Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy (543 Views)

Civilian-JTF Claims Shekau Was Arrested / Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Die As Rival Civilian JTF Battle For Supremacy by naeto2(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2013
MAIDUGURI — At least five persons were killed, weekend, following a deadly clash between two rival vigilante youth groups seeking to curb the menace posed by the Boko Haram in Borno State.
The two groups, popularly called ‘civilian JTF’ were fighting over the control of Biu, a town about 190 kilometres from Maiduguri, residents said.
“The Civilian JTF in Biu had asked those that came from Maiduguri to leave the town because their presence was likely to cause more harm than good to residents of Biu town,” Abdullahi Mohammed said.
He said it was during the ejection of the Maiduguri civilian JTF that fight ensued between the two youth groups, which led to the killing of five persons.
“I saw five corpses before I was rushed to hospital. It is possible the casualty figure may be more than five because only two of us survived the shooting. I can’t tell where other dead bodies were deposited,” he said.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/5-die-as-rival-civilian-jtf-battle-for-supremacy/#sthash.Dc984CXW.dpuf[b][/b][b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

The More Christians We Were Able To Kill, The More Our Chances Of Entering Alijo / Should Chief James Ibori Be Released? / UK Recession: Personal Hygiene Suffering In Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.