Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36733 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by legendsilver(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
Well, congratulobia to OAU. Hope una graduates fit defend dia result sha? grin
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
Acecube: unilorin have all the above plus fast {and non-striking} academic calendar
Unilorin?! Is dat a school in Nigeria
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Tunjasko(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
The ranking was not based on academic standards...As for me,I think unilorin is still the best in academics considering the standard of graduates they produced and the non-disruption of their academic calendar

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Marineetyon(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
Can someone in the house tell why people lazy ppl should come here and argue abt rubbish and unprofessional methods of ranking. Is it the school you graduate from that gives job or the content of graduates' brain?

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Bryancrox(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
unable 2 comment cos am in one corner waiting 4 rain 2 stop...d 2 guys around me am afriad of dem dey luk like robbers,god pls help my phone

3 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
If no be for OAU who for know Seun?

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by REMMEI(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
oyinglory: Kini kawa shey si!,as far as I'm concerned University of Ibadan is stil d 1st n d very BEST in Naija.
#hug transformer if u no gree#

are you a UITES?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
philip.adesola:

Unilorin?! Is dat a school in Nigeria
Is UNILORIN a school? OAU doesn't accept them for PG.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Afolayan123: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
It welcome development in eduaction story....but dat does not distub ASSUU.........aluta continua...victoria ascerta
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by BrutusOj(m): 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
And they keep producing graduates who doesn't knw d difrence btween HIS and IS, HAS and AS..congrats anyway

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Afrok(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Okay nah.... But how does dis ranking solve d ASUU strike, both d first which is oau nd d last which d op did not include are on strike..... Best University in a country with one of d worst educational system in Africa, cool....

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Abuklaw(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2013
Okay!!! What of the best polytechnic in Nigerian and Africa as a whole?
I hate web ranking that is why i boycotted 4icu monthly ranking,which has no criteria but presence on the internet to rank schools
Webometric follow suit and rank based on website
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by OgaTheTop2: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
OAU Ke!, Abi na OOU. I think OOU is the best jare.. grin

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by yemmit90: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

What criteria are you looking for?

Does OAU have computer library for students?

Does OAU have free wifi for student or any available internet for visitors ?

Doess OAU offer master degreee?

Does OAU gives scholarship or grant to students that score above 3.5 or probably 4.0.

Does OAU have any sport activity?

Tell me what OAU students or professors have produced or discover for the last 10 years...

Answer the question above......

Coming wih more question....

Mr. Odeeee, when was the last time you visited the school?

OAU have everything you mentioned above,plus adequate land mass and beautiful environment.

5 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
Before educated illiterates begin to show themselves.

Webometrics is A directory of world universities ranked according their presence on the Web.
www.webometrics.info

Scammers at it again, trying to deceive the gullible.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by sylve11: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

Lmmaooooo.... many are mad but few roam the street. grin

i tell u grin grin grin cool
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by dollarlander: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
nerodenero: Nice one for OAU but how reliable is the statistics?I would have loved to see the criteria used before they arrived at this conclusion.If the statistics are good enough,then congratulations to OAU.

Read this quote from the poster "The new webometric ranking released today, Monday, 5th August, 2013, by the Cybermetrics Lab of Spain (a world-renowned Research Council)".

Meanwhile, Seun Osewa, whose forum you are using on a daily basis is a product of OAU.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 12:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.
Is this ^^^ how graduates of OAU write?
webometrics is directory of world universities ranked according their presence on the Web.

3 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by coogar: 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2013
there are only 2 universities in nigeria, OAU and the others as one. a first class student in UNILORIN, UNILAG, OOU would be lucky to come out with a second class lower in OAU.

the school's architectural design is the best i have seen in nigeria. nigeria's military government should be ashamed of themselves for not maintaining the facility in that school. OAU is the only university in nigeria that has RECTAS - the equivalent of NASA.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Adolak(m): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

What criteria are you looking for?

Does OAU have computer library for students?

Does OAU have free wifi for student or any available internet for visitors ?

Doess OAU offer master degreee?

Does OAU gives scholarship or grant to students that score above 3.5 or probably 4.0.

Does OAU have any sport activity?

Tell me what OAU students or professors have produced or discover for the last 10 years...

Answer the question above......

Coming wih more question....
I DONT LIKE HATERS. IT SEEMS YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE SCHOOL BEFORE. THATS WHY NIGERIA WONT MOVE FORWARD. WE ALWAYS WANT TO BRING DOWN THE PEOPLE AT THE TOP. WHERE DO YOU SCHOOL SEF AND LETS COMPARE.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ireneidiva(f): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.
Please who are all these?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by SimplySEA(m): 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2013
Acecube: unilorin have all the above plus fast {and non-striking} academic calendar
bros we are universities here, not.............
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by mclaaro(f): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.
living on past glory,the question is WHO HAVE YOU RECENTLY MADE?

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by PStacks(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nice one For OAU.. No wonder my Mum is always bragging about the school cos that's where she finished from as if we that went to other universities are useless.

Kudos to OAU sha..
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by diehard1: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
Nigerian universities!! grin grin grin grin grin No need rating them cause they are like glorified high schools.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
collynzo2: Before educated illiterates begin to show themselves.

Webometrics is A directory of world universities ranked according their presence on the Web.
www.webometrics.info

Scammers at it again, trying to deceive the gullible.
I wonder why they don't get it! It shows their students have got something lacking upstairs
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Adolak(m): 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2013
BrutusOj: And they keep producing graduates who doesn't knw d difrence btween HIS and IS, HAS and AS..congrats anyway
Sometimes when you type especially a long one, things like that are VERY possible. Get that to your cerebrum. You can read between the line of your own post and see what i'm saying.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Lincolm(m): 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
I'm a witness OAU has gone far beyond those criteria enlisted. The developmental strides of my able prof. Bamitale Omole is obvious in providing the standard n excellence for a condusive environment to ensure academic learning. An environment devoid of cultism, political rancur, supremacy of lecturers,and other social nuisaince common in most Nigerian universities. To crown it all, standard education has been made affordable to both the poor n the rich without any sort of criticism. Kudos to OAU, Bravo Great Ife, more power to his (Bamitale Omole) elbow.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar: there are only 2 universities in nigeria, OAU and the others as one. a first class student in UNILORIN, UNILAG, OOU would be lucky to come out with a second class lower in OAU.

the school's architectural design is the best i have seen in nigeria. nigeria's military government should be ashamed of themselves for not maintaining the facility in that school. OAU is the only university in nigeria that has RECTAS - the equivalent of NASA.
Probably never been to University of Ibadan. You wouldn't have written this.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ayyoshert: 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
Tolexander: See what webometric saw below with academic excellence that made them ranked OAU higher!
http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=YuDnQHkZmO9lVM&tbnid=x7Yb4oiiZmoznM:&ved=0CAcQjB0wAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.axuedu.com%2Fud%2FObafemi-Awolowo-University%2F73%2Fshow.html&ei=9eUAUs66EZCYhQfzn4DIBg&psig=AFQjCNEdqKm0nHlw458f4WV50WN-og04NA&ust=1375876981358758
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Atolagbe1: 1:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
OAU my A$$
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by francis4real(m): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Gud to hear that ! Fresh Air~~~GEJ is working.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Check Your JSCE Result Online / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.