Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,081 members, 7,867,101 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:45 AM

Domain Name Business - Business (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (86113 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:01am On Aug 28, 2013
mikelreal: emm we re not duping or scamming anybody..am not even intrested in d domainlore sef..not a .co.uk fan.

I'm not saying you or anyone scamming anybody! read my post again sir!

I simply means the right thing is to do it at the right way to have the boldness to face any wrong challenge in the right path.. wink

If your mind is free from any unclean stuffs, u'll have the boldness to face any challenge wink
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:06am On Aug 28, 2013
oladayo042: If you call it dubious, I'll agree with you but isn't that what people do with Paypal? Deceiving Paypal using US details with a VPN!

Please show me the 'appropriate line'. I'm ready to learn.

Pls go ahead! Its your right to do it either dubious or not! Go ahead!
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 12:07am On Aug 28, 2013
boss how market today?
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:08am On Aug 28, 2013
Jamji: boss how market today?

I dey oo bro, just in YIM , saw u on fb grin
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Why do some people back-mouth one another in this domain business despite you were there to help them in this domain business when they needed your help? Why why? What will it profit them? Why are we so wicked and pretending to each other in this life of vanity?

I started this thread purposely for the newbies so as to help each other in this business and learn more and more! At least i can count more than 4 people I've helped in this business while more than that figure have also helped me too in other threads before now.

If you help them u will become enemy, if you refuse to help u will become enemy! Can it be said helping should now become a prevention to defend myself?

Well, i will only say CONGRATULATION to you because it means i am far infront and ahead of you. You know yourself

Back to my Domain Oracle Room
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 28, 2013
Dot com, ki lo se le?
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:59am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy:
Dot com, ki lo se le?

2s£xy how market today now? I won't mention name jare... I will never mention name. But i'm very sure na conscience go kill the person if he no stop such attitude in this domain business. He know himself!
Since the day u backmouth about prominose or so, 2s£xy too, etc, and now me to someone else.. lol

Na since that day i don distance a bit from you, because before God and man, my mind was telling me that this guy will soon backmouth me as he dey back-mouth all these people to me o!. But me i be smart guy now, so i know whats up than you.

Na hmmmmmmmm i just dey do.. anything u say, na hmmm i just dey reply u since you pleaded i should give u my YIM.

see your life outside.

If you refused to change this attitude, the God of domain will strike you domain. You will register 50 domains and u will not sell any for the next 10 years by God's grace, unless if i no wish you good and everyone here, and unless if i also back-mouth you too.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 28, 2013
Bros, chill abeg. Dis thing no b do or die. No go carry hbp o shocked .

Market dry o.
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

2s£xy how market today now? I won't mention name jare... I will never mention name. But i'm very sure na conscience go kill the person if he no stop such attitude in this domain business. He know himself!
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 1:16am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy:
Bros, chill abeg. Dis thing no b do or die. No go carry hbp o shocked .

Market dry o.

E dey pain me ni now! Its like when you're sleeping in your bedroom and someone just burst in and slap you and u ask him what have u done and he said he was just having fun.

Na because of this their wahala noise, issue, controversy, dem sey u say, u say i say, negative comments, etc.. thats why i no dey come here again like before.. I don't just want noise at all!
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 1:35am On Aug 28, 2013
From the other thread

All .com... take ur time and flirt with them

Paymentresult.com
Supplyresult.com
Approveresult.com
Calculateresult.com
Changeresult.com
Confirmresult.com
Distributeresult.com
Estimateresult.com
Processresult.com
Appresult
Archiveresults
Attachresults
Backupresults
Compressresults

Fileresults
Greenmarijuana.com
Greenmj
Fertilecapital
Elegantcapital
Sendcapital
Partypromoters.co.uk

Venturetips
Ventureload
Appleventure
Backventure
Bellventure
Ventureguarantee
Venturegoal
Ventureopinion
Venturesucceed
Venturesuggest
Venturepurchase
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 1:45am On Aug 28, 2013
HOW TO IDENTIFY QUALITY DOMAIN NAMES

Domain Name Business is a wonderful business, a business that has all the makings to change life within a split-seconds.

If you’re fortunate with domain, a single good sell could change everything about you. However, it is a business that requires high level of individual creativity – to be successful in it, you need to think outside the box sometimes. One way you have to think outside the box is to identify good domain name.

A domainer can only hope to sell for thousands or even millions when the domain is good and of high quality. So how do you identify quality domain name? What are the qualities that make up good domain name?

