Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,560 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? (2357 Views)

Pastor In Adultery Mess, Flees Housewife’s Home Unclad / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / If Nigerians Love God The Way They Love Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Patsey: 3:45am On Aug 05, 2013
[size=14pt]It's often said that Nigeria is one of the most religious countries on the planet earth. I insist that Nigeria is one of the most hypocritical countries in the world. If in deed, Nigerians-be it Muslims, Christians, New Age, Animists, etc-are truly religious as they purport, it's either they are suffering self-delusion or their God is deaf and dead. Nigeria is in such a mess that rather than tackle the problems head on, using our intellect and resources, we resign everything to some unverifiable deities. The vast majority of church and mosque leaders as well as animist priests and priestesses are FRAUDSTERS! Congregants do not fare better, frivolously engaging in vices. These leave me with a crucially important question: IF NIGERIANS ARE TRULY GODLY, WHY IS THE COUNTRY IN THIS TERRIBLE MESS?
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by tyson55(m): 3:56am On Aug 05, 2013
Good question.

I have been pondering over the same thing for a long time too. Why is the country in such a mess, since we are tagged "very religious people"? Maybe it's all just on the surface, cuz i know that Nigeria has the largest collection of hypocrites, ethnic antagonists, malevolent goons and unscrupulous maniacs.

Sorry to say this, but it's just the plain truth. Look at the recent happenings in Lagos ( the deportation saga) and how quickly they are all neck deep in the putrid pool of ethnic bigotry.

Can't really figure out why. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 5:19am On Aug 05, 2013
there's a thin line between being religious and being stupidd which unfortunately the latter is the case of so many Nigerians. I wouldn't say is cos of illiteracy or poverty, but I'll believe Nigerians profess religion but don't practice it.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by nedu2000(m): 5:30am On Aug 05, 2013
Hypocrites is what nigerians are

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by nerodenero: 6:28am On Aug 05, 2013
Nigerians aint Godly,we are just bunch of religious people who profess this and never practice it.We are always divided along religion and ethnicity.These issues needs to be addressed before we can move forward.I'm very sure that God is tired of us as we pray for virtually everything when the main thing is to act.

3 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 05, 2013
Godliness doesn't necessarily equate to morality. Most Christians mimic their father Yahweh: selfish, jealous, tribalistic, conniving scum.

6 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by obyrich(m): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2013
Having a form of godliness but denying its powers! Thats what we do in Nigeria. Every religious man in Nigeria is a fanatic, foolish, wicked, self-centred, dubious, confused ar.sehole! Moreover, Nigerians are ethnocentric religious bigots with a god-complex! A very religious Nigerian is a dangerous bigot with a highly prejudiced myopic perspective on the dynamics of life.

3 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by ooman(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2013
God himself and its idea is the problem of the black man. If God can be gotten off our world, we will start asking questions and seeking answers rather than praying to a god and blaming the devil.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by EreluY(f): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
This is an interesting topic. Nigerians hide under religion to do all sorts and manners of ungodly things. Religion is definitely the opium of the Nigerian masses. It's also the stumbling block to finding solutions to Nigeria's problems. Rather than subject Nigeria's problems to critical analyses, and then rationally proffer adequate and lasting solutions, Nigeria and Nigerians would resort to prayers and then 'hand over' the problems into God's hand. Any wonder, Nigeria, since the late 1970s has continued to deteriorate?

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by ACITYOFTRUTH: 9:03am On Aug 07, 2013
It is time to make the truth known this sort of post is a testimony of an answered prayer,everybody is there expecting somebody to do the work all the people must do the Bible says if my people can humble themselves pray seek me&turn frm there wicked ways &i will hear frm heaven &heal there land.Everybody is required to solve the problem of the earth,the works of God are great but experienced by those that delight in Him.the almighty will force u to be blessed.Gen 6/3 u can't be running away &expect to be blessed let all return to God &He will return to us,Mal 3/7.May the Lord bless&multiply His grace upon the people.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by mazaje(m): 9:34am On Aug 07, 2013
Because no god any where has ever helped any group of people develop. . .

musKeeto: Godliness doesn't necessarily equate to morality. Most Christians mimic their father Yahweh: selfish, jealous, tribalistic, conniving scum.

