Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike (1234 Views)

APC Plotting To Impeach Me — Wike / APC Bribed Tribunal With N23b To Oust Me – Wike / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by ifeanyija(m): 10:04am On Aug 04, 2013
I’ll make life more uncomfortable for Amaechi, until he begs me - Wike
Sunday, August 04, 2013

I’ll make life more uncomfortable for Amaechi, Wike vows

Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State must brace up for more trouble from the opposition in the days and months ahead, if the threat, yesterday, by one of the forces against him, is anything to go by.

Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, boasted at a reception for him in Port Harcourt that he is ready to make life even more uncomfortable for the governor who is locked in the political battle of his life with the Presidency and his party (PDP), at the state and federal levels; the State Police Commissioner, Mbu Joseph Mbu and the Police Command; the Minister and his five supporters in the State House of Assembly; ex-militants; as well as other political forces from within and outside the state.

The reception also doubled as a grand finale of the inauguration of units of the Grassroots Development Initiative (GDI) in Obio/Akpor LGA of the state.

Wike is the grand patron of GDI.

“We will make sure they will not sleep again, as they are sleeping now. They will not sleep with their two eyes closed. One eye will be open because they know there is danger,” the minister said, 24 hours after Amaechi told a delegation of Niger Delta Bishops who are trying to resolve the political crisis in the state that Wike remains a minister today by “the grace of God” and his (Amaechi’s) effort.

The governor’s words: “Nyesom Wike was appointed Chief of Staff by me. Nyesom Wike as a Minister of State, I nominated him. I was under pressure by the President to drop him, I refused. The President persuaded me to drop him and bring a woman but I refused.

” I heard he is going all over town saying I didn’t appoint him, I didn’t appoint him, the President appointed him but I nominated him to be a minister as the Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum. I did, but you know character doesn’t come easily, character is a very difficult thing and I am a man of character.”

But in what looked like a response to the broadside fired at him on Friday by Amaechi, the minister said yesterday that the governor and the 27 members of the State Assembly on his side have not had enough trouble occasioned by their April 22 suspension of the Obio/Akpor Local Government Council.
Wike, who is aspiring to replace Amaechi as governor in 2015, hails from the local government area. He was a two-term chairman of the council.

The minister, speaking at yesterday’s rally, said: “They said we are nobody. Then they have seen. When you are dealing with nobody, be careful. The nobody will show you that he is somebody. We will make sure they will not sleep again. As they are sleeping, they will not sleep with their two eyes closed. One eye will be open, because they know there is danger.

“Those who are saying they must remove me, I have even overstayed. For you to be minister for two years, you must thank your God. If today we are no longer minister, do not worry yourself. It will not change us. We will continue to fight for what we believe in.

“We were not minister when we fought for them in 2007. When we were here, they were not having problems. Now, we have gone, they are having problems.

“We have always told them: you cannot do it. What you do not know, you do not know. It does not matter, whatever money you have, money cannot buy everything. Now, they are having sleepless nights. When we were here, were they having sleepless nights?

“When we were here, were they not travelling up and down? Are they travelling again? Tell them, they should come and beg us. Tell them to come back and beg us. We will tell them the secret. What God has not given to you, you do not need to do anything about it.

“I can assure you, all they are asking for: they want a commissioner of police that will be arresting you. Anytime they call the CP, he will arrest you. But let me tell you, we are not interested in whoever comes here (CP), all we are interested in is to have somebody who will not be partial.

“Let them bring whoever they want to bring (as CP).We want somebody who will want democracy to be practised in Rivers State. They said one man, one vote. Now, they do not want one man, one vote again.

“Obio/Akpor LGA is not a place you can toy with. Those who feel they can suspend Obio/Akpor council officials, we will make them uncomfortable. They felt once they had dissolved the council, they would sleep.

“The party has suspended them, because they have touched the lion and when you touch the lion, you know the consequences. Since they said the councillors will not take their salaries, they also will know that they will not belong to the PDP.

“The party chairman (Chief Felix Obuah) warned them and they said he would not be able to do anything. At the end of the day, they are going to court to challenge us. We will meet them in court. We are not afraid of the court. We are accustomed to it. All the ones they have gone, we have been winning them and we will continue to win them.

“They are doing everything they can. They are using their power and their money. Money cannot solve all problems. Sometimes, you have to come back home and realise that the people matter a lot. It is the power of the people that has put us in positions and you must come back to thank the people.
“Forget about what they are doing to you (his supporters). Do not worry. We are all together. Do not lose hope. God is on the throne.”

Wike said the suspended Chairman of Obio/Akpor LG, Mr. Timothy Nsirim, who also attended the rally; his deputy, Solomon Eke, and the 17 councillors have been denied their salaries since April, but said that is part of the sacrifice to make democracy survive.

The minister asked the people of the state to continue to support President Jonathan and the party.
He urged members of the GDI, in particular, to go to all the wards, communities and families in the state not to abandon President Jonathan and his wife.

Wike added: “Your duty as GDI members is to go and mobilise the entire state for our son (Jonathan), eventually when he decides to run and we believe the people of the Southsouth zone cannot sacrifice, for whatever it is, our own son, for anything less than President.”

Factional Chairman of the PDP in the state, Chief Felix Obuah, pledged at the function to reconcile Amaechi, Wike and other aggrieved members of the party in the state.