For a domain to be said to be good, it has to fall under one of these categories:

1. Premium Domain – Though every good domain can be considered to be premium, here I’ll isolate dictionary correctly spelled word as premium domain. This type of domain though not currently available are highly priced if you have them. Some of us who are privileged to have it knows the worth. It is the best choice domain for companies looking to dominate their niche as the industry leader. Premium Domians like Cars.com, Wine.com, Business.com has been sold for stupendous prices in the past.

2. Keyword Rich Domain – Registering the exact phases people are searching for, present some of the finest opportunities in Domain Industry. We call such exact phrased domain Keyword Rich Domain. It the best domain for SEO

3. Generic Domain – One word English domains are considered generic but in this regard I’ll treat it as personally coined word that is Short, Memorable, Pronounceable, and Brandable. This type of domain is the choices for new companies and start up. We are living in a time in history where companies first of all secure a domain before even registering the company name. If you register a company name that you don’t own the internet domain, you are building a brand to someone else.

This is where individual creativity is highly required. Companies are preferring custom coined words to Dictionary words for brand purpose. For this to work, the formed for must pass these qualifications

a) Short – The shorter a coined word the better. We live in a fast paced world where no one wants to spend a whole day typing one long world on a browser. Internet companies are recognizing this and making their names as short as possible. Names like: Yahoo, palness, Google. These three names are short, none is longer than 7 characters. They are ideal short generic domains.

b) Memorability – If you are just seeing any of these names for the first time, notice how easy they are to remember. Most of you are seeing Palness for the first time, take note of how easy it will be to remember even months after today

c) Pronounceable – Apart from this few names I mentioned, here are other popular generic names: Pinterest, Instagram, Groupon, Badoo. You don’t have to twist your tongue to pronounce any of these domain, are you? That’s a priceless quality in domain that buyers are looking for.

d) Brandable – Brand is everything in business. Yahoo originally has no real meaning but it carries so much brand that you will be forced to notice it.

The combination of latter that are easily arrangeable and smooth to the eyes makes the branding very easy.

A coined generic domain must contain all these characteristic to be good.

4. Traffic Domain – Expired/Typo/Squatting – A domain that has traffic is good domain for parking and redirecting for traffic and SEO even if the actual domain quality is bad.

For a Domain to be considered as Good. It must fall under one or more of these categories, Premium, Keyword Rich, Generic, Traffic Domain. If a domain doesn’t fall under any of these, then it may just be another crap.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 1:48am On Aug 28, 2013
5 REASONS TO HOLD ON TO YOUR DOMAIN NAMES AND NEVER LET O YET

So if you don't make sales yet, never mind!

Good Domain Name is one of the most valuable Internet asset anyone could think of. Nothing on earth can be purchased at such ridiculously cheap price as domain and turn around to sell at such stupendously high price. A good domain name that is registered for just little less than $10 could be sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars, even millions! During the era of dot com bubble, many guys moved from ordinary to instant wealth by grabbing the right domain and selling same for millions of dollars, and the opportunity still exist till today.

Whats really in a domain name that makes it that valuable? Because a domain is a scarce commodity – every domain name is unique and two persons can’t own it at a time. Once you register any particular domain, that domain is gone and you are the only owner. If someone desires that name, the person can only get it through you. Since you are the only owner, you are bound to sell at any price of your choice, it doesn’t matter that it cost you only $10 to register, you can sell it millions of dollars to the right buyer.

Why would people invest that huge amount of money to buy a mere domain that cost less than $10 to register? Because owning the right domain can change their entire business fortune. Right domain can take off the SEO worries away forever. You can dominate entire niche with a good domain, leveraging the credibility it offers to drive sells. Right domain brings highest return on investment within the shortest possible time.

''The acquisition of the bobbleheads.com and bobblehead.com domain names through Sedo has driven my business’s success. With them, it was not necessary to pay thousands of dollars on advertising and I was able to build on a consistent stream of highly qualified web traffic — Warren Royal

So, as you can see? A good domain name is a huge treasure, it’s much more than a gold! But sometimes you have a good domain name for sell only to find out that the name isn’t selling. You feel like letting go, you begin to rethink that maybe the name isn’t good after all. Well, there are reasons you have to still hold on to that domain. There are reasons you shouldn’t let go yet. Here, I want to share with you some of the reasons why you must retain that domain by all means -

1. The right Buyer isn’t yet here — Not until the right buyer comes around, your domain will still be lying fallow in the marketplace with no one looking at it’s direction. That doesn’t mean the domain isn’t good. Waiting for the right buyer sometimes means that you need to keep it longer than you expected, sometimes years!

