Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones (12219 Views)

Browse Internet Free For 1 Year / Which Network Is The Best To Browse Internet? / How To Access Facebook Desktop Version On Mobile Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Adamskuty(m): 10:15am On Aug 05, 2013
olokfor: A total of 48.3 million telephone subscribers actively browse the Internet on their mobile phones, investigations have shown.

Statistics obtained from the Nigerian Communications Commission on Friday showed that Internet subscriptions through the telecommunications operators increased by 26.44 per cent between May 31 and June 30, 2013.
Active Internet subscription as of the endof June, but it was, however, 16.29 per cent less than the total Internet mobile subscriptions.

At the end of June, a total of 57.7 million telephone subscribers had Internet subscription, although only 48.3 million were active subscribers.
This means that a total of 9.4 million Internet subscriptions were inactive.
At the end of May, the active mobile Internet subscription stood at 38.2 million. This means that within a period of one month (between May and June), 10.1 million active subscribers started using the Internet on their phones, a difference of 26.44 per cent.

The total subscription at the end of May, however, stood at 44.69 million. This translates to an inactive population of 6.49 million subscribers or a ratio of 14.52 per cent.

With an active subscription of 24.5 million, MTN Nigeria Communications Limited had the largest mobile Internet subscription rate at the end of June. This means that 50.72 per cent of all mobile Internet subscribers as of June 30 were hooked to the MTN network.

www.metronaija.com/48-3-million-nigerians-browse-internet-on-mobile-phones/
quoted for the future
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by nerodenero: 10:21am On Aug 05, 2013
mc~evans:

You have always been an E-diot! No Doubt.
my thought too.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Lateef9961(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2013
And sum stewpid organization said an average nigerian is living below 1 dollar
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Melancholy(m): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2013
This a welcome development from nigerians at the expense of getting information.However,MTN can makes those sim cards accessible to internets but they carries higher ratio of inactive subscribers cos i hardly here people saying they used MTN sims to browse this days.Guys uses etisalat data nowadays jor!
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Christmasdon(m): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2013
..in the nearest future mb will be a sort of free THinGS. So far u have N100 in ur account. I predict.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Christmasdon(m): 10:31am On Aug 05, 2013
..as for me it's better for me Not to have money in my account than not having mb. I love to browse with etisalat network it's the best. But people 're saying airtel feels better so as for multiLINKS.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Jeezyy(m): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2013
I'm browsing with phone rite nw
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by sniperwolf(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2013
This is a good reason why NCC should look into the charges for internet subscriptions
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Decapo: 10:34am On Aug 05, 2013
Airforce1:

Ok
where do u come from? U quoted everything to show us how stup!d u are

1 Like

Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 05, 2013
At the end what do we get? 260mb for 10 dollars . Stupid ncc, a country as big as this with no cheap source to access the internet
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2013
dridowu: I belve ds, most of my browsing is on d phone , even rit now. I used system only when i have to download large files
phone is more convenient than PC
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Chanchit: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2013
Come to think of it, na NL dey chop 89% of my Mb o.. Btw, I dnt feel comfortable browsing on system, I do that only when its a must.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Tonylyte(m): 10:46am On Aug 05, 2013
Me na empt-hen i dey use dey browse sha. No be bis sef, na daily bundle....d tin d chop my money no be small...
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by IAMBREEZY: 10:50am On Aug 05, 2013
emmysenior: This should be in the phones section.

However, it's a great news that most people will now have access to infos. But the funny thing is that, most girls and few guys will only facebook, do BBM chat, 2go and will let the remaining bunch/chunk of massive data go with the wind on expiration.

They won't even download novels, read articles, news or better still download songs.
u re right bro,i don't exhause all my gig before the expiry date,
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by torgbe(m): 10:52am On Aug 05, 2013
Adamskuty: 3 times the size of ghana
wat Ghana do you?? Wat have u been able to achieve with ur large population

2 Likes

Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 05, 2013
kedukc: I foresee a crash in prices but we know how the folks at ncc behave
those people are the most foo.olish asswags ever. They cant control anything than to fine, embezzled the money. They asked operators to start charging 6 naira yet they asked those that did to stop. They have no control over whatever internet service providers did with internet. All they do is fine and embezzle instead of giving the money to the subscribers affected by network excesses. The most redundant organisation on the country is ncc, I don't know there job and I bet some people don't either. They should be scrapped
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 05, 2013
torgbe: wat Ghana do you?? Wat have u been able to achieve with ur large population
you no get Google for your browser?

