Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer (1625 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview / Free N5000 For A Writer Here Every Month! Click To See How! / Write Your Life Story In 6 Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 05, 2013
The story you are about to read is purely of an independent inspiration but co-dependent on mynds description of a nation and its woes. All credit to him, the story is therefore dedicated to him as well as to redmosquitoe who first made me appreciate the literature section with his African nerd....omo you are the bomb.. Mynd I expect you to correct me where necessary.....I respect your literary control of words till tomorrow. Watch out am starting to update tonight.[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Mynd44: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2013
Please remove my name from the title.

Thank you
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by chistar01(m): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2013
#following.
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Mynd44: 11:54am On Aug 05, 2013
Yemi, I won't warn you again....
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by yemi2plus(m): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mynd_44: Yemi, I won't warn you again....
about what? I'm confused.
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
Mynd the way you shunned me is too rude, what happened to prudence. No matter what I still respect you.
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Mynd44: 1:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
jchime: Mynd the way you shunned me is too rude, what happened to prudence. No matter what I still respect you.
I did not shun you sir. I appreciate what you feel but I just don't like having my name as the title of a thread.

You have to know me better to understand why
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by princesa(f): 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
Taa Jo! feel like the star you are, its not easy na cool
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Neduzze5(m): 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
princesa: Taa Jo! feel like the star you are, its not easy na cool

Lol.. Make I write one about you??

@op, nice initiative but you should have taken permission first
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by princesa(f): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
Neduzze5:

Lol.. Make I write one about you??
nah, we ain't the celebs of lit sec. na, plus we prefer to stay low keywink
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by yemi2plus(m): 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ujchime or the ugly one i don't care what your name is, i can see you viewing this thread now, better come and update o.
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by chistar01(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
yemi2plus2: Ujchime or the ugly one i don't care what your name is, i can see you viewing this thread now, better come and update o.
lol, I think say na only me dey wait oh
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by ujchief(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
yemi2plus2: Ujchime or the ugly one i don't care what your name is, i can see you viewing this thread now, better come and update o.

Huhh
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
chapter one
Major Raji sat in his office imagining what must have informed the decision of the president to remove him as the chairman of the commitee for the sustenance of democracy and installing himself as the interim chairman, one thing was sure to him, the president has no intention of getting another chairman for the commitee but plans to slowly assume the position permanently.
The commitee had been set up by the legislature and was tasked with getting the nations top soldiers who have not embraced democracy to embrace it as well as civilian stakeholders who are supporting the military, notable among the later group is Dr. Menankaya who is also regarded as the nations richest man as well as a friend of the west. The commitee which was empowered by the democracy act, section 3b has an autonomous funding and is not answerable to anybody financially, but the president has the executive power to appoint and dismiss its chairman at will,a committee major raji the vice president is its premier chairman.
The VP was deep in his thought to have noticed his phone ring the first time but his attention was called to the phone by his mistress who had entered his office unnoticed to give him his unusual monthly treat when it rang the second time.
He strained his eyes to find the answer button and carefreely clicked it,he placed the phone on his ear and moved back his mobile office seat a little bit
'Oh Dr,menankaya' he shouted as a trickle of hot salty sweat ran down his cheeks
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by yemi2plus(m): 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
More
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
No comment...that means I don Bleep up....feeling discouraged
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by yemi2plus(m): 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2013
jchime: No comment...that means I don Bleep up....feeling discouraged
my friend, comment or no comment better update for me.
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Mynd44: 12:40am On Aug 06, 2013
jchime: No comment...that means I don Bleep up....feeling discouraged
You kept people waiting for that thing I read in 60 seconds?

You should have described the office, talked about how the temperature (aircondition) made him miss his mistress more. What he thought when he was removed.

A lot of things were missing. You are vague and selfish with details
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2013
Am supposed to update more bu but nepa wouldnt allow me.....mynd correction picked. i will update more before 2pm.......stay back in the train pls oooo
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by princesa(f): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
uncle myndd has said it all...work more on details...

so this is gonna be another political male inspired story?

