited on Jinns becaue of their evil deads, as indicated above. Read the Q.ur'a.n! Iblis was then in heavens in the company of the Angels. Being in the company of the angels does not make a Jinn become an Angel. When the commandment to prostrate came, it was a test to reveal the evil heart of the Jinn Iblis to the Angels, because the Angels did not know it up to the time that the commandment came. Read the Q.ur'an again, and know that God called Iblis a disbeliever right away. A news to the Angels.

Is Iblis an angel or a Jinn.

In Surah Kahf, verse 50, called gave the nature of the being Iblis, as a Jinn. Is this not obvious by the clear description?

2) Iblis was punished for not bowing down to Adam. Yet his reason for not bowing to Adam is because God had told him to bow for no one but God. He was following his initial instruction. He was punished for an excess of zeal for God.

Since God is the Lawgiver and no one else, He made a command that pleases Him. The Angel nation whaich is more superior being in cleation (made from Light) obeyed with full obedience, where as Iblis (made from smokeless fire) refused, based on pride and envy towards Adam (Made from earth; dirt, soil admixture with water).

Let me show you that God knew Iblis heart all along, which He exposed by not just the creation of Adam, but in addition and finally by the command that He gave to bowdown to Adam. For example, Islam.ically, God strenthen the Mu.sli.ms by weaning them from alcohol, gradually. He started with not coming to prayer if one is influenced by any degree of drunkingness. That gives those who drink the window of when not to drink, eg, when it is close to prayer time. Finally, in time it was commanded not to drink, altogether. When God gives instruct, it has a reason. If Adam was not created Iblis would have been considered a believer by the Angels, who do not know the future. When Adam was created, the true envious nature of Iblis came out and when the command for prostration was issued, he refused. Soon, afterward he was naed Shaitan (meaning a one who has been removed from all aspect of God's Mercy and compassion).

3) O thou, folded in garments! Stand to prayer by night, but not all night - half, or a little less, or a little more: and in slow, measured, rhythmic tones, say forth the Great Book. For soon We shall send down to thee a weighty message.
This is in the Great Book. Should this be a part of the Great Book for it plainly suggests that the weighty message was yet to come.

Has not the very first revelation of 5 verses revealed, before the verses in Surah Muzzamil that you quote? The initial 5 verses of Surah Alaq, when it ws the only revealed verses, they were "Q.ur'an." So your argument is very weak, because when a mu.slim even recites a letter, eg. Alif, from the Q.ur.an, he can tell you that he has recited the Q.u.r'an. And he will be telling the truth. But a knowledgeable person will know that he did not recite a full verse.

4)What is man made of? Dust and sometimes the great book states. Or from a clot of blood as it other times says. Oh . . and who's blood?
ps. did you know that if Jamaican want to yab someone they call them a Bludclat?

Are you from Adam? Is not Adam from dust? Are you not the nature of Adam then?

Evidently, you are grown man, I think. You must have had relationship with your wife if you are a father of at least a child. I hope it is not sand that comes out of you in conjugal relationship with your wife? I also hope that it is not dust that is in Mrs. Ovary, as ovum which your "sperm; unless am mistaking, please crrect me," combine with in the fertilization to produce your baby.

We also know that it has been proven that a bloodclotting stage between when the sperm fertilized the egg and birth of the offspring. The jamaicans are correct about bloodclot, except that they use it in more of the monthly discharges that comes out of the woman, whose egg was not fertilized in that cycle!

And by the way, no woman discharges dust, which was what God made Adam from. But wait, the Eve who was made from Adam was not made from Dust, because the dust of Adam had become flesh when the Ruuh (spirit/soul) was breathed into him!

Didn't I see a christian putting of an argument about Adam is so named because the soil/earth in hebrew is known as Adama? Eyon mi, O ni lati soo otoo o! At least you are willing to learn. That I commend you on.
Re: When lying is a virtue by PastorAIO: 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2008
olabowale:

If you read Surah Baqarah about when the Lord God informed the Angels that an "viceroy," was going to be created, for the earth, you would have gotten the understanding that the Angels were concerned about what a possible bloodshed this Viceroy would pour on the earth. Read that area of the Book, when God said to them the Angels did not know what he knew. You will ask why were the Angels so concerned in the first place? The reasons are many, but an obvious one was that an earlier being had created havoc on earth. That earlier being was the Jinn race. Iblis, before he became Shaitan was from that being!