LOL!. . .Same with the muslims. . .

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Image123(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nigerians are not godly, they are religious.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
The europeans used the best tool against whole African.............first is self hatred (black race look at themselves as cursed race and destined to be slave), second is division and conquering (thousands of christian and islamic sect fighting against each other within the same family, community and nation), third sealing and controlling mind (Africans look up to heaven where they keep their treasures, non is ready to change the world) and lastly is reproduction and remixing the chains on African brain (takes black muslim to die for mohamed and black christian to defend white Jesus)

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by manmustwac(m): 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nigerians. Hypocrites who dont even know that they are hypocrites. They don't even know what the word hypocrite means:

noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
musKeeto: Godliness doesn't necessarily equate to morality. Most Christians mimic their father Yahweh: selfish, jealous, tribalistic, conniving scum.
lwkm
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
I think this topic should be on front page
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
9jadelta: I think this topic should be on front page
No hope now MMW has been suspended..
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2013
There is a difference between religion and godliness. Gods word works. Naijerians are mostly just religious. From the behaviour some people exhibit, I wonder if they want to bribe God, or they think God is stupid. GOD demands more than just ritualistic religious practices, he demands a change in life thats only gotten through fellowship with him. The average naijerian man thinks God is his weapon or goodluck charm. So op, nigerians in general are not godly, most dont even know God, thats why this country is in a mess, but that won't last long, cuz we who know God are rising up, we're beginning to show the world once more what walking with God is all about. Wait a little and keep watch.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2013
Chibuebem: There is a difference between religion and godliness. Gods word works. Naijerians are mostly just religious. From the behaviour some people exhibit, I wonder if they want to bribe God, or they think God is stupid. GOD demands more than just ritualistic religious practices, he demands a change in life thats only gotten through fellowship with him. The average naijerian man thinks God is his weapon or goodluck charm. So op, nigerians in general are not godly, most dont even know God, thats why this country is in a mess, but that won't last long, cuz we who know God are rising up, we're beginning to show the world once more what walking with God is all about. Wait a little and keep watch.

Lol.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje: Because no god any where has ever helped any group of people develop. . .
very untrue. I repeat, this statement is one of the most false statements I've heard.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by mazaje(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
Chibuebem: very untrue. I repeat, this statement is one of the most false statements I've heard.

Point to a country that any god has helped to develop. . .
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje:

Point to a country that any god has helped to develop. . .
GOD himself was/is behind the origin and the development of Israel for example.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by mazaje(m): 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
Chibuebem: GOD himself was/is behind the origin and the development of Israel for example.

Development how?. . .Was ancient Israel ever better than ancient Egypt or Ancient Greece for example, was it better than ancient Rome?. . .How developed was ancient Israel compared to this pagan nations?. .

Now how did god help them develop?. . .Did he give them new building techniques, new or better medical services, give them new technology, new knowledge on how to improve or advance their society etc?. . .How did god help them develop when they were been captured and sent into exile many many times. . .

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by nora544: 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
Chibuebem: GOD himself was/is behind the origin and the development of Israel for example.

sorry but the people from israel work hard that there country is what it is now and they get much help from america.

When people only pray and fast nothing will come out of such a country.

You have to work hard, and belief that god will help you that what you want come tru and not hoping that a miracle will make you rich.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje:

Development how?. . .Was ancient Israel ever better than ancient Egypt or Ancient Greece for example, was it better than ancient Rome?. . .How developed was ancient Israel compared to this pagan nations?. .

