Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m (30770 Views)

Soldiers Arrest Kidnapper In Nkporo, Abia, Recover Over N5M & Weapons. Photos / Man Electrocuted While Trying To Steal Electric Cable (Photo) / Fake Bank Alert: Police Arrest Suspected Kingpin In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by logica(m): 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
Edipee: Will crime ever stop in Nigeria?
Lol. Will crime ever stop in the WORLD? undecided
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Biodup: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
femi4: But if you receive credit alert, it should contain not only the amount sent to you but also your account balance.
I guess somebody is not smart enough here
you make sense die. Best contribution so far. You don't just bank you must also know your account officer. Sometimes the need may arise for you to get info about your account.

3 Likes

Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by lafuria1(m): 12:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
This is one of the reasons UK banks don't send credit alert to ones phone. Fraudsters every where.
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by miqos02(m): 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
Edipee: Will crime ever stop in Nigeria?
criminals are everywhere, not only nigeria

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by lafuria1(m): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
femi4: But if you receive credit alert, it should contain not only the amount sent to you but also your account balance.
Is not really about being smart but no knowing the format credit SMS alert come in. I receive MTN promo win alert, immediately I know is fake when I see the format isn't the usual MTN text format.

People need to educated by their banks on what they should see when they receive credit SMS alert.
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Afroconnect: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
EFCC ministers,governors,local goverment chairmen are there stealing billions go after them-they are the ones killing this country,sabotaging our economy.
People stealing public funds are worse than youths defrauding individuals-these public office looters deserve death or life in jail.shame on EFCC.

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Igwe9(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
I use both e-mail and phone number not known by many to receive alerts.
cheers!

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by akereconfi: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as easy as abc... the stupid man use a customised sms. buh hw come the victim didnt see the availab;e balance in d txt or manyb the man had knowledge if his current balance and added 5 million to it
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by leonn(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
chairman take note these guys have their collaboratorsin these banks they the balance on the account before sending such fraudulent sms(abi u tink say dem no get sense)
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Linoversace: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
la furia:
Is not really about being smart but no knowing the format credit SMS alert come in. I receive MTN promo win alert, immediately I know is fake when I see the format isn't the usual MTN text format.

People need to educated by their banks on what they should see when they receive credit SMS alert.

…and some people forget to check the sender.
MTN -- MTN and MTN N
Diamond --- Diamond and Diamond@
UBA-- UBA
Gtbank - GTBANK
Ecobank--- Ecobank@

You just have to be smart about it. cool
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Deko1(m): 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Deko1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
Deko1: Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!
Laugh no wan kill me here
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
Jibiti again
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by sayitout1: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2013

It was successful because the Aboki was careless & desperate to make profit so he forgot to do his due deligent. It is also important we know that there is nothing this 419 guys can't do. I believe it wasn't the first transaction they heard done. The guys will first of all do several transactions with the aboki that will not be fraudulent until they gain aboki trust. Thats when they'll strick.

Secondly, some have bank links that will release the account balance of the account provided to make the job look real.

Aboki had confident in the guy & never suspected any fraud so he did not aleart his brother to confirm account balance properly. The brother also didn't bother cos he believe the other brother knows and have done business with the fraudulent guy.
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2013
Clear Throats*
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by eagleeye2: 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
alpha conde: When u get an alert use your atm to cross check. This kinda of scam was invented d same day sms banking was invented.

How can someone have so much money and have little brains?
The guy na aboki naw....... Common sense should have told him to double check. I have experienced such before, where I got a genuine alert from my bank and tried to withdraw only to b told that the check has not yet dropped.....that they just sent it to the other bank for clearing.
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by eagleeye2: 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
175: Is it dat one should after receiving alert still go to the bank and cross check to be extra sure again? I give up. . .
Like someone already pointed out, a credit alert will contain the amount paid in and you new account balance after the money has been paid. Kapish.
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Enems(m): 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
[left][/left][img][/img]Nigerians ar wonderfull wen it cums 2 anti-social act.Nigerians ar wonderfull wen it cums 2 anti-social act.Nigerians ar wonderfull wen it cums 2 anti-social act.
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by instinctg(m): 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
due to the readily available customisable SMS via various SMS portals.

for high cash transactions, verify from your ATM or Mobile banking platforms

even every debit /credit alert has your account balance so one has to be more vigilant
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by veron007: 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
Please in business DO NOT TRUST ANY ALERT YOU SEE. Use your mobile phone and log into your account to confirm.[/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt]
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by Afolayan123: 1:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
This is noted........i will spread this in office......new crime update

1 Like

Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by seangy4konji: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2013
Hope e had finished spending the money before arrested cos that can be a pain in d ass...Money is scarce but at least he will still enjoy in prison by getting is asshole drilled...nice one.
Re: Man Uses Fake Bank Alert To Steal N5m by emmanuel4758(m): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
sexymma1: u dey use NITEL browse
my broda mtn stupid die i dey dance say i be 2nd nt knowin i neary carry last chai i no go beta for dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Buy Gifts For Orphanages, Donate To Church After Robbery – Suspect (photo) / Pictures And Register Of Militants In Arepo Recovered By Military / A Woman Caught On Camera Stealing At A Children's Store In Okota, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.