Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36732 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by alienware(m): 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.
your english is terrible .
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ayyoshert: 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
Beautiful

3 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ikecaesar(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2013
Wat are u saying about alumni UNN gat it all so shut d Bleep up
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ikecaesar(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
Wat are u saying about alumni UNN gat it all so shut d f****k up
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by wanderlust007(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
hey guys d crirlteria for the rankin is nt academics o... it is a 'webometric' rankin.... it majors on activities via d web
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
Thank God my university, Ahmadu Bello University is in top 10; and for those calling names of great alumini from OAU they should give ABU credit for producing their leaders and big shot that run things in Nigeria. See dem: yar' Adua, atiku, almost all the northern givernors, el rufai, and many more. ABU for for life!!!

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
Some OAU std cud b so irritating.. UNiLag, UI has attained dat feat several tyms, shout no dey..
* dis ranking is on a monthly basis
* dis ranking is based on web/internet popularity.

D only valid ranking wud remain d 1 done by a University commision be it Global, Continental or National cos these 1s wud rank based on quality n no of widely publicise research works, number of international students, quality of graduates, prevalence of professors, aw equipped their library, the learning environ, and few other academic parameters.

Its so unfortunate that a self acclaimed erudite scholar wud now allow himself to be examined by a mere website statistical analysis.

For d Alma matas, if ABU, UNILAG, UI std start listing their representatives currently functioning in Niger Politics and other Affiliated Position, U go run!!!

OAU is Living on Past Glory!!

All Naija Univer Established in d Eary 60s and 70s av most of their achievement based on past far far far Glory!!!

Ranking Poo!! N d std ar der sitting @ home cos of ASUU!!

1000 student sharing a Laboratory that shud b for jst 100 students.

Using the same equipment ur Lecturer used in the 70s when e was a Student in same dept.

Reading science Journals in d library dated 1990 and bc work wit the vast arrays of development that has taken place over these decades...

Smh for all of u who so care abt d rubbish ranking!!!

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by mastroesco(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't know what to it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you criticism the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife,get the fact right, and am very sure that most of you criticism the school don't even where the school is located talkless you knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privilege or you wrote post utme five times in the school without being admitted does not mean you to criticise the school, i am not a student of the school.

Sorrry Are U a Product of OAU
You have done more harm than Good to the School.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by soladollar(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dont be decieved, its just d ranking of the schools web presence. www.datsall
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by massmedia: 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
GREAT IFE= SCHOOL MEANT FOR INTELLECTUALS. FOR LEARNING AND CULTURE,,NO UNIVERSITY LYK OBA AWON UNIVERSITY....I REP GREAT Ife..
Oau remains the best..
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by eddyj36(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
plz tell me ur comment is an absolute joke.. i cant stop laffing.. na hw u take pass english for waec.. or maybe i shuld ask if u even passed it atall.. Unilorin is the best school in this country most of these webo rankings ar done blindly and baseless most times..

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by pbling: 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2013
pple whe de ds sku no knw anitin,hmmm who gv dem no.1
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by harkynon(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
of the GREATEST IFE (great) why are they beefing? let them take UTME form and choose OAU as their 1st choice, and see how it goes. Dem think say OAU na beans? Oba Awon Universities. Give crown to whom it fits. OAU will soon be the best. hurray
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by harkynon(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
twale to the OAU students
harkynon: of the GREATEST IFE (great) why are they beefing? let them take UTME form and choose OAU as their 1st choice, and see how it goes. Dem think say OAU na beans? Oba Awon Universities. Give crown to whom it fits. OAU will soon be the best. hurray
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
There's little doubt OAU is a fantastic institution by Nigerian standards. I wept for the moribund state of my alma mater (UNN) the day I saw the Ife campus. That said, the Webometrics ranking has to be the most pointless ranking out there, employing indices that are largely of little consequence when measuring quality education. All it measures is basically web volume and presence by publications. In any case, there's little doubt OAU would still rank very highly in Nigeria by any objective measures.

5 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Tunjasko(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
yemmit90:

Mr. Odeeee, when last did you visited the school?

OAU have evertthing you mentioned above,plus adequate land mass and beautiful environment.
When last did you visited the school....#O.A.U students...Lol

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
dr dams: Some OAU std cud b so irritating.. UNiLag, UI has attained dat feat several tyms, shout no dey..
* dis ranking is on a monthly basis
* dis ranking is based on web/internet popularity.

D only valid ranking wud remain d 1 done by a University commision be it Global, Continental or National cos these 1s wud rank based on quality n no of widely publicise research works, number of international students, quality of graduates, prevalence of professors, aw equipped their library, the learning environ, and few other academic parameters.