Obuah said: “I want to invite the governor (Amaechi), the minister (Wike) and all aggrieved members of Ikwerre community, to be with me in my palace next weekend. Let us sit down and fashion a way forward. I will not sit down and see my children quarrelling, and I will not feel concerned.”

A former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Austin Opara, described Obio/Akpor LGA as the home of the GDI and the PDP, stressing that “anybody standing on your way is standing before a moving train and will be crushed.”

The President-General of the GDI, Bright Amewhule, in his remarks, stated that President Jonathan would be supported to return in 2015 and that they were solidly behind Wike.
The ceremony is the latest by the anti-Amaechi camp in the state.

Similar ceremonies by pro-Amaechi groups are routinely disallowed by the police, prompting observers from within and outside the state to accuse the police leadership in the state of taking sides.

A rally scheduled for last Tuesday by civil rights groups to protest what they called anti-democratic tendencies in the state was not allowed to hold by the police.

Some militants even threatened that the lives of some of those expected at the rally were not safe should they come.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/08/ill-make-life-more-uncomfortable-for.html

Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by ghosttownboss(m): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2013
pride goes before a fall! wike are u God?

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 04, 2013
I think all this inconsequential statistical piece of materials called politicians need to be burnt alive. The are the reason why this country is not moving forward

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by ifeanyija(m): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2013
Pls focus on ur job
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by Provie(m): 11:34am On Aug 04, 2013
Dis man talks like a chatterbox. Anyone knows him very well? Is he a second wife? Help plz!
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by RichDad1(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2013
only in Nigeria that a second grade minister will be threaten a state Governor publicly. Only in Nigeria- the land of impunity of the highest order. Smh
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by DeCleff(m): 12:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
And how are u(wike) going to make Ameachi uncomfortable when the national assembly has taken over the legislative responsibility of rivers assembly?

Can u see the handwriting on the wall that Ameachi is on the safe side?

If you want to fight Ameachi, there's no problem with that. But let the presidency and all federal agencies be left out in the fight, so it will a fight of Ameachi vs Wike.

So at the end of the battle, we'll know who is the man
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by kokoA(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
Never attempt to outshine your master.. Wike needs a lecture on "secrets of power 101". When you least expect it, amechi will settle with gej (as politicians always do) and Wike will realize how insignificant he is when gej kicks him out of his cabinet.
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
On a side note: Why must Nigerian ministers be nominated by governors? Why must we continue to appoint a minister from every state of the country? Why can't we appoint competent technocrats to run our affairs?

Imagine a sensitive and strategic ministry like EDUCATION being run by a tout.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

1 Like

Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by Edipee(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lets see whether WIKE will not share in the same table with AMAECHI by or after 2015. Dont be deceived, this people only shout when there is conflict of interest, when they want to share the money you'll not hear it. Be wise.
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by bloggernaija: 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
Imagine
This tout ,a minister of education.
Dysfunction has turned to OGOGORO REPUBLIC
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by bloggernaija: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
HNosegbe: On a side note: Why must Nigerian ministers be nominated by governors? Why must we continue to appoint a minister from every state of the country? Why can't we appoint competent technocrats to run our affairs?

Imagine a sensitive and strategic ministry like EDUCATION being run by a tout.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

IT ONLY A FOOL WHO ALLOWS SOMEONE ELSE TO CHOOSE HIS WIFE.
THIS IS PART OF WHAT WE ARE SAYING. NIGERIA NEEDS A NEW DIRECTION AND A NEW LEADER.
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by greatgod2012(f): 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
When God says yes, Wike can't say no

AND

When God says no, Wike can't say yes.

God has the final say.

These politicians should stop talking as if they have control over tomorrow.
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
What really is this man saying with ASUU on strike? Isn't he in the Education ministry?
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by Symphony007: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
ASUU is on strike, students are languishing at home and the minister for state, education is in rivers state fighting his governor but his boss mr president is not saying anything or cautioning him.
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
ASUU is on strike and this man is busy holding rallies as if all is well with his ministry. Is Amaechi part of ASUU that Wike wants to deal with him?
What has NANS done about the strike? Isn't NANS supposed to hold a rally infront of this man's office and make life uncomfortable for him, until the strike is called off.
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by BabaEleko(m): 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
Confirm PDP official thug!!! See as hin dey proud of himself. This morasucka called GEJ drove Nigeria's destiny another 10 years backward.
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by supersonic(m): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
This yeye man is boasting of making someone's life uncomfortable. Is it because he has the backing of the president or what?" Igberaga ni sa'ju iparun"
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by baynix(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hu Let Ds Dogg Out!? grin grin
Re: I’ll Make Life More Uncomfortable For Amaechi, Until He Begs Me - Wike by ssii: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
This Wike has lost every iota of shame and self-restraint in his bid to become governor, He is just deceiving himself if he thinks he can become the governor of Rivers state with the way he is going. I wonder why GEJ has not removed this man as minister. He is at the center of the Rivers crisis.
See the amount of police protecting him. GEJ will not stop this man, he thinks it's Wike that will deliver 2015 to him. Okay o, we are watching to see how this drama will end. One thing I know, Wike can never be governor of Rivers state.

(1) (Reply)

Awori Lagosian Prince Speaks On Deportation / Crisis In Mabushi Abuja Over Non Issuance Of Fcsc Forms / Jonathan To Governors: I Didn’t Promise One Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.