Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

10 Confusing Truths About Friendship - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Confusing Truths About Friendship (752 Views)

This Is Confusing To All Men...seriously! / A Man's Friendship With A Crocodile / Are These Quotes About Friendship The Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Confusing Truths About Friendship by Stegomiah: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
Friendship is one of the most important relationship we could form in our lives.

Whether good or bad, our friends affect the way we think and who we are.
See some interesting and confusing facts about friendship below;

1. "We hate it when our friends become successful," Morrissey sang, but successful friends make us more successful.

2. Many romantic couples will celebrate a year or even six months together, yet many friends do not even acknowledge the milestone of a 20, 30, or 40-year friendship.

3. Parents are obsessed with whether or not their teens are with the "wrong crowd" yet rarely question whether or not they themselves are.

4. Some complain to friends that if only they were married, they'd feel less lonely. Yet friends relieve loneliness more than spouses.

5. Friends are the focal point of school for teens, yet they are rarely taught about friendship.

6. If you describe your sibling as your " best friend," you are giving her an emotional promotion. If you describe your friend as "a sister to me," you are giving her an emotional promotion.

7. The more work and the more children you have, the less time you have for friends -- but making time for friends makes you a better worker and a better parent.

8. We feel put out by a friend asking a lot of favors, yet hurt and rejected if we hear that she has started asking someone else for favors.

9. A friendless child can't learn social skills "on the job" and is thus more likely to remain friendless, while socially-skilled kids become even savvier as they navigate more and deeper relationships.

10. We feel too tired to meet up with friends, yet energized after seeing them.

http://m.naij.com/news/42560.html

3 Likes

Re: 10 Confusing Truths About Friendship by JohnnyPalmer: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2013
@ OP Nice one!

Just in case it makes front page, i am the.....
Re: 10 Confusing Truths About Friendship by Sanboy25: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2013
Thanks. cheesy
Re: 10 Confusing Truths About Friendship by yuzedo: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
My best frend is my nebor. his name is alika dangoti, his from hauser land in nigerian and practice muslim nature. his 5feet talk, color chocolet wit dazling smile, he like millet shampain and dock meat, and his favorite music is "move bittch gerrouda way by selling dion. he have wifes and childrens. and his a bissness man by ocuppation. i call him danny boy and we always plays supper nittendo inside my bedroom in bananana iceland. his a sweet man. i love my bestfrend, his good to me. tenk. smiley

6 Likes

Re: 10 Confusing Truths About Friendship by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
yuzedo: My best frend is my nebor. his name is alika dangoti, his from hauser land in nigerian and practice muslim nature. his 5feet talk, chocolet in complexon, he like millet shampain and dock meat, and his favorite music is "move bittch gerrouda way by selling dion. he have wifes and childrens. and his a bissness man by ocuppation. i call him danny boy and we always plays supper nittendo inside my bedroom in bananana iceland. his a sweet man. i love my bestfrend, his good to me. tenk. smiley
Brorda yuzedo
Re: 10 Confusing Truths About Friendship by ovienita(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2013
Can u really find a true friend?
Re: 10 Confusing Truths About Friendship by Stegomiah: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
ovienita: Can u really find a true friend?

​♈έڪ!

(1) (Reply)

There's A Ring Around The Moon :) / WHAT ARE THE ODDS / Powerful Cyclone Handheld Vacuum Cleaner For #10,000 NAIRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.