Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Is Custom Duty Certificate Important - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Custom Duty Certificate Important (1270 Views)

How Do I Know If A Car Custom Duty Has Been Paid ? / A Total Amount Of M134,000,000 Was Paid For Custom Duty Alone For Dos Cars Below / Custom Duty Payment Made Easier. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Custom Duty Certificate Important by bobbymore: 7:30am On Aug 06, 2013
I need urgent advise. Am at the verge of paying for a car at Victoria Island lagos. The car dealer brought the documents for the car, a toyota avalon '03 model. The documents are complete except the custom duty certificate wasnt provided. Reason he gave was that at the time the car was imported, they didnt issue that document. I need advice from NLders bcause am billed to make payment this morning.
Re: Is Custom Duty Certificate Important by bobbymore: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2013
Pls, I am in a tight spot. Can someone from Customs advise me. Thanks.
Re: Is Custom Duty Certificate Important by bellong: 9:29am On Aug 06, 2013
If he has all other custom documents to prove he paid his duty, you can buy. Meanwhile, you can verify the authenticity of his payment at any custom's office before making payment for the vehicle.

Though sometimes customs certificates are not always available. He may be speaking the truth.
Re: Is Custom Duty Certificate Important by bobbymore: 11:20am On Aug 06, 2013
bellong: If he has all other custom documents to prove he paid his duty, you can buy. Meanwhile, you can verify the authenticity of his payment at any custom's office before making payment for the vehicle.

Though sometimes customs certificates are not always available. He may be speaking the truth.
Thanks for the info, you made my day.
Sorry, is the verification done free
Re: Is Custom Duty Certificate Important by bellong: 11:37am On Aug 06, 2013
Welcome bro.. Glad to be of help

(1) (Reply)

Brain Box Stolen / Nissan Micra Accident In Ibadan / Engine Oil Level Keeps Going Low

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.