Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (20224 Views)

See What This Funke Oyinbo, Ukrainian Said About Nigeria / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
i was chatting with one of my friends in tuft's university,and was surprised ,when she hinted she ordered a box of hobnob's biscuits the last time she was in Nigeria,because she couldn't find that variety in america.Another friend said,she wished she could get african food stuffs cheaper.

is there something you miss a lot?,you wish you had access to right now,it could be food,food stuffs,african clothing, lifestyle, etc please share

2 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by 25omega(m): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
i miss the food and the mannerisms of the people. i still laugh sometimes when i read somethings here on NL

4 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
pele, @25omega,where is your location? smiley dont you get to cook some of our local food often or occassionally visit some african restaurants(heard food is very pricey there ) as for the mannerisms,nairalander's are so funny,that sometimes i wish i could meet some online characters in person a
25omega: i miss the food and the mannerisms of the people. i still laugh sometimes when i read somethings here on NL
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
I am missing Gaari,you still gotta miss somethings about home ,ya know!
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by henrychubayo: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
Palm wine. Abacha. Bush meant. Palm kannel soup. Achicha.

2 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by 25omega(m): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
cheksbry: pele, @25omega,where is your location? smiley dont you get to cook some of our local food often or occassionally visit some african restaurants(heard food is very pricey there ) as for the mannerisms,nairalander's are so funny,that sometimes i wish i could meet some online characters in person a
located in the u.s and yes i do cook the food and buy the food but there is no feeling like being in Nigeria and eating and chilling.

Im in the D.C area and finding an authentic Nigerian restaurant is getting harder. There is only one good restaurant in this area called zion's kitchen. It's hole in the wall with expensive food. $15 for a plate of food (N2,395). Anyway i do go there once in a while when im missing the Nigerian cooking.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
Arghh bros,you sabi good thing o grin
let me whet your appetite a lil,found this picture online not too long ago.... tongue
henrychubayo: Palm wine. Abacha. Bush meant. Palm kannel soup. Achicha.

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2013
I can understand your plight bro, smiley $ 15 is quite pricey!, will you cook more often ,if you found a steady supply of affordable Nigerian food stuffs?
25omega: located in the u.s and yes i do cook the food and buy the food but there is no feeling like being in Nigeria and eating and chilling.

Im in the D.C area and finding an authentic Nigerian restaurant is getting harder. There is only one good restaurant in this area called zion's kitchen. It's hole in the wall with expensive food. $15 for a plate of food (N2,395). Anyway i do go there once in a while when im missing the Nigerian cooking.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
very funny,how people get attached to some things they grew up with.....im very sure a lot of people here would give anything to have some of their favourite biscuits or past-times, my friends sister still imports her artificial hair weave-on's from nigeria lipsrsealed....
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by bigx(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nothing but Bole and Fish embarassed

3 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Polio: 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2013
NOTHING!

3 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by GoodFaith: 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
Family
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
Suya. Abacha. My cousins. Suya. My grandmother. Suya.

4 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
Nothing undecided

3 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Monimatic(m): 6:08pm On Nov 12, 2013
I miss those my Naija big NYASH babes, they do it better than ladies over here.

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by politicalpastor: 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
I missed the LAWLESSNESS IN NIGERIA. LOL.

cheksbry: i was chatting with one of my friends in tuft's university,and was surprised ,when she hinted she ordered a box of hobnob's biscuits the last time she was in Nigeria,because she couldn't find that variety in america.Another friend said,she wished she could get african food stuffs cheaper.

is there something you miss a lot?,you wish you had access to right now,it could be food,food stuffs,african clothing, lifestyle, etc please share

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
The food, simple and short. These oyinbo and akata babes over here cannot cook. The only spice they know is salt. Mtschewww

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2013
Friends and family embarassed

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Egbagirl(f): 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
cheap Food, abundant owambe parties, family, friends, easy access to tailors, buka food, snacks (boli, roasted yam and corn).

3 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
akpu with ofe nsala angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by juman(m): 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
No place like home.

3 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by chineloSA(f): 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
My MAMA, everything I can get but not my mama undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
Omo see boys they form Yankee oh

29 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by LesbianBoy(m): 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
I miss the lawlessness in Nigeria jor! Unlike here in the US they are just too 'organised' angry

I also miss the low tax i pay in Nigeria. The tax is damn to high here in the US angry

2 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Andrew3(m): 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2013
Pounded yam with bush meat.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Gifted4all(m): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2013
Jumping into a moving molue at ojuelegba
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Damojo: 6:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
1) PHCN: How can u be staying in a city with constant power supply. I miss screaming 'UP NEPA' every 30mins

2) I miss the oloshos in Rita Lori, Surulere. The ones in show glasses in Amsterdam cost like 100euros per round....Dem be Nicki Minaj?

3) I miss the fact that Nigeria is the only country U sleep with N20 and wake up driving a Bentley and nobody questions U. Instead, u hear things like, 'Guy, come wash ur ride o'

24 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by redcliff: 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
[size=1pt].[/size]
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by christejames(m): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
I miss goodluck jonathan

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by pwettyolly(f): 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
Am in Cyprus I miss amala so badly no hair extension no easy access 2 roadside tailor or cobblers infact I miss everything about Nigeria I miss d constant road side noise
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Tsmooth1(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Longest Bridges in africa (photo) / 69 Nigerians Arrive Nigeria From Lebanon / Abuja-keffi Road, 3rd Mainland & Onitsha Bridges- Busiest In Nigeria- FMWH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.