Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi (1054 Views)

Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / I Will Never Contest Election Again – Peter Obi / I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi had clearly stated today at the Civil Service day celebration at Anam. State that he's going back to where belong and will never contest for any office again.
He stressed this on replying to several questions thrown to him by civil servants but he also showed some passionate thought by saying he will never forget the people of the State.
"I will say this, I will never contest for any office again. It's the worst thing I've ever done...I want to go back to where I belong, its a better place but I will never forget the people of the state; the little children. Whatever you do always look at their faces (little children), whatever we do is for them, we're not working for better today, its for a better future."
He also with no obscurity slammed the Anambra State senators and gubernatorial aspirants by claiming they are not for the people.
"the Daily Trust reported a list of senators that had not said anything since their election and two of them were from Anambra State. A senator from Cross River State had proposed 21 bills that had been passed whereas someone had not proposed even one. One the State gubernatorial aspirant has 53 convoils, you can imagine how many he acquires when he becomes Governor of the State."
personally, I expect him to run for the Senate and thereafter the Presidency as I deeply imagined he's much interested. Do you think he's really working out entirely on politics?
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by Onlytruth(m): 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2013

"the Daily Trust reported a list of senators that had not said anything since their election and two of them were from Anambra State. A senator from Cross River State had proposed 21 bills that had been passed whereas someone had not proposed even one. One the State gubernatorial aspirant has 53 convoys, you can imagine how many he acquires when he becomes Governor of the State."

This is what worries me the most. Love him or hate him, Peter Obi has been able to connect with governors from other platforms at the national level and even commented severally on national issues. He even connects well with the president from a different party. He is also a modest man that has laid a modest foundation for the state, among which is political civility and economic prudence.

We shall miss you bro, but I've learned that in politics anything can happen. You might be back to politics before you know it!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by kelvincoll(m): 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2013
Well. He may not be running but He didn't rule out the possibility of becoming a running mate cheesy

Take a bow Sir, u 've tried in ur own way
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by MajeOfficial: 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
that would be running...
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by owolabifunke14(f): 11:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
Coming from a Nigerian,I'm impressed. He should go and face his banking job.
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by CyberG: 11:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
owolabifunke14: Coming from a Nigerian,I'm impressed. He should go and face his banking job.

And you buy that BS? Does he have a choice? You cannot run on anything if you have such a thin record of achievement in 8 years! On what party will he run on? PDP or APGA??
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:01am On Aug 06, 2013
Obi has no doubt set an exemplary leadership path in Anambra and any governor coming in has to match his achievements or even do better. May God bless Omanbala with a man who care about the children and the poor masses.
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by mekaboy(m): 12:01am On Aug 06, 2013
Sir how can you run? With the heavy wealth you have acquired, I wonder how you will be able to run with such weight of cash in ur pocket. Ofcourse you can't run for even head of the family.

You have settled your entire generation, you and the generation after you will never have to run for anything in Nigeria.

With you billions of naira mall in Abj, and your shares in the sabmiler abi wetin them dey call the beer company in anambra.

Nigerians will be drinking into your pocket daily. I envy you sha.
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:04am On Aug 06, 2013
CyberG:

And you buy that BS? Does he have a choice? You cannot run on anything if you have such a thin record of achievement in 8 years! On what party will he run on? PDP or APGA??

I think it only responsible for men to grow up and eventually become a man. You are like a blind and a deaf man who is standing on a train track!

4 Likes

Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:08am On Aug 06, 2013
mekaboy: Sir how can you run? With the heavy wealth you have acquired, I wonder how you will be able to run with such weight of cash in ur pocket. Ofcourse you can't run for even head of the family.

You have settled your entire generation, you and the generation after you will never have to run for anything in Nigeria.

With you billions of naira mall in Abj, and your shares in the sabmiler abi wetin them dey call the beer company in anambra.

Nigerians will be drinking into your pocket daily. I envy you sha.

Do you mean the billions he acquired before he become a governor ? Now,if you can't prove that Obi has stollen from Anambra then may almighty God of justice curse you and your lineage...May you be treated like a thief and disgraced even when you are innocent!
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by CyberG: 12:11am On Aug 06, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

I think it only responsible for men to grow up and eventually become a man. You are like a blind and a deaf man who is standing on a train track!

You mean obi is still a baby not able to figure out that 19 is greater than 16? Well, he is a lapdog to the retardeen anyway just like a minor who is still unable to think and take a definite independent position. Like him you are also his boy boy lapdog and the only reason? Na your tribesman! Prove it false if otherwise!
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by CyberG: 12:13am On Aug 06, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Do you mean the billions he acquired before he become a governor ? Now,if you can't prove that Obi has stollen from Anambra then may almighty God of justice curse you and your lineage...May you be treated like a thief and disgraced even when you are innocent!

LMAO! grin grin Why you they curse the guy? Have you forgotten your 1 finger curse comes back 4 X back to your head and your lineage? I think you are Adaobi (P. Obi) on NL, hiding behind this ID. If not, show yourself!
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by bashydemy(m): 12:19am On Aug 06, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Try to be civil in your comment oga, id he ever say anything about him embezzling?
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by mekaboy(m): 12:21am On Aug 06, 2013
bashy_demy: Try to be civil in your comment oga, id he ever say anything about him embezzling?

Lol, maybe its guilt. That is how people expose themselves.
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by bashydemy(m): 12:29am On Aug 06, 2013
Back to the topic, if him like make him run mad who send am.
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 06, 2013
bashy_demy: Back to the topic, if him like make him run mad who send am.
You despise him that much?
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by okoro: 7:42am On Apr 28
Nobody is taking him serious again
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by Jomonix: 7:51am On Apr 28
If he announces this today the confusion and fear in the fraternity of his opponents will subside.
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by helinues: 8:03am On Apr 28
Aje, Dem sweat lies for this Peter Obi.

Dude just like lying for fun
Re: I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi by okoro: 8:07am On Apr 28
Jomonix:
If he announces this today the confusion and fear in the fraternity of his opponents will subside.
Agulu 419 can never be taken serious anymore

(1) (Reply)

Patrick Obahiagbon's Interview / Real Reason Why ASUU Is On Strike, May Not Go Back To Till June Next Year / Missing $49.8 Billion: Sanusi Makes U-Turn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.