Its so unfortunate that a self acclaimed erudite scholar wud now allow himself to be examined by a mere website statistical analysis.

For d Alma matas, if ABU, UNILAG, UI std start listing their representatives currently functioning in Niger Politics and other Affiliated Position, U go run!!!

OAU is Living on Past Glory!!

All Naija Univer Established in d Eary 60s and 70s av most of their achievement based on past far far far Glory!!!

Ranking Poo!! N d std ar der sitting @ home cos of ASUU!!

1000 student sharing a Laboratory that shud b for jst 100 students.

Using the same equipment ur Lecturer used in the 70s when e was a Student in same dept.

Reading science Journals in d library dated 1990 and bc work wit the vast arrays of development that has taken place over these decades...

Smh for all of u who so care abt d rubbish ranking!!!
Tell them
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2013
harkynon: of the GREATEST IFE (great) why are they beefing? let them take UTME form and choose OAU as their 1st choice, and see how it goes. Dem think say OAU na beans? Oba Awon Universities. Give crown to whom it fits. OAU will soon be the best. hurray
OAU is not any harder to get into than Unilag or UNN or Uniben or UI.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
Thank God i'm a student of OAU.
Congrats to us for this achievement. Everybody wants there school to be well rated. The only way for OAU is up and one day the school will be ranked top in Africa and be able to challenge the likes of Havard and MIT
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by massmedia: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
koonbey: Exactly,I think as of Today,Unilorin is a better Institution than OAU

It's obvious u are beefing OAU,,you must have written OAU post ume like 5 different times and not given admission,,your point sounds senseless,,
you are among the people Lagbaja classifies as mumu..
OAU=OBA AWON UNIVERSITY...
Simply for LEARNING AND CULTURE
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by EmperorSpecie(m): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2013
CFCfan: Congrats to OAU

Ah tnk say na OAU studnt gt one record lk dt az lngest sex? May b dtz 1 of d criteria usd. Lwmmr!

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by drdams: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Vernor(m): 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
Greatest Ife! All u beefing the school please hug the transformer near you
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Stalemate(m): 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ijawboi: my school uses projector,
My environment is conducive for learning.. Wait wait y I dey even reply you, no be S.A wey person shot him wife for bathroom? Abeg relax joor. Idiat. Go buy land for deir na. Mumu
i have no doubt u ve a cildish mind. what has killing in S.A got to do with this discussion.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Lizylaw(f): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
Given the chance, almost evry student will rate his/her skul as no 1. Dis shld not cause beefing nd pointless exchange of words. Oau is indeed great whether ranked no1 or no99. Yes, d skul has issues jxt like evry uni in nigeria but it remains GREAT IFE. I wonder why this ranking annoys so many pple yet they r saying it is worthless. All this talk does not make Oau better or any other skul worse. Enjoy ur strike fellas

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by coogar: 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2013
collynzo2: Probably never been to University of Ibadan. You wouldn't have written this.

UI is a shyte school - too old to be reckoned with and the architectural value is zero. go to the spider house in OAU and marvel!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Onyenna(m): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2013

Jeeez!! OMG!!! Are you a student/graduate of OAU? **feints**
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ifyfaith: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.
sorry o,no bite me because of my comment o.but y is it that it is mostly yoruba names that u mentioned,is d school only meant for the yoruba's or is it that it is only people from the west that the admin do give admission? just wondering ni oooooo

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Tunjasko(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2013
massmedia:

It's obvious u are beefing OAU,,you must have written OAU post ume like 5 different times and not given admission,,your point sounds senseless,,
Mr OAU..what were the criterias used for this ranking..only presence on the internet...you better be praying to God so that ASUU might call-off their strike..as for us the better by far university,we don't go on strike..# unilorites

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by gazilion: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
EA Adeboye did BSc at UNN and PhD at Unilag. Please which year did he school at OAU.
Ola Johnson: Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa, Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun (Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
massmedia:

My Guy,you are a very Stupi@d Person,I made my Opinion known and the next thing to do is insult me? is that what you are/were taught in OAU? SMH.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
BTW,you were right,I applied for OAU last Year,fresh out of Secondary School but was not offered admission,I scored 240 and 272 in UTME and Post UTME respectively,I checked the List and there were People with 2 0 somethings on there,and I had heard OAU is impartial...yea yea,I know how it is,I'm not beefing,or maybe I am,but that doesn't change the Fact that your response above was uncalled for and uncouth,or for that matter;the fact that you are a Pathetically Unintelligent Parrot who neither has the Mental Capacity to form Opinions of his own nor respect those of others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Check Your JSCE Result Online / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.