i guess i will stick.smiley
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
"Goodevening his excellency"
"yeah,Goodevening,how was your day"
"Raji forget my day,lets get down to the business at hand"
The vice president had been an acquaintance of menankaya right from his days as a lieutenant, when he worked as the personal assistant to the G.O.C managing the 22nd division of the military, he drifted into thought on how he rose from a military lieutenant to a major and worked as the ADC to the former head of state, he has used the advantage of been close to the head of state to leak sensitive information of the head of state to the civilian progressives who wanted a democratic government, he had been promised the office of the VP if they succeed in hoisting out the president but on the condition that he resigns from the military.
He had done the assignment diligently divulging information about the head of states financial dealings,private life and most importantly his security detail. They finally succeeded in removing the president when he went for a secret meeting where he went to finalize secret financial dealings with the French government who happens to be his closest allies.
On his way back, he the ADC had excused himself from the return flight on the pretext that he was sick, the head of state allowed him to stay back because the doctors gave a pre-arranged medical advice that it was not advisable for his ADC to fly in his present condition because of the high altitude they would be flying. The HOS not knowing he was about to fly to his death boarded the airbus jet nicknamed Sovereign 1, the jet had a mechanical failure when it was about to make its descent,at the odumoju military runway ,crashed and killed everybody onboard.
"Raji are you still there"said Dr menankaya bringing him out of his thought
"yeah,Doc am here"
"what is happening, you kept mute for the past 30secs"
"Sorry Mena" he used the short form of his name, "But as things stand we will be having a major setback"
"what-what,what happened"
"The president have removed me as the chairman of the commitee"
On hearing this, menankaya left a little smile escape his lips, boned up and stuttered into the mouth piece " w-w-hat,you know what, let us talk later, I have to straighten up some things immediately" and hung up.
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by yemi2plus(m): 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
Work on your spacing.. More
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Mynd44: 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2013
ADC, GOC,VP...there are acronyms for somethings na. You should first spill out who they mean first. Then in later use(when the readers are used to it), you can shorten it.

Personally, I am at loss to what GOC is
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dr.menankaya an indigene of the
afra tribe in the south eastern
part of the republic of Ugenia,
he was known to be a major
financier of coups in secret circles.
A man who had risen from a
very poor background, his father
was a coal worker and managed
to rise to the rank of assistant
clerk before been compulsorily
retired few weeks after he was
promoted by the military government, therefore he
resorted to using menankaya's
five sisters as business, he setted
up a brothel where military men
who were in charge of the
security of the coal mines came
to relax their nerves with his five
daughters as the foremost prostitutes.

Menankaya as such got exposed
to a violent life, he lacked love
and due upbringing right from
his infant years, the mother had
died 30minutes after giving birth to him.

His elder sisters had always told
him the event that led to his
mothers death,

; His mother became
hemorrhagic after giving birth to
him, he bred profusely that the
doctors advised his father that
she would be needing blood
transfusion if they can prevent
her from dying, they couldn't get
the blood from any member of
the family since their blood
group did not match, the father
was therefore advised to go and
buy few pints from the blood
bank but been a chronic stingy
man rejected the option but
instead insisted that Jesus Christ
would transfuse his precious blood to her
wife miraculously, the woman
was abandoned by the doctors due to lack of blood
and she bred to her death
holding onto her newly born baby.
Menankaya managed to
complete his secondary
education got his school cert
and with the connections his
father had with his military
customers got into the military
as a tradesman.

He is a naturally social man that
within weeks he had developed
friendship with both his fellow
trainees and his trainers
amongst which was the past
military head of state a
friendship he never knew would
establish him in the future.
However, he didn't succeed in
graduating as a military man, he
was dismissed in his 4th trainee
course because he was caught
masturbating in an abandoned
Armored personnel carrier
vehicle early in the morning, this
was at a time when abstinence
was the watchword for every
military trainee.

He had been a chronic
masturbator since his jss3 but
had managed to keep himself at
check since he was admitted
into the six months military
training. But that fateful
morning he had woken up feeling too Hot, he couldn't
bear the urge and had gone to the abandoned Armoured personnel carrier where he
could get a little privacy, once he got there, he pulled down his
kaki knicker and got down to
business. Unluckingly for him,
the military engineers had been
instructed to remove all
abandoned vehicles from the
training field that morning.
Sergeant ifudu who had come to
check the engine of the APC saw
a moving figure inside the APC,
he decided to check it closely
and on opening the back door
saw a figure lying down freely
inside it and moaning. All pleas
from menankaya to him not to
report him fell on deaf ears as
he dragged him to the
disciplinary officer and that saw
the end of his stint in the
military.
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by yemi2plus(m): 8:12am On Aug 21, 2013
Where you run go?
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
yemi2plus2: Where you run go?

Got discouraged, no comment, no encouragement. Even mynd deserted me.....i felt I was not doing a good job and as such wasting my time. I had to forget the project and face my house job,too many stress comes with it already.
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Mynd44: 11:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
jchime:

Got discouraged, no comment, no encouragement. Even mynd deserted me.....i felt I was not doing a good job and as such wasting my time. I had to forget the project and face my house job,too many stress comes with it already.
Huh? What are you on? Abeg come write jorh

1 Like

Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by princesa(f): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
jchime:

poor you! Somedays are like that sad
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Wesslier(m): 12:16am On Aug 27, 2013
princesa:
poor you! Somedays are like that sad
hmmm.... Attempt a motivational book plz
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by princesa(f): 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wesslier:
hmmm.... Attempt a motivational book plz
nah, motivational, inspirational bla bla bla... they bore me to death. I get inspiration from real life experiences, issues and peoples. smiley
Re: Nation Of Calumny......a Story In Honour Of a writer by Wesslier(m): 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
princesa:
nah, motivational, inspirational bla bla bla... they bore me to death. I get inspiration from real life experiences, issues and peoples. smiley
I see... by d way chime shud try and continue na

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Create A Saleable Book Title. / Looking For A Book?? / Show Your Blog Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.