2 Likes

Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Donmichaelz(m): 11:00am On Aug 05, 2013
That's why we don't think of commiting suiside as we dey think of suiside Etisalat go just send free 15MB,
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Sicozone(m): 11:06am On Aug 05, 2013
Yungwizzzy: network providers are really making hell from Nigerians imagine this figure multiplied by their high data rates. and yet one useless organization will sit in the US and report that 90% of Nigerians are poor wurehell. pesin Neva see food chop e go subscribe 4 internet data??
No 1. What do u mean by they're making hell? Have you been there before? What does ur hell qualify or quantify? Cos i dont think hell iz a rich entity.
No 2. Why would u call some organization useless? What do u know about such org.? What research have you done to validate your statement?
No 3. Don't you know research has been done before such statistics must have been done? The truth is that most Nigerians are poor. That a person can afford a 100 naira for 10mb doesn't mean he's rich. I wonder,why such baseless accusation by you? I think you yourself need to go to the crook and crannies of this nation and see for yourself that Nigeria is a poverty stricken nation irrespective of the figure that 48.3 million people can afford data subscription
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by PetroDolla: 11:06am On Aug 05, 2013
Adamskuty: 2.5 times the size of ghana
sharaaap. what has GHANA got to do with this?

1 Like

Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Tolexander: 11:07am On Aug 05, 2013
adwem2003: More than Tahiti Population smiley
this one is talking about a country in the french polynesia islands when the figure given is up to the population of the whole french polynesia multiplied by 200.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Sicozone(m): 11:08am On Aug 05, 2013
Yungwizzzy: network providers are really making hell from Nigerians imagine this figure multiplied by their high data rates. and yet one useless organization will sit in the US and report that 90% of Nigerians are poor wurehell. pesin Neva see food chop e go subscribe 4 internet data??
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 05, 2013
where is my post
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by PStacks(m): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2013
greaterlove: And some people want us to believe that 80% of Nigerians live below $1 a day!

Do you know how much sacrifice and strain some people go thru just to subscribe #1,000 per month or buy 260MB data? People have data on their fone without food in their stomach and its true.

because you are privileged doesn't mean poverty isn't real..
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by charlsecy4(m): 11:29am On Aug 05, 2013
9jadelta: phone is more convenient than PC

I guess you have not used a PC. Sure.

Tonylyte: na daily bundle....d tin d chop my money no be small...
Monthly stuff is cheaper.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2013
emmysenior: This should be in the phones section.

However, it's a great news that most people will now have access to infos. But the funny thing is that, most girls and few guys will only facebook, do BBM chat, 2go and will let the remaining bunch/chunk of massive data go with the wind on expiration.

They won't even download novels, read articles, news or better still download songs.

Add to that downloading of educational videos and podcasts.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2013
greaterlove: And some people want us to believe that 80% of Nigerians live below $1 a day!
propaganda.. and pls don't ever say that again
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 05, 2013
Sery777: where is my post
check inside your bra lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 05, 2013
Donmichaelz: That's why we don't think of commiting suiside as we dey think of suiside Etisalat go just send free 15MB,
na wa o embarassed
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by cecegorz(m): 11:35am On Aug 05, 2013
It's basic economics.
I burn 1gb Airtel data @3k within 2 weeks on PC, even at a very moderate browsing.
On the other hand, i use the same 1gb BIS @1k for a whole month with heavier browsing.
Though i'm not sure about the rates on Andriod/Ios/Windows mobile but PC usage is way too costly.
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2013
Thanks to Tecno for the Tecno Android phones....
Re: 48.3 Million Nigerians Browse Internet On Mobile Phones by Techwriter: 11:51am On Aug 05, 2013
Good news for business owners. Advertising online can now make your business go viral

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

January update: Download Dream League Soccer 2020 Mod For Android (DLS 20) / TECNO, Honor And Others Voted Best Phones At The Mobile World Congress MWC2023 / 5 Ways Social Media Giants Are Brain Hacking Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.