2. Your Domain is a scarce commodity — You are the only person who owns that domain anywhere in the world. Should someone need it tomorrow, you are the only person who can supply it to the market. Is that not enough reason to hold on to it patiently until the time is ripe? Imagine you just allow it expires now and someone who is prepared to pay you thousands of dollars pick it for free?

3. Pro Domainers holds on to Domains — Domainers who holds on to domain for a longer period of time are the ones that sell for better prices. There are some domains I’ve been holding for five years now and some other Domainers have been holding theirs for 15years! It’s like a landed property, the longer you hold on to it, the higher it appreciates in value. Because building website on a new domain sometimes impact negatively on the site’s SEO, people buy domain taking into consideration the domain age.

4. Trends constantly changes — A domain that doesn’t worth a jack today could worth millions tomorrow, you never can tell what will be the next future trends. What is unknown today could trend tomorrow – holding on to your domain may be a good choice if it begins to trend tomorrow. Try as hard as you can, you can’t predict everything in domain business. Even a domain a professional think worth nothing may actually worth thousands of dollars; only the buyer can decide what the actual domain worth.

5.Internet is growing everyday —Millions of new businesses troop in to the internet yearly. The number one asset they need to get their business started is domain name. You may just be the only one who can supply that perfect domain name! But if you let it go now, you will have nothing to supply when the demand comes and you never can tell when it will come. The only way to be at the right place at the right time is to hold on to the domain now that you still have it.

Can you now see the reason not to let that domain name expire?

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 1:53am On Aug 28, 2013
SOME MISTAKES DOMAINERS MAKE WHEN THEY ARE NEW IN DOMAIN BUSINESS

Domain Name Business is a great business, no doubt about that, especially for old timers who have been in the business for long — long enough to have learned the rope. There are equally great opportunitie for new timers who are willing to learn before diving. I decided to write this piece because of experience I had with some young Domainers few days ago in a public forum. There I was privileged to meet with some enthusiastic fresh Domainers who are really eager to learn the business. They are brilliant minds indeed and if enough resources is given their way, they’ll go places in no time.

I was delighted to answer some of their questions but couldn’t continue due to some personal reasons. The zeal, the burning desire, and the efforts these guys are putting in into learning is amazingly contagious. And the speed at which they learn is commendable too. However, I equally noticed just like in every fresh Domainers some mistakes that need to be pointed out and corrected in other to minimize potential heart break in the business.

There are so many ways domain can bring you money and there many ways too you can loose money to domain if you aren’t careful. In other to take care of this, you need to be in he know. Below are some of the simple and most common mistakes you need to avoid if you hope to maximize your chances of making money in domain.

1. Registering Bad Domains — I remember those days when I was new in domain; how I quickly rushed and registered up to 5o domain names that all turned out to be useless. Neither could I forget picking trade mark domains in the hope of selling for big buck only to have it turned back to the trade mark owner with nothing given to me in return. New Domainers used to have all kinds of delusional approach to domain — especially when one heard that certain domain sold for huge buck, they go wired registering anything related to the said domain not taking into cognizance factors that influenced the sell. Such factors may includes: Development, prior knowledge, and events

Before you register any domain, be sure to check the quality, then compare and contrast. Don’t just register it because you imagined it is good, your imagination may not be good enough in this matter. Brainstorm the domain in question by following these processes -

Ask yourselves – What class of domain does this falls into?

(a) Keywords Rich Domain — If the domain is made up of two or three words, find out if the phase is rich keywords. How you know if such domain is Keyword Rich Domain is by finding out how many times people search that keyword on search engines. How do you find out? No, not by typing it directly on Google search engine and looking for the number of returned results – that’s a terribly wrong search technique.

Look for any keyword search application within your reach such as Word Tracker Scout and other domain tools, but bear in mind that none of these tools comes close to Google Keyword Tools. Check the phrase and see how many search volume it has, this is what determines whether the domain is good or not – the higher the search volume, the better the keyword.

You can also use Bing Keywords Tools just as alternative to the Google tools, it doesn’t match but it’s quite accurate and gives you close idea especially if you are experienced with old Google keyword tools. If the phrase you brainstormed has good search volume (i.e the local search is greater than 1,000), you can proceed to register it as a Keyword Rich domain name – such domain is guaranteed to sell at reasonably high amount on a good day.