K.oran says that God commanded the angels to bow. Not God commanded the Angels and the Jinn. Iblis should have been exempt from the command then.

olabowale:

Since God is the Lawgiver and no one else, He made a command that pleases Him. The Angel nation whaich is more superior being in cleation (made from Light) obeyed with full obedience, where as Iblis (made from smokeless fire) refused, based on pride and envy towards Adam (Made from earth; dirt, soil admixture with water).

God can make any command that pleases him, but can God contradict himself. Either he wants to be worshipped alone or He wants man included in his worship.

olabowale:

Has not the very first revelation of 5 verses revealed, before the verses in Surah Muzzamil that you quote? The initial 5 verses of Surah Alaq, when it ws the only revealed verses, they were "Q.your'an." So your argument is very weak, because when a mu.slim even recites a letter, eg. Alif, from the Q.your.an, he can tell you that he has recited the Q.u.r'an. And he will be telling the truth. But a knowledgeable person will know that he did not recite a full verse.

In other words there are conventions of expressions and jargon that are particular to Islam that an outsider would not understand. Such as reciting one letter merits one to say he has quoted the qoran. This means that the Koran should not be taken as a literal text but should only be interpreted within the islamic conventions. Ultimately the qoran is interpreted by the Ijma. Ijma is a form of islamic democracy, is it not. It means the general consensus. But isn't consensus subject to change like every other thing that humans do. That doesn't sit prettily in myheart to think that the proper way to interpret islam depends on what the majority of people think. Sounds more like politics than spirituality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2008
@Pastor AIO:

K.oran says that God commanded the angels to bow. Not God commanded the Angels and the Jinn. Iblis should have been exempt from the command then.

Did I not tell you that God used this means to exposed Iblis's hypocracy, to the Angels? You are still pretending not to understand?

[Quote]
God can make any command that pleases him, but can God contradict himself. Either he wants to be worshipped alone or He wants man included in his worship.
[/quote]

Where is the contradiction. Worship of God is the act that one is in obedience to the command of god. Obedience to God is really the bigger umbella. Iblis failed by not being obedient. hence his worship amounts to Zero because it would not be full heartedly. Please step out of the smoke of Christianity to actually see things as they are. Obedience is the mother of worship.

[Quote]
In other words there are conventions of expressions and jargon that are particular to The Great Religion that an outsider would not understand. Such as reciting one letter merits one to say he has quoted the qoran. This means that the Great Book should not be taken as a literal text but should only be interpreted within the great religious conventions. Ultimately the qoran is interpreted by the Ijma. Ijma is a form of great religious democracy, is it not. It means the general consensus. But isn't consensus subject to change like every other thing that humans do. That doesn't sit prettily in myheart to think that the proper way to interpret the great religion depends on what the majority of people think. Sounds more like politics than spirituality.
[/quote]

Remember that a verse, could be as small as 3 letters. Example of this is the first verse of Surah baqarah. Or just a simgle word. Example is the first verse of Surah Rahman.

Ijma that you are talking about is an agreement to have an application to the moment in question, where things are not as clear. Example is smoking. We see that smoking is damaging to the health of the person, etc. Tet there is no mention of cigarette in the Q.ur'a.n and or Ahadith. But mu.sli.ms do not make decisions without order.

All has to have its root to the Is.la.c sources. For example Ijma has its attachment and acceptance in Is.la.m based on the ahadith where the prophet (as) said that my nation, when they come together to agree on anything that they need to agree upon, they will not err on the side of error. In other words, a decision like that will always be correct as long as the majority of those who have knowledge agree on it.

Islam is political, etc along with the spirituality aspect of the religion. M.usli.ms are guided by Is.lam, or mus.lims are supposed to be guide from cradle to grave by I.sl.am. his religion is the only one that qualifies to be called "Way." And christianity does not based on your knowing that every aspect of mankind should come under his religion. Thats what Is.l.am is. It should be my guide 100%, 24/7.
Re: When lying is a virtue by Spermdrops(m): 4:07am On Jun 05, 2008
Hmmm!
Re: When lying is a virtue by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 06, 2008
as can be expected - sheniqua has been browsing websites with slanted interpretations of the Q'uran. (queen of the cheap shots grin)

how odd that someone who purports to be 'a lover not a fighter' finds the concept of lying to save a marriage/life/friendship questionable.

it probably escaped you and your 'analysts' of I'slam but all our deeds are ultimately judged by our  intentions. that is all the explantion you need( if you are truly looking for knowledge of I'slam)

lets see about lying in christianity( bet all the stuff i will post will be attributed to the usual - they were speaking in parables - wonder what that says about christianity - is it a religioon of double talk where everything is subject to 'interpretation'?  grin

http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/archives/2005/lying-in-christianity/

Nevertheless, we have decided to play their game, and would like to ask: “What about lying in Christianity?”

