Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? (2358 Views)

Pastor In Adultery Mess, Flees Housewife’s Home Unclad / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women / If Nigerians Love God The Way They Love Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 09, 2013
Evil Brain:

So you're turning your brain off?

Good idea. Don't let reality get in the way of your faith.
sorry sir, reality has never gotten in the way of my faith. My faith has proved and explained reality, and has helped me understand what reality truly is.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 09, 2013
tpia@:

Were you expecting a moniker called evil brain to affirm the bible?

Even if a user id is Ibelievethebible, why should you base your own beliefs on that?

Just curious, you can enlighten me.
its not just a belief you see. I experience the REALITY of the scriptures in my life. I know their life and power. Thats why nobody will ever move me. I don't need anyones affirmation to know that Gods word is real and true because I WALK IN THE REALITY OF IT. It is fulfilled in my life. Evil brain has false perceptions of reality.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2013
Heatblast: I recently saw this post somewhere

this is the typical mentality of the average religious Nigerian(christian in this case).
The answer to your question is simple; god doesn't give a damn if you're good or not, he is more concerned about your religion

now you see why the 'god' idea isn't good for the society?
you misunderstood my post as usual.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 09, 2013
Chibuebem: toh. You have silenced me then. Because I believe the word is true and has proved true in my life. The fact that you do not believe the word does not make it untrue.
And your believing it makes it true...
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2013
musKeeto:
And your believing it makes it true...
no. My believing and experiencing it makes it true. It being active and fulfilled in my life makes it true.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 09, 2013
^^^
Chibuebem: its not just a belief you see. I experience the REALITY of the scriptures in my life. I know their life and power. Thats why nobody will ever move me. I don't need anyones affirmation to know that Gods word is real and true because I WALK IN THE REALITY OF IT. It is fulfilled in my life. Evil brain has false perceptions of reality.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Image123(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Chibuebem: its not just a belief you see. I experience the REALITY of the scriptures in my life. I know their life and power. Thats why nobody will ever move me. I don't need anyones affirmation to know that Gods word is real and true because I WALK IN THE REALITY OF IT. It is fulfilled in my life. Evil brain has false perceptions of reality.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2013
Image123:

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
thank you.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2013

You just perfectly captured why Nigeria is in such a mess. Because we have too many self deluded people like you who base their all their actions on a version of reality that only exists inside their heads.

People who refuse to accept the truth no matter how much evidence and logic they are shown. It doesn't matter to them that their beliefs are demonstrably false. Elvis is alive, miracle healings, Big Foot, talking snakes, palm reading, speaking in tongues, dousing for water, UFOs, evil spirits. You can tell the difference between fiction and reality.

Why wouldn't Nigeria be in a mess when the lunatics are running the asylum.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
Evil Brain:

You just perfectly captured why Nigeria is in such a mess. Because we have too many self deluded people like you who base their all their actions on a version of reality that only exists inside their heads.

People who refuse to accept the truth no matter how much evidence and logic they are shown. It doesn't matter to them that their beliefs are demonstrably false. Elvis is alive, miracle healings, Big Foot, talking snakes, palm reading, speaking in tongues, dousing for water, UFOs, evil spirits. You can tell the difference between fiction and reality.

what you call demonstrably false is being fulfilled in people's lives. But you don't believe. You blame nigerian's problem on religion? The romans blamed earthquakes and natural disasters on the early church. I see no difference. The problem is sin. Jesus came to take away sin, and man's rebellious nature makes him insult the only answer he has received as a gift. Smh. Calm down brother and ponder. This is a serious matter.
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by Image123(m): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
Evil Brain:

And this is the logic and evidence we should crave for,right? The man who has experienced God is not at the mercy of a man with just an argument. The best argument is not necessarily the truth, the world is cursed with many sweet tongues and seducers. If you're looking for a reason why your life is failing, look elsewhere. There are christians in every sphere of life in every part of the world. There are brilliant christians in every multinational, i don't see why you think your calamity is a result of anyone being a christian.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by BERNIMOORE: 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
Patsey: [size=14pt]It's often said that Nigeria is one of the most religious countries on the planet earth. I insist that Nigeria is one of the most hypocritical countries in the world. If in deed, Nigerians-be it Muslims, Christians, New Age, Animists, etc-are truly religious as they purport, it's either they are suffering self-delusion or their God is deaf and dead. Nigeria is in such a mess that rather than tackle the problems head on, using our intellect and resources, we resign everything to some unverifiable deities. The vast majority of church and mosque leaders as well as animist priests and priestesses are FRAUDSTERS! Congregants do not fare better, frivolously engaging in vices. These leave me with a crucially important question: IF NIGERIANS ARE TRULY GODLY, WHY IS THE COUNTRY IN THIS TERRIBLE MESS?
[/size]

see the answer below,

1, people go church for selfish reasons; they want miracle, in financial form, so they fall snare of false prophets using divinations to extort them when they hear 'in jesus name' they believe the prophets are from God, but jesus says the prophets are lawless people!

2, people rush there is crowd, but fail to decide wheather they practice the real love jesus talked about as an identifying mark,

read bolded;

matthew 7:13-

13 [size=14pt]“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it[/size]. 14 Because[a] [size=14pt]narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.[/size]

15[size=18pt] “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits.[/size] Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18[size=14pt] A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.[/size] 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

21 [size=14pt]“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’[/size]
Re: If Nigerians Are Truly Godly, Why Is The Country In This Terrible Mess? by nnofaith: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
Chibuebem: what you call demonstrably false is being fulfilled in people's lives. But you don't believe. You blame nigerian's problem on religion? The romans blamed earthquakes and natural disasters on the early church. I see no difference. The problem is sin. Jesus came to take away sin, and man's rebellious nature makes him insult the only answer he has received as a gift. Smh. Calm down brother and ponder. This is a serious matter.
Sky daddy must really be working wonders in your life! cool!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Married Women Bear Their Husbands Name? / Victory Over Sickness And Diseases. Sermon & Prayer Points By Pastor E.A Adeboye / How To Start Practicing Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.