Now how did god help them develop?. . .Did he give them new building techniques, new or better medical services, give them new technology, new knowledge on how to improve or advance their society etc?. . .How did god help them develop when they were been captured and sent into exile many many times. . .
for starters, do you even know the meaning of development? Again, have you heard of solomon? Do you know how Israel was in his days? GOD was behind that. Sin and satan was behind their perils
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:15am On Aug 09, 2013
Chibuebem: for starters, do you even know the meaning of development? Again, have you heard of solomon? Do you know how Israel was in his days? GOD was behind that. Sin and satan was behind their perils

Outside of the bible stories, there is not a shred of evidence that Solomon ever existed. No archeologist has ever found a single stone from any structure he built. We've discovered cities far older than ancient Israel supposedly is; we even have many fragments of their written works that have now been translated, yet there is not a single reference to Saul, David, Absalom Solomon, Rehoboam, or any other king of Isreal. In fact the only early references to the Isreal (or rather, Judah) are from the the time of the Babylonian conquest.

Even the people who lived in the area around the time have been confirmed (through the artefacts they left behind) to have been pagans. There is no discernible difference between their religion and those of the nations surrounding them before 500 b.c.e. when monotheism first appeared.

The bible stories are just stories. Solomon is as much a myth as Oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 09, 2013
Evil Brain:

Outside of the bible stories, there is not a shred of evidence that Solomon ever existed. No archeologist has ever found a single stone from any structure he built. We've discovered cities far older than ancient Israel supposedly is; we even have many fragments of their written works that have now been translated, yet there is not a single reference to Saul, David, Absalom Solomon, Rehoboam, or any other king of Isreal. In fact the only early references to the Isreal (or rather, Judah) are from the the time of the Babylonian conquest.

Even the people who lived in the area around the time have been confirmed (through the artefacts turbulent behind) to have been pagans. There is no discernible difference between their religion and those of the nations surrounding them before 500 b.c.e. when monotheism first appeared.

The bible stories are just stories. Solomon is as much a myth as Oduduwa.
i'm sorry Sir, but once you deny the bible, i have nothing else to say. You have silenced me. The word is true. Thats what I believe.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by mazaje(m): 12:30am On Aug 09, 2013
Chibuebem: i'm sorry Sir, but once you deny the bible, i have nothing else to say. You have silenced me. The word is true. Thats what I believe.

The fact that you believe the word does not make it true. . .Israel was never a great nation any where. . .All the conquest you read about in the bible are all mythical stories that never happened. . .We have magnificent building standing in Egypt, Greece, Rome etc that date thousands of years ago. . .Nothing great standing in ancient Israel to show that it was a mighty nation. . .

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Heatblast(m): 1:01am On Aug 09, 2013
I recently saw this post somewhere
Chibuebem: have you read about a man named cornelius in the bible? Now, this isn't just religion, its more than that. Cornelius was much better that Mr. Gates considering the fact that he believed in God and was trying to get to him. God acknowledged his good works but sent peter to him still, so that he would hear the message and get saved. His good works were good, but they couldn't by themselves get him salvation. Being good, having good morals won't get anyone anywhere. God doesn't accept sin in any way. He presents his free gift of salvation through Jesus.

this is the typical mentality of the average religious Nigerian(christian in this case).
The answer to your question is simple; god doesn't give a damn if you're good or not, he is more concerned about your religion

now you see why the 'god' idea isn't good for the society?

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:37am On Aug 09, 2013
Chibuebem: i'm sorry Sir, but once you deny the bible, i have nothing else to say. You have silenced me. The word is true. Thats what I believe.

So you're turning your brain off?

Good idea. Don't let reality get in the way of your faith.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by tpia5: 2:02am On Aug 09, 2013

Were you expecting a moniker called evil brain to affirm the bible?

Even if a user id is Ibelievethebible, why should you base your own beliefs on that?

Just curious, you can enlighten me.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 09, 2013
mazaje:

The fact that you believe the word does not make it true. . .Israel was never a great nation any where. . .All the conquest you read about in the bible are all mythical stories that never happened. . .We have magnificent building standing in Egypt, Greece, Rome etc that date thousands of years ago. . .Nothing great standing in ancient Israel to show that it was a mighty nation. . .
toh. You have silenced me then. Because I believe the word is true and has proved true in my life. The fact that you do not believe the word does not make it untrue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Bath For Married Woman In The Name Of Praying And Annointing / Churches And Ponzi Schemes (MMM) / Nigerian Pastor Bishop Sam Zuga Unveils ‘world Wonders Water’ (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.