The answer: it was Paul, the self-confessed “apostle” from Tarsus, who was the first person to rationalise his actions by holding that there was no link between the period in which Jesus (P) had lived and the period in which he himself now lived. Times were changing and conditions that prevailed were such that the ethic of Jesus(P) was out of date and could no longer be applied. It was with such a view that Paul took stock of the situation which existed then and taught what the Gentiles seem to require him to believe:

“All things are lawful unto me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.” (1 Corinthians 6:12)

During the ministry of Jesus(P), Saul (Paul) was a dedicated member of a powerful, exclusive Jewish sect called Pharisees (Acts 26:5). Their pretensions to sanctity had labelled them as hypocrites. When these overbearing vain-glorious Jews confronted Jesus(P), he called them:

“You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.” (John 8:44)

Saul, a zealous persecutor of the devoted disciples of Christ, became the first Christian missionary and an apostle to the Gentiles after converting himself to Christianity by a “vision”, which he claims he had, while on the road to Damascus. The missionary changed his name from Saul to Paul and became the biggest contributor to the Books of the New Testament. From the above verse, Jesus(P) like many of his predecessors condemned lying, deceit and hypocrisy. Lying is condemned several times throughout the Bible, and deceit by its own nature, is sinful and can only lead to hazardous consequences. What does Peter say in regards to guile2?

“For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that speak no guile.” (1 Peter 3:12)

The verse speaks for itself. One of the factors that hinder man’s success in this world and eternal life in the hereafter, is the use of guile. But on his own admittance, what does Paul say?

“But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless being crafty, I caught you with guile.” (2 Corinthians 12:16)

On his own admission, Paul is saying that he uses deception in his modus operandi. In all the new versions of the Bible, the more common term of “deceit” is replaced instead

On his own admission, Paul is saying that he uses deception in his modus operandi. In all the new versions of the Bible, the more common term of “deceit” is replaced instead. This statement is made long after his conversion to Christianity, in the phase when he supposed to be blessed and righteous, and most importantly of all, being guided by Christ. Paul was not only a rejector of the Mosaic Law and the Jesus Ethic, he also asserted that he was a law unto himself. Many people, obviously, could not accept this. Thus Paul responded with:

“For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto His Glory; why yet I am also judged a sinner?” (Romans 3:7-cool

It can be ascertained from this statement that although Paul knew that he was lying, he felt that the means justified the end, but it was not understand how truth would abound through a lie. According to this reasoning, if the man Jesus was equated with God, then what objections could a follower of Jesus have?

Guile is certainly deception. Flattery is simply rather shameful. And they lend themselves nicely to each other. But, deception (especially for the sake of proselytizing) was started by Paul and became the raison d’etre of those who laid the foundation of the European church. And the missionaries of today seem to have no qualms in utilizing it. Deception is the name of the game, and this is obvious when the missionaries start substituting exclusively Great One phrases such as insha’god (God willing) for “Lord Jesus willing”, subhana God (Praise God) with “Praise Lord Jesus”, “Wa Allahu a’lam” (God knows best) with “Jesus knows best”, i.e. in their articles which openly berates The Great Religion. Another attempt at guile is the Christian missionary activity of “church-planting” in Great One nations where they openly state their desire to convert Great Ones “by hook or by crook”.

Perhaps the missionaries in their “pick-and-choose” religion had suffered from amnesia and forgotten the following:

“Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.” (Psalms 32:2)
Re: When lying is a virtue by olabowale(m): 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2008
@Sheniqua: Please reconcile these two conditions for me;

Lord have mercy on your miserable servants

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
still a lover, never a fighter

From the above, you are a "Servant," when you are praying. The time you truly show that you need God/Lord. But you are always a Child, when you are just making a statement, but not praying.

Are you not just praising yourself as a "child," when you truly can not substantiate it? Will this not be called "True Lie?" Darling Sheniqua, how can you be a daughter in time of ease and change to be a servant/slave in time of need? Except that you are truly a servant and that you are not a child.

Al.lah the Almighty says that why does He punish them (those who say that they are children of God), when they sin (afterall, they experience hardship on earth and hell is created to punish the guilty souls). My dear, protect yourself and those whom you love from the certain punishment of God. Speak the truth, and not fallacy.

(1) (Reply)

Faith Or Reason? Which Do You Choose? / Tb Joshua Prophesy About A Possible Aviation Tragedy Comes To Past Today. / Prosperity Pastor Eddie Long Enthroned As “king’ During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.