(b) Future Trend Domain — I am sorry to tell you that you may not have what it takes to engage in trend Domaining at early stage of your domain business adventure. Anyone who succeeds in trend domain is no doubt among the best Domainers – why? Because you don’t register trend domain when it is trending, they are registered long before the trend starts. By the time the average Domainers begin to hear the trend, virtually all the worthwhile domain in that trend must have gone, leaving you with only craps you think that is worth anything.

The only technical way to succeed in this is if you have a knack to spot the future trend long ahead of time and graphic understanding of qualities of good domain names and how domain business work in details.

Let me give you tiny secret you may not know yet – Before any technology begins to emerge, it has been in experiment, the board rooms, the laboratories, and other places like that long before it hits the news which is when most of you begins to hear about it, some have already known about it years ahead. This is how professional Domainers get future trend domains. So, what is trending for you now or you think is about to trend is actually old piece of news for some. 3D is trending since last year, 3DPrinters.com was registered in 1999!

Yes! Thunder do strike but you don’t have to wait for a one in a million chances in your domain business; you need actionable approach if you hope to really make money. Except you have a thousand or two thousand dollars to invest in registering every conceivable phrases around the future trend hoping that two or three sells out of your hundreds of domain will cover the cost and make you profit. If not, then investing in future trend domain may not be for you yet.

(c) Premium Generic Domain — This is the choicest class of domain for businesses looking to enhance their brand equity. Any domain that falls under this class of domain is always highly priced but how sure are you that yours falls under this category? Every good domain name can be called premium domain but in this regard, I’ll treat only dictionary one word domain, 1-4 letters acronym, and generic coined words as premium generic domain.

Any dictionary one word domain is a good name though the more popular it is the better domain it is.
Any 1-4 letter acronym is also a good domain, who shows interest in it and how long you are will to hold onto it is what determines the final sell.
Where new domainers make mistake most is trying to form words out of the blues. If you are to do that, such generic domain must possess certain qualities to make it good. It must be Short, Brandable, Memorable, and Pronounceable. Anything short of these four qualities is void

2. Being too Eager to Sell Domain — In effort to sell as fast as possible (doesn’t matter if the domain they wants to sell is just a crap) they end up spamming forums and domain marketplaces; marring their reputation in the process. In domain business, reputable and experience is everything – once you have it, you can sell any thing.

What to do: Invest enough time in building personal reputation. Put selling behind first. Invest in domain education. Ask questions to industry experts. Associate with the in house Domainers. Be ready to invest time into domain business; that time includes holding your domain for longer time before selling.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 1:56am On Aug 28, 2013
THESE ARE THE THREE ASPECTS OF DOMAIN BUSINESS

Domain Parking (Domain Traffic Monetization through PPC) where you park your domain with a parking company by using their nameserver to redirect your traffic back to the landing page created automatically by the parking company. You make money from the parking whenever your domain traffic clicked on the PPC adverts on the your domain landing page.

Domain Flipping (Direct sells and Auction) This has to do with registering or buying domains and selling them back to end users in the domain marketplace or at domain events. This is the most attractive aspect of domaining because of the prospect of grabbing a domain for $10 and selling the same for thousands of dollars.

Domain Development (Building Site, Content, and Traffic on a Domain) Is when you register a domain and build site around it instead of listing it to sell without content. You build and promote the site until the domain gains enough traffic, content, and revenue history; by then you’ll list it for sale, no longer as a domain alone but as domain and business.

Developing a domain may seem like a hard work at first. Yes, it is but by the time you begin to smile to the bank, you’ll find out that the said hard work is nothing compared to the profit. One thing you may not know is that most of domains sold for pretty high prices where actually developed. One thing is that you don’t get to see it during that period because no one is interested at that point, you only see it when the resultant figure is posted online.

A developed domain sells faster than undeveloped domain. A developed domain sells at more than 1000% higher return than undeveloped domain. A developed domains offers win win opportunity in both ends.

Any hard work you put in to earn millions of dollars within 3-4 years is highly justifiable. This series continues but before the next article, find time to read The mistakes new Domainers and try to avoid them

I am tired of copy & paste guys, its exactly 2am right now and i need to sleep now.

Good night and may God keep us alive till we meet here again later on. Bye

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:03am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy Check your mail and reply as soon as you can.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:27am On Aug 28, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

I'm not saying you or anyone scamming anybody! read my post again sir!

