Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Tax Clearance Certificate For Employee - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tax Clearance Certificate For Employee (3423 Views)

Nigerian Police Clearance Certificate / Tax Clearance Certificate For Uk Tourist Visa / Tax Clearance Certificate And Gurantee Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tax Clearance Certificate For Employee by vinedi2012: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
Dear Landers,

I urgently need some clarifications on the content of Tax Clearance Certificate.
As part of requirement for visa, I have been asked to provide Tax Clearance Certificate to support my payslips.
My employer has failed to provide tax documents for me, but they only gave a letter stating that all through the period of my employment tax was deducted from my salary. People are telling me that based on experience this letter is not sufficient and my visa might be refused. Now I am wondering if I can go to the tax offices myself (Lagos and Rivers state where I worked)and obtain Tax Clearance myself. Again, I would like to know if the tax clearance certificate issued by Lagos state or Rivers State carry both the employer's name and the employee's name or just the employee's name. This is because for the worse case scenario, if I decide to pay the tax amount based on the income threshold I am claiming on the payslip, is it possible that the Tax Clearance Certificate will bear both the employer and employee's names. This is really urgent for me to provide the document. I will appreciate your assistance. I am considering from 2003 till 2012.

Thanks
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate For Employee by santafe(m): 12:25am On Aug 10, 2013
Yes. Tax clearance certificate from Lagos will indicate your name, your employers name, the years in question. The amount you earned per annum and the tax paid thereon.
Go to the tax office that your company uses.
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate For Employee by santafe(m): 10:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
Schedule of remittance will not be sufficient. He will need his TCC from LIRS.

(1) (Reply)

Study In Canada Without IELTS, That One Thing Hindering Your Future / Teleperformance, Need Help Please! / Where Is This In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.