I simply means the right thing is to do it at the right way to have the boldness to face any wrong challenge in the right path.. wink

If your mind is free from any unclean stuffs, u'll have the boldness to face any challenge wink

I think mikelreal is talking about domainlore. That is, he is not happy with the way they are treating Nigerians. That is why he said,
"We are not duping and scamming anyone. I am nont even interested in the domainlore. I am not even a .co.uk fan".

That is what I deciphered though.
Re: Domain Name Business by never2late: 4:26am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy:
And I said if he has someone outside naija to help him, that would be cool.

I didn't use any naija details.

Thanks for the guide.What if I already have dot co dot uk domains that have Nigeria address can I still use it on there site? Do they check whois of domains?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I think mikelreal is talking about domainlore. That is, he is not happy with the way they are treating Nigerians. That is why he said,
"We are not duping and scamming anyone. I am nont even interested in the domainlore. I am not even a .co.uk fan".

That is what I deciphered though.
thanks that's wah am saying. grin dunno why some pple dont like hearing the truth..
goodmorning everyone, seems 2day z gonna be a good day..I own refereeshorts.com,and ve been sendin out mails to em' potential buyers, just got two replies..hope it turns out positive.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 28, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

my mind was telling me that this guy will soon backmouth me as he dey back-mouth all these people to me o!. But me i be smart guy now, so i know whats up than you.

Na hmmmmmmmm i just dey do.. anything u say, na hmmm i just dey reply u since you pleaded i should give u my YIM.

see your life outside.

If you refused to change this attitude, the God of domain will strike you domain. You will register 50 domains and u will not sell any for the next 10 years by God's grace, unless if i no wish you good and everyone here, and unless if i also back-mouth you too.

Oga dotcome hwfa? abeg twill make alot of sense if you mention the persons name n what he/she bad "mouthed" you about, so we all will see n judge dont u tink so?cos all this one ua saying no comort road,if insult abi thunder wey u dae call is workin oga 2sexy for don die in d other thread dat time, So pls n pls lets try to clear any issue completely n not kip spillin snippets like women. grin

3 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2013
cheesy I wanna see ur first sale bro... Ride on.
mikelreal: thanks that's wah am saying. grin dunno why some pple dont like hearing the truth..
goodmorning everyone, seems 2day z gonna be a good day..I own refereeshorts.com,and ve been sendin out mails to em' potential buyers, just got two replies..hope it turns out positive.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy:
cheesy I wanna see ur first sale bro... Ride on.
lol you mean my first MAJOR sale, cos if na to sell ve sold a good amount of domains.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 28, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: 2s£xy Check your mail and reply as soon as you can.
go ahead. I just emailed u.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 28, 2013
@okatam I got ur mail, and I ve replied you.sorry for the late reply doe.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy:
you never still transfer d domians? re u gettin replies from them?cos you know they might be sleepin nw
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 28, 2013
Lol. Pardon me. I 4got. I mean ur big sale. What did they reply you? Where did you get the domain? I know it's drop. Ur price should be anywhere from $150-700.
mikelreal: lol you mean my first MAJOR sale, cos if na to sell ve sold a good amount of domains.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2013
@collinz I also got ur mail o,but I replied n got a bounced email,do check your email address.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Yeah... Thegoodjoe had some problem but it's okay now.
mikelreal: you never still transfer d domians? re u gettin replies from them?cos you know they might be sleepin nw
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy:
Lol. Pardon me. I 4got. I mean ur big sale. What did they reply you? Where did you get the domain? I know it's drop. Ur price should be anywhere from $150-700.
grin twas a drop, one said they want to speak tu me,so I replied with my fone number, the other one is asking for my "below market price" as I said i will sell it below mkt price .
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:52am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy:

Check your mail. Waiting for your reply.
Re: Domain Name Business by Okattamgbee: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2013
mikelreal: @okatam I got ur mail, and I ve replied you.sorry for the late reply doe.
thanks man
Re: Domain Name Business by Okattamgbee: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2013
2s£xy:
Yeah... Thegoodjoe had some problem but it's okay now.
still waiting for your reply bro.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2013
You know yourself, you know what you did. na conscience dey worry you. You're only pretending here as if you're good one, whereas you're not even a green snake, you're pure black snake! I won't mention name. If your mind is clean, u won't even care! I'm off!

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (106) (Reply)

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.